I don't buy everything I read/I haven't even read everything I've bought. - ExplodingGopher
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

voyeurism - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that people are naturally intrigued by violence and extreme events.
If you saw a homeless bum in a subway and he fell to the tracks as a train was coming, would you risk your life to help the stinky bum or watch like everyone else around you and think wow im going to get to see a person die today.
I know there are heros out there that would help but im willing to bet that most people would just watch in terror/excitement.
For alot of ordinary people you dont eften get to see a live person die infront of you.
Just like when I was younger there would be a tornado warning and it was coming towards our immediate area and my parents were scared to death and I remember I was frightened also but more than that I was EXCITED!.
So invigorating to know something beside our mechanical life style is actually happening around us.
I believe that people feed off this type of thing.
Violence Corruption Sex Antilaw etc.
Not that any of it is bad

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Zato - you said it:
quote:
So invigorating to know something beside our mechanical life style is actually happening around us.

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fin is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yep, everyone would like to think they are above it too. But the next time i see those flashing lights and a wrecked car you can bet i'll slow and look, not every time, but i will at least think about it..

"Everyone is anyone at anytime."
 42yrs • F •
Ladi Hekate is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
People want to see shit happen to other people. Most would probably even prefer to see wrecks and such things more often. This world is cruel, not just the human world either, animals eat their own babies to survive, snakes steal unborn babies all the time. The sooner you realize and okay yourself with this the better. Don't be one of those fake do-gooder's who thinks that it would be better if all we saw on the news was fucking student of the week awards, we all know that that is usually the part where I change the channel or get up for a drink, but when I hear, massive hostage situation at the college campus your damn right I am going to sit and pay attention.

"Eternally misunderstood."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wierd, isn't it. The other day (month ago) As I was coming home, I came upon an accident at a bend in the road a couple of blocks from the house.
The police nor emergency personal had yet to arrive so I stopped to see if I could help. It was good to see others had taken the time out of their busy lifes to stop to help if they could. One young man got out of the passenger side & passed out. A nurse had stopped as well & was giving directions to those who wanted to help but lacked the trainning.
Ya, sure makes ya feel those warm fuzzy feelings even if ya walk away with a little blood on your hands.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 48yrs • M •
sy nyt is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
jacker jones is on the money,

they manipulate us into fear. terror alert is in red!!we need more airport security!! they show us bombings and killings all over the world!!!they might use chemical attack or anthrax in your mail!!
you never know when theyll bomb the subway in your town, so support the war and end the terror now!!!!!!!!!!

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Nothing interests humans as much as tragedy
(quote from some yearbook)

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 72yrs • M •
Real cop story: A couple of kids break teir ankles when they tried jumping porche on {opening} draw bridge.
It works on TV

72yrs • M •
Well here we go again . . . TV program on Scientology groups secret compound with twin circle interlacing which can be only seen from the air! ! ! Is it for guiding UFOs to vault areas containing the collected works of L Ron Hubbard?
Ya, right and the highway department designed clover leave exchange as a guide to extraterrestrials as well.
This is news!

47yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tommybc98 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
{It is sad that people} find sex or physical pleasure more dangerous or destructive than violence

Hi again, leftwood!
Sad, indeed! I wonder what personally beneficial/detrimental psychology is involved in kids (or adults) as they act out violence in video games.

"Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time"
voyeurism - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy