Only when the human race stops growing in numbers, and starts growing in character, will it have taken a true step toward genuine happiness. - Chained Wings
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

unfair senario

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
unfair senario
what if theres someone who odesnt currently belive in god or at least the one by the main realgion (christiantity i guess).. he may have sinned as theaverage man.. then he gets hit by a train tommorow and dies.. goes to hell (according to many people advocating christuanity)

So what if he didn't get hit by the train.. and lets say a few weeks or a few Years later.. he decided to turn to god.. goes to church every sunday.. confeces his sins (including not worshping god earlier).. and so he would (of gone) to heaven

isn't this unfair?.. he was killed in an athiestic point in his life so he went to hell.. but if he happend to live a bit longer to convert he wold of went to heaven..

thats why i have a hard time beilving so seriosusly in religion or what realigion (christianiy etc) says...

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 38yrs • M •
Bear46 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The point of Christianity that you are missing is predestination. In the case of the guy getting hit by the train, God knew he would get hit long before he was even born, this is predestination. This can be an easy concept to get confused on. I'm sure that it seems to conflict with the idea of free will, but it doesn't.

See you have the free will to make any decision you want to, right or wrong, predestination means that God knows what decisions you will make before you make them. See there is no way to get out of this because no matter what you choose, God already knew what you would choose.

The man that was hit couldn't possibly turn to God later because there was never a possibility of him living pass the point where he was hit by the train. Basically there is no what if.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i find that obscure.. i know good (to say the least) people whove died (young) and i cant think thta they were meant to.. thats just oo weird.. and what if they didnt go to chruh but believe in god.. but just didnt follow a specific christian bioble way of living (specific god).. i dont nkoae

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
actually you dont know anyone patape. its impossible to see what a person does during their entire life. a person may seem good, may act good, may do good things, yet have several dark secrets no one knows about.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
Bear46 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
There is no such thing as a "good" person. Everyone sins so everyone is bad. True, some sin more than others, but still even the most religious, devoted people sin.
It is kind of like this, if you walk up to any average person and punch them, what will happen? He will probably cuss at you, maybe throw a punch back, but that's about it. Now do the same to the president and what will happen? Secret Service will be all over you beating you. The punishment for the act is much more severe. You did the same act to both of them, but the punishment is much worse for one than the other. Now take God, when you do something against him it is multiplied by infinity. This is why everybody is considered evil. However, there is hope.

By looking at Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." What is a gift? Something you are just given or something you work for? I think you will agree that you don't work for a gift. Therefore going to church, giving to charity, not sinning ect., none of these get you into heaven, because each of these are something you must do. Rather it is through faith and by grace. So the only thing you have to do is accept the gift.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
agreed bear. no one deserves to be saved. to re-emphasise... say that two people commit a crime. they both deserve to go to jail. someone steps in and takes the place of one of them, but not the other, and the first goes to jail and the other goes free. does the one who goes to jail deserve to be free?

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
actually you dont know anyone patape. its impossible to see what a person does during their entire life. a person may seem good, may act good, may do good things, yet have several dark secrets no one knows about

Actually this is a subject of considerable teaching. What of those who came before Christ? What of the native living in some remote forest, not having heard of Christ & worshipping some pagan god (s)?
Jews had ritual sacrifice for forgiveness but John the baptist was not the first to give baptism of forgiveness so other forms of repentence existed.
Jesus was teaching when word came that his mother, brother & sister had come to see him. His responce was that those who do GOD's Will were his mother brother & sisters.
To live according to GOD's commandments is necessary to obtain acceptance. Can one not know GOD of the bible yet fulfill the commandments?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In the bible, it says:

"Indeed, as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead." (James 2:26)

So it's not enough to believe in god, you must act on your beliefs.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Most of the 'main stream' religions share one thing, the idea of redemption through their God. One of the things they leave out, is the fact that Nature requires a certain balance, resulting in the idea of Karma.

If a man steals an ox...

And he then realizes what he has done, returns the ox with profuse apologies, and gives restitution for the work that ox done to the satisfaction of the owner, this is a form of self-redemption.

If the ox is found by neighbors who then drive that man from town, and his last crust of bread is stolen while he is on the road, this is an example of Karmic retribution. A balance has been found. And if that man learned from his mistake and never stole again, that is a form of self-redemption.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
unfair senario

You opened a can of worms, there are so many of them, I dare not mention, because these things make me angry.

Knowledge will not save you. The lack of knowldege won't condemn you. To many get caught in this trap of believing that if you have the right beliefs, you're in. Thoughs who don't believe the right things are out. Nieghbor will kill nieghbor, father will disown son, wars have started because of this. This is really stupid. It must be our physical instincts that make us believe that if you have the right beliefs, your in.

Lets be logical. When we die, our body turns into dirt, our physical mind turns into dirt. So what is salvation if having the correct beliefs get you there?

You know that if your neighbor was to starve to death, you should feed him. How do we know this? We didn't learn it. If you do this, you're in, if you don't, then you're out.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that the great focy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh no. It's very fair. The bastard probably shouldn't have been standing in front of the train in the first place. I mean what the hell was he doing there anyway? I bet he was jerkin' off. That stupid bastard.

Also what can be so bad with Hell. I think I'd look good with a little sprite whiping me. It sounds like fun.

"I can't believe I ate the whole thing"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't believe in hell and though the gospels speak of it, I'm not sure it was meant as a real place.

People back then were different. They didn't have computers or TV and they didn't have the knowledge that we have, that is not to say they were less smart but had knowledge of things that we don't. I don't believe they took things literally like we do today.

This same question was posed to Jesus several times and his reply - The first shall be last and the last first and he gave several examples of it.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
unfair senario
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy