You have the right to free speech, as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it - The Clash
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Abortion

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Catnip48 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Abortion
I like to hear everyone opinion on why it is wrong or right?
I'm writing a paper on it.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is it wrong to kill n unborn baby?

I much prefer this question;

Is it right or wrong to bring a baby into this world given the circumstances?

Just develop that question.

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Is it right or wrong to bring a baby into this world given the circumstances?

This question tends to justifies people who want abortions. It is an excuse for poor parenting. If people actually invested real time with their children that would go a long way.
Think about it this way is it less wrong to murder someone if I can't see them

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
is it wrong to force a woman who was raped to keep the child that she got? It's not a simple black and white issue. And yes, some forms of abortion are just plain sick, but some abortion methods are carried out before the fetus is even legally alive (IE no nervous system, no brain, no heart.), and it's these that i don't have a problem with.

"He who does not question is lost."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ultima is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im pro abortion... y force someone to carry out having a child when there not able to. It may be a life... but its their choice, their body. How dare anyone make it illegal to have an abortion. Some things arnt planned, and to top it off the world is over populated, y bring in another being into an already destructive world.

"take chances, make mistakes, and get messy"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok. first of all when trying to sound intelligent, jimmy, be a little more original. with that you think im against abortion. right?. nope. im for it. but not for your reasons. secondly, this is a good question what is living. there are five scientific characteristics. adaption, reproduction, movement, and awareness. are any of those in a fetus? can you kill something that isn't living? is it murder if it isn't living? do you even know what the hell your talking about? was that out of context? do you get my point? becuase befor basing yours on something maybe you should think about the other side. or just think. stop regargitating the same crap you hear over and over again. stop asuming your right. we aren't hear to proove people wrong were hear to learn. so learn from me. think. and last. is it wrong to force a woman to have a baby? is it ok to give it to all the people waiting to adopt? do i even know what the hell im talking about?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
quote:
How dare anyone make it illegal to have an abortion.

How about this Ultima. If the 'gay gene' is discovered some it may become a hate crime to abort a child carrying that gene.

http://magic-city-news.com/article_3173.shtml

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
quote: Is it right or wrong to bring a baby into this world given the circumstances?

This question tends to justifies people who want abortions. It is an excuse for poor parenting. If people actually invested real time with their children that would go a long way.
Think about it this way is it less wrong to murder someone if I can't see them

Inellignce learns from mistakes. Wisdom learns from others mistakes or foresees them.

Consider the 14 year old girl pregnant with no boyfriend, depressed, no supportie parents, little hope and where carly she's nt ready for a baby. Ad she realises this. If you rejet thhe right to abort in my eyes you are comitting equal to murder....livig misery. And I'm right. Full stop.

""No words""
 39yrs • M •
That example is correct. But ask yourself this. Why was the 14 year old pregnant with no boyfriend? You are simply saying that it is perfectly acceptable for that girl to have gotten pregnant.
By allowing abortions you are simply telling the world that they have no need for responsibility. If people simply thought about things before doing them we wouldn't have an estimated 126000 abortions a day.
However I suppose it is unreasonable to ask people to think.

[  Edited by etherealmeekle at   ]
 58yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that RaTyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Personal choice, plain and simple. I have no right to dictate what you do with your body and you have no right to dictate what I do with mine, and where the chicken is implanted is none of your business either.

""I do not wish my pockets to be searched.""
 35yrs • M •
quote:
By allowing abortions you are simply telling the world that they have no need for responsibility.

Not necessasarily. (I refer you to my previous post) Personaly, i don't see abortion as right in all cases, but then again I think that the right thing to do is let people make their own choice on the matter. If you want an abortion, fine. If you don't, fine. but we shouldn't be telling others what to do.

39yrs • M •
quote:
but we shouldn't be telling others what to do.

Then why do we have a legal system?
If people took responsibility for their actions this wouldn't be an issue. But as stated before it is unreasonable to expect people to think.

35yrs • M •
You're taking what I said out of proportion.

quote:
If people took responsibility for their actions this wouldn't be an issue.

People do, but this isn't a black and white issue. Answer me this: If someone has a child, and then discovers that the child will have a genetic disease which will ensure that the child will only live to one year, and suffer the whole time (such diseases do exist. I'm not making this up). Is it right to force that person to have the child?

>>Apologies for the gruesome discription.<<

39yrs • M •
Is such a child unworthy of love? Would you look the child in the eyes and tell them that they don't deserve a chance at life?

35yrs • M •
No, but is it right to force the parents to watch their child suffer?

Abortion
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy