Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

records and fact truth

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
records and fact truth
dawm just went thru a crazy argument (unintentionally) at the dinner table with the neigbours.. holy shit fucking annoying as fuck.. dont want to even get started on that... anyway,.. i guess the main part of the other ones argument was that "you cannot deny facts.. maybe some innacuracy.. but you cannot deny the occurance from a fact ex: "jesus story, he may not have been the son of god bujt its a proven fact he lived becasue records show (records are facts"(which you supposedly cant deny).." Christpher columbus its true beacsue there are recoids.. its a fact.."...i gave an exapmle of a man lying about a unicorn he saw and telling her she said "thats not a fact" i should have said whatif he wrote it down in records and people believed there was this type of ujnicron etc etc there.... then that could have possibly been takin as the truth (like perhaps jesus columbus etc etc)..

anyway my questions are does the defninitoin of fact imply that its true? do you think it is just as possible for records whnich are considered facts to not be truje (based on a story many people belive is true).. or then would that not be considered a fact?

the most annoying part was her telling me im learning from her and i have a lot to learn OM i cant even think now.. just neeed to cool off for the night then.. but for now maybvee woldb e nice to hear some thoughts on this topaic...

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the three things one should never discuss at the dinner table.
1. sex
2. politics
3. religion

arguing whether facts are facts or not is like beating your head on the wall. as far as i am concerned, nothing is a fact unless i have personally witnessed it. and even then i have doubts.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
nothing can ever truely, 100 percent, without a single doubt, be proven........not in my opinion anyway

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if she believes its a fact, then its a fact to her. if you believe it not to be a fact, then its not a fact to you. fact is just another word that lables shit and is just as open to intrepretation and improvisation as the rest of the language.

"dont got one"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
sure exactly, but on her position she would not agree that there is a truth to my position (skeptical).. funny she een said the common "cant prove or disprove anything" then she said "you cannot deny the truth of record facts (although some innacuracies)".. and she was telling me im making fallcies "do you no what fallacies are?" shut the fuck up.. no backing.. and when i tried to back my self most of the time she jokingly changed the subject or "shhhh" "you dont listen".. and the funny thing is is like we were using both arguments against each other back n forth! liek what the fuck..im fumming still.. she said "i have so much tthat im gonig to learn in philosohy" in reacrion to beringin up skepticism.. but first of all thats a topic so common in philosphy (in schoo,l as she was refferming to) , and second of all thats not even the topic in philsophy devote most of my thniking throeis towardcs (did some actually for fun).. sorry im just fumming i have to lewt out at her today.. imgonig to try to swing by..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
records and fact truth
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy