Life is like a tree, you never know if you are going to get any rain. - bob rulz
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Biracial Children

User Thread
 46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that kellyt23341 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Biracial Children
JUST CURIOUS ON ANYONES OPINION OF INTERRACIAL MARRIAGE AND BIRACIAL CHILDREN. SOME OF MY FAMILY THINK MY DAUGHTER WILL HAVE A HARD LIFE--OR TO NOT TELL HER SHE IS HALF BLACK. I'VE NEVER KEPT ANYTHING FROM HER NOR WILL I--SOME FAMILY DOSENT SPEAK TO ME TO THIS DAY.--ADVICE OR COMMENTS

"If paybacks a bitch and revenge is sweet--Im the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet"
[  Edited by unknown1 at   ]
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Bigots suck no matter what. They are wrong, they may be correct that a hardship will occur, but I know of no children that don't get harrassed in youth at some point, if they get popular then color doesn't matter anymore, depends one the general make up of the school as well.

Past that, malados (sp) and other mixed breeds are getting very popular in the entertainment world which is a showcase for good genetics, they are showing the obvious benefits of mixing the gene pools, both scientifically and at the gut attraction level.

There is no greater symbolism of two differing cultures and races coming together, and no better way to eventually make racism irrelevant.

But most racism is about jealousy, fear, and control but goes in all directions, these family members probably have no idea what strife they themselves cause when reacting in such ways.

People, even children, can get over stupid and mean things that people they don't know say, its when it comes from the people that they are supposed to trust, depend on, and love that it becomes detremental and permanently damaging, unless its countered by a reliable source love and security and an straight forward explanation as to who is right and wrong and why.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that kellyt23341 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The more i thought about it the more i realized it dosent matter what people think of my child--i love her regardless and will try my best to guide her through just being a kid and having fun instead of worrying about how she will be treated for what she is--i cant change someones feelings so its basically a no brainer.

"If paybacks a bitch and revenge is sweet--Im the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
aw...she's really pretty! Mixed children are beautiful. The only reason why racism exists because people just don't understand or want to understand. Where I'm at, theres still racism but it's not that bad, and usually when someone makes a racist comment or joke they'd get beat up for it.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 44yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that beatle919 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Your daughter is a beauty! It's unfortunate that in this day and age, that bigotry still exists. I'm saddened for your family members whose ignorance is blinding them. I've got to agree with leftwood (he's a wise one, isn't he?), ALL kids are harassed for some reason or another. Youth's can be cruel. In recalling my own childhood though, I cannot remember any of my classmates being picked on because of their race.. It was other petty issues.

My cousin has a mixed girl (1/4 thai, 1/4 black, 1/2 white). She's an absolutely beautiful little one. My grandparents (who come from such a different generation) were initially upset, but have embraced her with open arms. If only everyone could be so tollerant....

Rock on Kelly, it sounds like you have the right attitude. And by the way...the family members who won't talk to you--well, it's their loss.

""A woman is like a bag of tea. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -Eleanor Roosevelt"
 36yrs • F •
FineMixedMama is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
PLEEEASE, TAKE IT FROM ME AS A BIRACIAL FEMALE, I WOULDNT RATHER BE ANY OTHER RACE. IM NOT JUST SAYING THAT EITHER, THERES SOMETHING ABOUT BEING BOTH BLACK AND WHITE THAT JUST SEEMS KINDA...SPECIAL I GUESS?
WHEN MY MOM HAD ME, THE FAMILY WAS SUPPOSEDLY UPSET BECAUSE THEY ASSUMED THAT I WOULD HAVE PROBLEMS IN LIFE OR PEOPLE WOULDNT TREAT ME RIGHT BECAUSE I WAS MIXED, BUT TO TELL U THE TRUTH I THINK THEY WERE USING THAT EXCUSE TO COVER UP THE FACT THAT REALLY THEY WERE JUST KINDA A LIL BIT RACIST. AND THAT SOUNDS LIKE WHAT YOUR FAMILYS DOING...
IM PRETTY SURE EVERYONE WILL COME
ACROSS RACISM AT LEAST ONE TIME IN LIFE. BUT PLEASE, LET YOUR DAUGHTER KNOW EVERY PIECE OF HERSELF, SHE WILL APPRECIATE IT.
IT TOOK ME UNTILL ABOUT AGE 10 OR 11 TO REALLY EMBRACE WHAT I AM, REALIZE IT IS A BEAUTIFUL THING AND BE PROUD OF IT. I DONT KNOW HOW PEOPLE ARE WHERE U LIVE, BUT HERE IN CALIFORNIA, PEOPLE WHO ARE BIRACIAL ARE GENERALLY CONSIDERED EXOTIC-ISH...LOL SO I HEAR.
BUT THE FAMILY THING, REALLY YOUR ONLY OPTION IS TO SAY "OH WELL" THEY ARE THE ONES WHO ARENT ACCEPTING YOUR DAUGHTER...SOCIETY WILL THOUGH. ITS NOT THE 50's ANYMORE! YOUR DAUGHTER IS BEAUTIFUL, AND SO IS EVERYTHING SHE IS MADE OF, SHE WILL SEE THAT....I SWEAR!

"I never know what's enough until I've had too much."
 44yrs • F •
mcal213 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i think there is nothing wrong with interracial marriages/relationships in gerneral or ones that produce biracial children...i was raised not to see the color of a person, but their personality. also i am a white woman engaged to an indian man...you cannot not tell your daughter about not being half black, because it's a part of her...it would be unfair to be dishonest just because of ignorant people that can't accept the fact that people are interracialy dating/marrying, it is a growing trend...in fact in a couple of centuries, there will most likely be more "mixed" people than those of one race. and honestly, there are so many beautiful people out there that are biracial.

"why is everything so predominatly?"
 48yrs • F •
jwoodruff is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Your daughter is beautiful. She should know all of what she is. I have a 10 year old biracial son who is proud to be black and white. I live in California so it is a different experience for our family living here. Both sides of the family are supportive. Infact race is not an issue at all. My husband is black and my parents adore him. I also have a strong relationship with my in laws too. My son is very confident and does not have any issues. I am not trying to come off like I am bragging but I want to give you some hope and let you know that your daughter should be proud of both her racial backgrouds.

51yrs • F •
Andreab is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Your daughter is beautiful!!! I have a 8 1/2 mont old biracial son and people already say ignorant things about how confused he will be when he gets older etc. If your child is raised in a loving home and grows up with a good sense of self she will be fine. The only people that care about color are people that are afraid of change and are ignorant about different types of people. They will never change and you can't revolve your life around them.

49yrs • F •
lilly is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
your daughter is beautiful , those family member must have lost there mines, how can they dinied your beautifull little girl. they are just letting the devil mess up there head, you have nothing to be ashame of.they should be ashame for being so stupid,i have a mix child too and she is so pretty sometime i cant stop looking at her. i have people including white coming up to me and saying she is so georgeous, mine people steal her. i would not change her for NOTHING AND NO ONE.what is the big deal mix kid are so pretty, when my husband mother saw me she smile and said oh my grandchild is going to be beautifull. let no one make you are your daughter feei inferior , because your not. GOD LOVE YOU AND THATS ALL THAT COUNT ANY ONE ELSE CAN STAY THEY ARE JUST JEALOUS.by the way her hair is beautifull.

37yrs • M •
Elric is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
There is only one race. The human race. I condisder those who say otherwise to be rather foolish. I'm "white," my girlfriend is "black." Who the freak cares? grrr, not even a topic you really want to get me started on.

"Death means one had life, but did they live?"
 48yrs • F •
elaine7717 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I can't imagine why any one could resist any childs face let alone a biracial childs face. My child Anthony has the best of both worlds he has gorgeous hair and a skintone which varies from almond to walnut brown depending on how much sun he gets. My late husband and I were of course a black and white couple. When we moved to Virginia because he was stationed there in the Navy I worried about the negative southern opinions. But the more I lived there I found that I had very FEW negative responses from strangers. We always got comments on what a beautiful child he is. It also seems that my husband who was the black part of the equation seemed to be labeled " acting white" by afro american friends. I have always been a mutt: german, austrian, irish, dutch, a small amount of native american and now it seems my son is even more diverse. He is well adjusted and has friends both white and black. He is now 5 years old. My sweet child loves to dance and get this he loves german music. He also likes most music he is exposed to. Although I play Nat Cole in the car and he always goes to sleep lol.

50yrs • F •
Katryd is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Beautiful babies on here; just wanted to contribute a photo of my child, the love of my life, also biracial (actually multicultural as his father's side of the family has some Puerto Rican in it as well...); I have found the world a better place because our children are in it, and it is best for them to know exactly who they are and where they come from. I am white, and had a hard time convincing my family that was the right thing to do. I heard from so many people, "Raise him white...." and other incorrect advice.....your child needs and deserves to know all the good things about all sides of their family to develop a strong sense of identity. There will be a time when your daughter needs that black family, and it will be soon. Don't take it from her~find a way to make it work for your baby's sake! The world will remind you regularly~just as they remind me in case I should forget the fact that our kids aren't accepted as white!

"I am not my hair/skin/your expectations; I am the soul that lives within (India Arie); this applies to me, my child and our lives and I thank India for saying it loud and proud!:)"
 57yrs • M •
andy_spfx is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
My daughter is 1/2 Thai, people look at her as if she has 2 heads!!!!!! But no one has ever made a snide comment that we have heard and lots of people want to take a photo with her for some reason!!!!!

32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont have a chld but does a dutch, hawaiian,indian,and a ton of others count as biracial?

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
Biracial Children
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy