Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why Do They Hate Us - Page 2

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Point taken, people need to be informed and complaining does get the information out there.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
First off - turning cars over in the street is hardly violence compared to war. I served my country for 14 years. There were some angry Vietnam vets, and trust me, there will be some angry Iraqi vets. You should not be so gun hoe on war unless you're willing to make the sacrifice yourself. Trust me, when you talk to that recruiter and he convinces you to say "I do" You don't have a clue what you're getting into, and you can't back out. They can't just change their mind, because for them, that would be prison time. Actually, in a time of war, they could even be shot. What we are doing to those brave enough to volunteer has never been so bad. Never this bad, that's a fact. After their tour is over, we involuntarily extend them and send them back in there. I think we did that in Pearl Harbor, we didn't do this in Vietnam. Why, because we don't have enough volunteers. In the past we had a draft. It is very unfair what we are doing to them.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
very true, but what most people don't realise is that it's not as hard as it seems to get out of the millitary, if you get out before you finish basic training. the system isn't as stacked against you as you might think.

"He who does not question is lost."
 64yrs • M •
You're right. They will threaton you with a lifetime federal prison sentence were you will break rocks all your life. I think I recall hearing that about a dozen times in boot camp. That was back in 77 when there wasn't a war.

Imagine what it is like now that there is a war? I imagine they will make it as difficult as possible for you if you even thought about backing out.

However, serving your country should be a proud thing. We the civilians need to ensure that it will be.

I trust John McCain - the time will come when he too will ask that our troops be brought home, everyone will listen to him.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That's only because people are not smart enough to learn that people work better when they aren't threatened. Armies should be hard to get into and easy to get out of, and never conscript soldiers. "If a country can't save itself through the volunteer service of its own free people, then I say: Let the damned thing go down the drain!" - Robert A. Heinlein 1961

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
That's only because people are not smart enough to learn that people work better when they aren't threatened. Armies should be hard to get into and easy to get out of, and never conscript soldiers. "If a country can't save itself through the volunteer service of its own free people, then I say: Let the damned thing go down the drain!" - Robert A. Heinlein 1961

Now we're talking.

Soldiers will do a fine job when they are given a good mission. When the mission goes against the grain of humanity, it kind of kills the soul. They call it PostTraumatic Stress Syndrome. We never heard of it until Vietnam, now we see it again. They will come back and struggle to bring life back into their soul. No one will understand and some will even stay in the military or go back into the military because it will be too difficult for them out here.

35yrs • M •
quote:
However, serving your country should be a proud thing. We the civilians need to ensure that it will be.

True, but personally, pride or no pride, I couldn't bring myself to kill for any reason. This is why many soldiers get PTSD becasue they have to kill people even though they don't want to. I'm sure the millitary knows this, but they don't care.

64yrs • M •
You see a soldier fights to protect his wife and children. Forget the oath and all that other good stuff. The truth is, we volunteer to protect our homeland. That should be the only reason to go to war. After Desert Storm, they tried to make this a law to prevent what has just happened, but it was thrown out. What we need to do is relocate the legislation and force our legislators to reconsider it.

You might not kill for any reason - you might be Amish or what ever. I and most other people respect that. But I'm a little bit more fexible than that.

I believe the bible when it says, "There is a time for war, and there is a time for peace." With a little bit of common sense, we should be able to know what time it is. The problem is those who believe that every problem requires a military soluton. They are dangerous and should never be the leader of any country.

Mind you - Bush never went to war, I here Rummi didn't either, nor did Chaney. It makes me angry when those who don't have a f**king clue are so willing to get us involved in a war. I will say, you go, I'll stay here and watch. But they will always have an excuse why they're not over there, yet their willing to send everyone else there. These people are sick.

63yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that the other side is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Are you kidding me!!! Do you all forget how many in Congress were FOR going to war??? Do you just FORGET how many innocent lives were taken on 9/11?????????? Should we just say "it's OK" and let the terrorists kill us all. Because, don't forget...you are an "infidel" too.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You assume too much about who the terrorists are.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
how many innocent lives were taken on 9/11??????????

I haven't forgotten - obviously mr bush has - because bin laden is still free - and he has yet to show up in iraq.

So why are we in Iraq?

http://www.ericblumrich.com/right.html

63yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that the other side is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why are we in Iraq??? Are you serious? There were innocent people being tortured there under the Saddam Hussain regime. They're lives are getting better now. You sound like we have given up finding Bin Laden. Last time I heard, there were soldiers still out looking for him. Oh ya, don't forget, he knows that area better then our troops, it's on his land, thank goodness, not ours!! I think he was able to hide just a little better than Saddam. One more thing...there is evidence that Iraq bought the makings for WMD. I personally am happy that we are looking for these, because they have to be somewhere...they just don't disappear. One last thing, don't forget the terrorists were being trained over in Iraq to kill you and me.

Quote:

Ya? I believe we were attacked on our "homeland"!!

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Ya? I believe we were attacked on our "homeland"!!
"

Not by Iraq.

People WERE being tortured in Iraq, maybe you missed it, we torture people, in Iraq and elsewhere, even transporting people to countries who openly allow it for just that purpose,

And contrary to what Fox would insinuate, its also been reported that most people picked up where not terrorists or even armed combatants.

No ones lives improve in a land actively engaged in war, that is absurd, increases in violence on all fronts as well as increasing in deaths from all kinds of ailments are reported, usually overseas or in local or non mainstream press all the time, like disease, food and water shortages and contamination, looting of food.

Just because Fox and the White say Iraq and Guantanamo are fine resorts doesn't mean its true.

So many are currently touting the new mantra, Thank god its not here, ya, fuck those guys, lets blow shit up there.

What the hell is that?

So we take a war to where there wasn't one and act like the fight was already there, that is the logic behind that statement.

Nor does it tell any Iraqis that we give a shit about them let alone about "liberating" them, on the contrary.

I hope you also learn the significance and degree of propaganda, like how it affects what you think you know.

I have an important question for you the other side...

Since 9/11 is so important to you maybe you happen to have a good answer, can you tell me why building #7 collapsed?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
Iraq did not attack us.

They are not better now. Now they are hungry and poor, many injured and dead AND they want us out of there.

Why are we there, for the oil, it's as simple as that. If we really cared about Democracy, we would declare war with Sadia Arabia (that by the way is where Bin Ladin comes from and his WEALTHY family resides - and I would guess he is there also living in a nice palace).

If we cared about human rights, we would be in Darfur.

Lies, Lies, Lies - and you support this. Why?

35yrs • M •
quote:
Why are we there, for the oil, it's as simple as that.

Very true, but i beleive that it is more than just oil. It seems to me that the US went to war with Iraq because Bush was trying to cover up the fact that he was screwing up his own country, so he started the war so that the american people wouldn't notice how their human rights were being taken away bit by bit. If we really cared about human rights, we would stop the PATRIOT act.

Why Do They Hate Us - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy