Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

born gay - Page 7

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Not so, already fewer people get married but now they have more reason not to.

Only becasue they cant tolerate the idea of diversity.

quote:
African Americans cannot change who they are, gays can. Big difference.

Then you decide to be gay. I'm serious. and besided who would choose to be part of the most religiously-hated most discriminated against groups in the entire world?

"He who does not question is lost."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
who would choose to be part of the most religiously-hated most discriminated against groups in the entire world?

Not all people are controlled by fear. Besides Christianity in its real form is a highly intolerated and mocked religion do you think this means that people don't become Christians?

quote:
Only becasue they cant tolerate the idea of diversity.

No it is because it means nothing to be married. People choose cohabitation because marriage has no real meaning anymore.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont think people are born gay i think that they become atracted to someone and thats that. i am a completly heterosexual male. and im completly comfortable with that. i know im not gay, yet, becuase i've never said to myself "damn that guys hot, i want to touch". but hey its completly possible.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • M •
quote:

Not all people are controlled by fear. Besides Christianity in its real form is a highly intolerated and mocked religion do you think this means that people don't become Christians?

Christians aren't persecuted almost at all in the USA, just look at the current administration. trying to make yourself a martyr doesn't make you any more right.
and you don't have to be afraid of something to not want to do it, that's like saying you didn't vote for bush because you were afraid, and ask youself, who would willingly choose to be part of the most religiously-hated most discriminated against group in the entire world?

quote:
No it is because it means nothing to be married. People choose cohabitation because marriage has no real meaning anymore.

only becasue they beleive that marriage means nothing. but that doesn't make it the truth.

39yrs • M •
quote:
who would willingly choose to be part of the most religiously-hated most discriminated against group in the entire world?

If being gay is so bad that nobody would choose it then why not find ways to treat it?

quote:
only becasue they beleive that marriage means nothing. but that doesn't make it the truth.

Even if it isn't true it is still a reason why a lot of people don't marry anymore. Even as a lie it is a deterent because people on average seem to agree with the lie.

35yrs • M •
quote:
If being gay is so bad that nobody would choose it then why not find ways to treat it?

It's only bad because crusading intolerant christians make it that way. If more people just accepted (not agreed with) the fact that homosexuals are no worse than anyone else, then it wouldn't be such a big deal. Allowing women to vote used to be a big deal, but nobody thinks it was a bad idea anymore. It's the same with homosexuality. I just hope that society doesn't repeat its mistakes.

As for the second part,
quote:
then why not find ways to treat it?

Homosexuality isn't a disease, in the same way that heterosexuality isn't a disease. It's just the way they are. Saying that we should find a medical way to provent homosexuality is the same as saying we should find a medical way to prevent anyone from having black skin.

39yrs • M •
quote:
we should find a medical way to prevent anyone from having black skin.

This would only be true if people chose to have black skin the way people choose to be gay.

35yrs • M •
quote:
This would only be true if people chose to have black skin the way people choose to be gay.

Ok then why shouldn't we create a medical way to provent people from chosing any religion except christianity. religion is a choice. And if being gay is a choice, then being straight must also be a choice, so why is it that no matter how hard i try i can't make myself be atracted to other men?

39yrs • M •
quote:
Ok then why shouldn't we create a medical way to provent people from chosing any religion except christianity.

Go ahead and do it if you can.

quote:
so why is it that no matter how hard i try i can't make myself be atracted to other men?

Probably because you aren't honest with yourself. Or your aren't open minded enough, or maybe just deep down homophobic I don't know.

35yrs • M •
http://my.webmd.com/content/article/46/2953_531.htm

quote:
homosexuality and bisexuality are not caused by the way a child was reared by his or her parents, or by having a sexual experience with someone of the same sex when the person was young. Also, being homosexual or bisexual does not mean the person is mentally ill or abnormal in some way, although there may be social problems that result from prejudicial attitudes or misinformation.

quote:
Most experts agree that sexual orientation is not a choice and, therefore, cannot be changed.

39yrs • M •
quote:
homosexuality and bisexuality are not caused by the way a child was reared by his or her parents, or by having a sexual experience with someone of the same sex when the person was young. Also, being homosexual or bisexual does not mean the person is mentally ill or abnormal in some way

That sounds like the same crap advice about ADD. It states that in no way is it a result of bad parenting or school or TV or sugar. Then it says that it doesn't know the cause but the best treatment is drugs.

Be honest with yourself and you will see that you too possess the ability to choose a homosexual life.

35yrs • M •
quote:
Then it says that it doesn't know the cause but the best treatment is drugs.

Where does it say that? show me the quote, because i read the article and i didn't see anything of the sort.

You also left out the last part of my quote.
quote:
although there may be social problems that result from prejudicial attitudes or misinformation.

39yrs • M •
quote:
Where does it say that? show me the quote, because i read the article and i didn't see anything of the sort.

I was talking about a different issue.

quote:
although there may be social problems that result from prejudicial attitudes or misinformation.

This is irrelevent because it is true of everything.

quote:
Most scientists today agree that sexual orientation is the result of a combination of environmental, emotional, hormonal, and biological factors. In other words, there are many factors that contribute to a person's sexual orientation, and the factors may be different for different people.

This in no way suggests that people do not choose homosexuality.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ultima is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hi,
well this is my first post, and well... this is what i have to say about the issue...
From what ive learned in school, it is still debateable whethor or not you are born or experience makes you gay.
I personally was born gay, im 22 and ive known all my life.. (well at the age of 17 that i was) looking back on my life i realize that i was born gay, that everythign i did, question, and do, i was born gay. i never found females sexually motivating, or desirable. I found myself fascinated by the male body, and thus realized, i would stop hiding who i am, and stop making excuses on how i felt about the same sex. Personally i think it is genetic... i could be wrong.. but i say this thru experience, and thru trial and error. Most gay men regardless of how feminine their worlds have been, (i mean this with regards to being brought up with sisters, gay siblings... yadda yadda) are still gay. Ive met men who have been conditioned to be straight from the dawn of time and are gay. From experience alone, and thru meeting others, it still is not proof enough, that being gay is linked to experience.

"take chances, make mistakes, and get messy"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
aha

thank u ultima, i luv u

personal experience
now wot can u say 2 dat.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
born gay - Page 7
  3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy