Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

December 21st 2012

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
December 21st 2012
many of you that click this thread already know the signifigance of this date, however for those of you who don't...

The mayan civilization was an incredibly advanced civilization in every way imaginable, it has been argued that they were aliens =), however before their mysterious extinction, they predicted using astronomy that:

December 21st 2012 with mark the end of the world as we know it

they predict this because it is

A. it is the end of the Mayan baktun long count and simultaniously the begining of the mayan katan

B. it is the winter solsitce

C. it is the date in which our sun is in conjunction with the galactic equator ( middle of the milky way ) and the Galactic equator

in summary, this happens once every 100s of thousands, if not millions, of years

this is amazing because they mayans were an ancient civilization and they somehow predicted this perfectly.

however the point of this thread is to ask, "what will happen on december 21st 2012, if anything?"

i predict it is the fall of America. i have come to this conclusion because it is not only a president election year, but due to no calender in history ever being correct... ever, perhaps the crossing will happen on what is january 4th on our calender, the day that a new president is sworn in. This new president, perhaps, starts a nuclear war which destroys the human race, or reverts them back to a nomadic state.

i believe that in the last time the sun crossed those two points, the mass extinction occured.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what utter b.s!
Many civilizations in human past have foolishly failed to predict the end of the earth. To predict the future is rather feebleminded. It is also extremely irrational- given there is no real firm reason for this prediction.

quote:
i believe that in the last time the sun crossed those two points, the mass extinction occured.

Not true- that is just a theory. Besides if you are predicting another mass extinction caused by a meteorite it is possible. However you may fail to realise that we are actually currently in the sixth wave of mass extinction- caused by humans; habitat destruction, climate change, etc.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Seeing as we're on this topic. If the Mayans are right its probably a tranistion to a 'new age'. Anyway, I'm going to put it here but could be a new topic on its own.

Indigo Children: new kids on the block that are quite different to your normal kids!

Google them (its enlightening stuff) or read their words:

http://www.namastecafe.com/evolution/indigo/default.htm

All good no bad here that I can see.

""No words""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont know about the whole mayan date theory. i believe our world is in the middle of a great transition... i dont think one single day can mark a definitive change though, we'll see.

ive been told i might be an Indigo Child before, but ive never looked in to it before. the characteristics fit me. i donno.

i think Indigos, Crystals, Golds and whatever else you wanna come up with have always been around. more of certain types show up at certain times however.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
welcome to reality...

summit you just completely proved my earlier point from previous threads about religion... which no one had actually read and payed attention to.

i said i belived what i said about the mayans thing, and you call it BS. if i truely believed what i said i would retort and a fight would break out.

it is this kind of closed mindedness that is holding the world back and will destroy it in time if nothing is done to fix it.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Remember when everyone was scared of the year 2000 as the end of the world. And remember nothing happened.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Many, many people have been ruined by such theories.

I guess people are always looking for something to believe in.

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 35yrs • M •
2000 wasnt a theory, people were afraid the computers were gonna crash... and they woulda if they hadnt fixed it... no theory about it...

this is a theory about a super advanced civilization that no other will ever match in intelligence.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that indigo children thing is a bit weird. some people look at the world differently ro others. it makes sense that some will care and notice more than others, u get the other extreme, people who just dont give a shit, they go through life with their brains on auto pilot, or just not on at all, so why not the opposite?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
December 21st 2012
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy