Why does it always rain on me? even when the sun is shining i cannot avoid the lightning. - Travis
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

mysterious light travel

User Thread
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gammanova is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
mysterious light travel
they say they can see cosmic bodies 10 billion light years away.this means it took 10 billion years for us to see this light coming from that cosmic bodies position. we also know that everything in the universe is constantly moving. so if it took 10 billion years for that bodies light to reach us where is that body now. could it be the same body as a body that we observed and was said to be 5 billion light years away. could the body have moved into that location after 5 billion years and now we can look at 2 different locations to see the same star at the same time according to the duration that its light had traveled and reached us in ??????

"tree of existance from one seed"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hey, nice thought!
But now that I come to think of it, objects in the universe follow a fixed path, they don't get farther or closer. They move-yes, but the distance between them more or less remains the same.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 48yrs • M •
true , but if what i am saying is correct then the heavenly bodies arent as fixed as we believe. beings we have not even observed for a blink of an eye in cosmic time

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
[  Edited by sleepingwraith at   ]
 48yrs • M •
WELL WE'D ONLY BE ABLE TO OBSERVE ONE LIGHT FOR VERY SMALL AMOUNTS OF TIME BECAUSE OF CONJUNCTIONS AND OUR OWN SOLAR LIGHT ,HOWEVER WE HAVE STILL ONLY BEEN OBSERVING FOR LETS SAY 25,000 YEARS , ONLY ABOUT 700 EDUCATED, OUT OF 4,500,000,000 YEARS SO GO FIGURE.

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Most people who look at the universe, as in galaxy position and moment, see a group of stellar bodies(galaxies) moving away from each other by some unexplainded force.

I see a group of stellar bodies, with super massive black holes in the center of each, designed to destroy Space/Time in its center, therefore stretching the Space/Time at its borders, creating new space, and making every universe appear like it is moving away from its peers.

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Okay, that should have been, and making every GALAXY appear like it is moving away from its peers.

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think that galaxies do move away from each other, otherwise there would be no such thing as blue shifts and red shifts. (when the light spectrum of the body we are seeing moves towards one end of the spectrum depending on whether it is moving away from or towards us) though i have to agree that for us to see a body in two places at once it would have had to move faster than light to reach its second position, and woud have had to move towards us.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I AM USING EARTH AS A REFRENCE POINT

galaxies supposedly move away from eachother, supposedly... and we all know that not all planets, suns, objects, blah blah blah move at different speeds. Furthermore if an object is moving, be it towards or away, and gives off light or sound, the frequency either increases or decrease according to the refrence point. this is know as the doplar effect, which actually doesnt exist... but for this post it does. that means that what we see is usualy brighter, duller, or in a different spot in the universe than it actually is.

FURTHERMORE, there are black holes dispersed threwout the universe that are constantly bending light... this means that the objects we see from earth are even FURTHER away from where they actually are.

mysterious light travel
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy