Music is the key to all emotions. For example: a sad song automatically makes you sad. If you seek happiness, play a song you enjoy most. - last_song
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What do you believe? - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
As I said before- my purpose to life is to live.

You said life ends in nothingness that makes the final value of life nothing. Therefore you simply live only to become nothing.

quote:
how is that different from afterlife?

It is simply life no end just continuous life.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
You said life ends in nothingness that makes the final value of life nothing. Therefore you simply live only to become nothing.

correct. It's Not the Destination, but the Journey that Counts.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 39yrs • M •
But what motivates a journey to death. What makes a person so willing to give their life for nothing at all.

37yrs • M •
As I said:
It's Not the Destination, but the Journey that Counts

that is motivation. that is purpose.

39yrs • M •
quote:
It's Not the Destination, but the Journey that Counts

But why does the journey count? Just because you think it does? If a child dies are they worth less than someone who had a longer journey?
What things must one do on this journey to be worthwhile? If each does what is right to him, thinking there is no consequence, then all things truly are permissible and the legal system is in conflict with your belief system.

37yrs • M •
I thought it was self-explanatory...
the journey counts because not how old you get, but the essences of life. Such as happiness, love, health, joy, enlightenment, knowledge, self-actualisation. That is why the journey counts.

39yrs • M •
So you find worth only in the actions you carry out? Who sets the standard? What makes me happy may not make you happy and in fact my actions my please me yet hurt you but as long as I please myself I cannot be wrong because life ends in nothing and I want my journey to be my own.

37yrs • M •
you are interpreting it on a different level. I set the standard on what my purpose/motivation is. simple as that!

39yrs • M •
quote:
I set the standard on what my purpose/motivation is. simple as that!

So if you decide your purpose is to make millions of dollars through fraud you will have lead a very good life by your own standards.

37yrs • M •
yep

Fortunately my purpose involves- happiness, love, health, joy, enlightenment, knowledge and self-actualisation

39yrs • M •
So you advocate the lifestyles of any and everybody as long as they feel they are right. You side both with the Nazi behaviour and the goals of Ghandi. Your philosophy breeds disorder.

quote:
Fortunately my purpose involves- happiness, love, health, joy, enlightenment, knowledge and self-actualisation

Your own or someone else's?

37yrs • M •
mate my life's purpose is through my own experiences, not what it says in a book 2000yrs ago. I don't need to be desperately hanging on and be dependent on a deity to help me guide my way through life. I have my own values, I have social convention, law and ethics.Your views are no more valid than mine.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe in the teachings of Jesus even though I don't believe in God. Jesus only taught about pure love, mercy, and forgiveness for one another. Nothing's wrong with that. I do believe there is a force of evil and a force of good, but humans are neither of them. We are inbetween, we are the gray between the black and white. Do we have a purpose? Maybe, maybe not. All I know is it feels better not to have one. To have a purpose means you were created to perform a certain duty. Who wants to be so constrained and limited to think of yourself as having one main function in life? The best thing to do is to enjoy the good things in life, try to stop the bad, and do good to your neighbor. I don't believe in heaven because I don't believe a person can do anything good enough for eternal paradise and I don't believe in hell because I don't believe anyone can do anything bad enough to deserve eternal punishment. Hopefully we can all make a nice little paradise of what we have right now and try not to live our life out of fear of punishment or hope for a reward.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
a person who is nihilist could kill themselves or they could simply live, it doesn't matter to us.

But why voluntarily submit yourself to pain that has no meaning?

quote:
I don't need to be desperately hanging on and be dependent on a deity to help me guide my way through life

You just need to desperately hang onto yourself just to gain absolutely nothing.

quote:
All I know is it feels better not to have one

Does it honestly feel better to be meaningless?

quote:
To have a purpose means you were created to perform a certain duty. Who wants to be so constrained and limited to think of yourself as having one main function in life?

Most people who have careers submit to limiting themselves to one main function, I guess all those people are misguided.

quote:
Jesus only taught about pure love, mercy, and forgiveness for one another

Jesus talked about the sin of the people and the penalty for it. He also talked about Heaven and Hell, but I suppose you missed those points?

What do you believe? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy