Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
***SPOILERS***

i want to give a review for this movie, but i honestly dont know how. right now i am so out of energy just from watching it... it has no breaks in it to catch your breath. its much much more violent and graphic than the previous star wars movies. R2-D2 owns the first fifteen minutes and is frikkin hilarious... but then basically does nothing. the fights are WAY to short in my opinion and the movie is like 70% CGI. the two and a half hours flew by though, so that is probably a good thing. very depressing ending, but you know that going in to it. the final line with vader is so out of character for him i wanted to yell at the screen. the final scene with him however is dead on, plus it looks exactly like the old movies.

8/10

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Tell us a bit more Wyote... I had thought this opens next week? Yeah on the 19th - did you heist a copy or get into some advanced screening? I am reaaly looking forward to seeing how Darth Vader comes about as well as how things end up for count Doku , yoda etc. Your note on Darth Vaders last line also leaves me intruiged as well - it seems that there is always some detail that is hideously wrong in each of the last 4 movies.... but I guess we ask to much. I had speculated that this would be a weak story again but with heavy CGI- was the story good?

Well I guess I'll find out soon enough.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that boomstick is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
MAN!!! i didnt think it is going to be as good as you say it is... i was thinkin it was going to be crappy like the first 2 new ones... i was going to see it 1. becasue ive seen them all 2. CHEWBACCA

tell me some more about the movie

"shop smart shop s-mart"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya without spoiling it, I was wondering how much of a role the Wookies played, I played the new game which has awsome One on One saber fights and some cool scenes from the new movie, but not a wookie is ever seen, nor Padme.

It has an alternate ending, (game spoiler) Anakin kills Obi Wan in lava fight, then kills Palpatine and declares ownership of the galaxy.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
yea i played the game before seeing the movie too. it spoils the sequence of things and a few other key moments from the movie... nothing major though. Padme was left out because all of her scenes in the movie are pretty much crucial to the story.

the wookies were pretty disappointing in my opinion, there is a big scene with a bunch of them fighting... its all CGI i think. then a quick scene with chewbacca... thats pretty much it.

the overall story is great. everyones acting abilities are greatly improved, there are very very few cheesey lines in this movie. the comedic moments are actually comedic and not painful like before. i didnt buy in to the way all the jedi died, most of them didnt even go out with a fight. everything else is amazing. lots of creative little moments. nothing hugely insightful in this movie, all killer no filler here.

I R Me - i happend upon two tickets to a charity event screening. my dad and i went. i got some pictures with storm troopers, vader, R2 and others. if i can get the cam working and everything ill post them at some point hopefully.

oh and a final note to everyone - this movie does not suck at all. it is FAR better than episode one and two. episode one is basically unwatchable because of jar jar in my opinion. two is descent, the yoda-dooku fight is only a taste of what is to come in episode three. episode three really ties things in well. it is absolute nonstop action. some hardcore fans may squabble about a few things, but thats unavoidable i think.

-if anyone wants real specific spoilers you can PM me. i like to keep most of my reviews ambiguous.

[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 52yrs • M •
You are a lucky dog wyote - Did you also see the Star wars celebration? Wow that looked fun!
Your review sounds so promising... now I'm loking forward to it big time.... I may have to go out and get some advance tickets now.....

40yrs • M •
a poster and the front and back of my ticket.

I R Me - i dont think i am a big enough nerd to go to Celebration i felt out of place enough at the premiere when i met this guy who designed his own light saber.

40yrs • M •
this was in the paper today so i decided to stick it on my wall. you cant really see Vader on the left side, but i assure you hes there.

46yrs • M
Besides articles remarking on the political parallels in Sith and current world events, I've seen a review questioning some's preparedness for anti-Bush diatribe.

I was wondering if you had any input on Sith's political points in relation to current reality and speculation, as well as how this aspect may affect some people's enjoyment of the film.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
its a movie about war obviously. i think most of the parallels are coincidental to the times. to be honest i was to busy taking in all the special effects to pay close attention to any deeper meanings of the movie. a lot of it has faded in my mind now too... gonna try and make the midnight showing if i can

if people are offended in some way by this movie, well they are just looking to be offended.

this kid walking out of the theatre looked at his dad and said "that was the saddest thing i have ever seen" ... mainly the issue here is people not expecting such a rollercoaster, its far darker, far more emotional.... and far far more action packed than any other star wars movie, or any other movie for that matter. i was dizzy and drained coming out of the theatre, no joke.

400yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that poser exposer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"i hate cRap!"
 46yrs • M
UGN Forum Rules

1. Keep your posts on topic.
2. Try to contribute to the discussion at hand.
3. Respect and listen to the administrators.

40yrs • M •
i went to the midnight showing. they played it in three theatres and they were all full. after seeing it again i realize that the script is a whole lot better in this movie than in the first two... its even better than the old ones in my opinion. the humor and darkness are blended naturally and again its nonstop action. the end is a bit weak, but you can just go watch A New Hope to get satisfied

52yrs • M •
Holy Cow

saw the midnight screening as well last night- Man what an a mazing film. It was visually stunning again with some incredible scenes (do not show up late for this film) As wyote noted earlier it was pretty dark I was surprised for a PG film. The wookie scenes were dissapointing for sure - seemed like an afterthought addition.
The end was week indeed Darth vader looks cool but what a crappy transition to that form and yeah that last line was lowsy - reminds me of Calculon from Futurama...
but nothing was terribly annoying in the film. I liked it and I'll go see it at least once more in the theatre.

40yrs • M •
ROTS made 17 million dollars just with the midnight showing. that has to be some kind of record. cant wait to see the results of the weekend. if it beats The Matrix: Reloaded... well it will be bittersweet for me.

1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy