Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Wake up and discover that God never existed - Page 4

User Thread
 47yrs • M •
polo292024 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i beleive in god and lets say we both died and you were right and i was wrong (then i didnt loose a thing) , but if i was right and you were wrong ( so you are in deep trouble for eternity)

"live as ur living forever and work hard for the afterlife as if ur dying tomorrow"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are times when im so sure God exists, its like i can feel his presence, and then theres time when ive had enough, and then its like hes not even there any more. so basically i am one messed up theist, theres time i wish he wasnt there, so im scared really, and im scared ill one day ask so many questions that he'll get sick of me then he'll allow me to become a atheist, then ill get busted on judgement day.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What if you woke up the next day and found God did exist?

I don't know what God is. Whether his white beard gets caught up in his big door now and then. Whether he's really everything; a mat under which all creation unfolds; whether nature = God.

Its amazing how fanciful all the ideas are that have tried to describe and attribute stories to what God is; and really its the creative imagination behind this that I find fascinating. We can explain it; sun gods were there because the sun was mystical and provided, still provides, the source of all our doings. If horses could draw; they'd draw a horse god.

There's logic too so long as you're not digging at the problem; sun god's etc. allow one to understand the cyclic nature of astronomy; which is important for agriculture; many eastern ceremonies were performed because its easier to remember the process of doing something worthwile (like creating a samarai sword) because of the steps in ritual. Christianioty allows us to in principle lead a co-existing life with order.

I think, atehist, theist, christian, etc. these are just lables. They serve a valid purpose. I think more than this though, if you just live simply and honestly within your limits you outgrow them much faster than you would otherwise and questions like this start to seem irrelevant; kind of like asking a tortoise where the south pole is.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
Wake up and discover that God never existed - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy