Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Divided in belief, but united in Love

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
biggem28 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
What if those of you who believe or believed in God, at a very young age, that our God was a God of only Love? Would the world be in the shape its in? If you were taught of such a God (of "only" love), you are among the very few.
When I was growing up I was taught to Fear my God. I was brought up Catholic, which is one of a majority of organized religion out there, that is fear based. Even as a kid, (crazy that it would start that young), I was told "Go say your Hail Mary's and your Our Fathers, and you will be forgiven." I don't know about you, (not sure if all of you can relate to this either) but forgiven for what!? I'm was a kid after all. I was afraid of God the moment that I was told who he was, and what he could do to me if I didn't obey him. I had to ask for forgiveness of my sins, even better... I had to mean it. I realized deep down even as a kid, that it never felt right. I used to try to tell my Mom this, but she didn't want to hear it. "Thats just the way God is" or "It is what God "wants" from us or "desires" of us, she used to exclaim with the conviction of a 'true' catholic. Deep down once again, I felt that same feeling, it doesn't feel right. I wondered why does God "want" anything from me"? Why would he "need" anything from me either?" In trying to understand 'Gods' need' more fully I probed deeper. Then I noticed that they started using that word "desire" instead of need. Honestly, thats under the blanket of "need" . God is God right? If he needed anything, couldn't he just get it himself? Anyway, I started realizing as I was getting older.... bible study, after bible study, and church after church, the biggest sin of all (in the eyes of the one and only apostolic church) You can imagine my parents at that time.... oh, no... their church is the "right" church, everyone else is "wrong". Don't a lot of churches feel this way? Theirs is the one and only "right" path to God". Anyway, around God and the religion thing my life just went in and out around my own desires to feel the truth. I would talk to God, and I would go through times in my life where I could feel him, and feel him at work in my life, there was just too much fear. Then, I read in this book once. You can learn about me in a book, but to "know" me you will have to open your heart. "I'm in your heart, not your mind", you'll never find me in your mind. You are a human being, not a human minding". I thought.. that was interesting.
If most of us were taught of a God that loves us no matter who we are and who we want to be, no matter what beliefs we have now, or grew up with, or even found out along the way. How could we ever" be wrong"? " right and wrong" are relative terms aren't they? What I think to be "right" you may think is wrong? Right? (this is getting fun now). There is no "right" way or "wrong" way of doing something there is only another way.
This is just my story guys.... we all have our story, or a story, as to who we have decided we truly are up until this very moment of our lives. For those of us who believe in God in any way, shape, or form...... I believe he gave us Free Will, and to me free will is just that . FREE. and as I have belived my whole life that God is Love and Love is God, then to me... Fear could have nothing to do with my God. Fear is the opposite of Love. And every emotion we choose under the very blanket of fear. You'll notice every action or reaction you or someone else chooses comes from only one of two emotions, that is either Love or Fear. I don't know about you, but I'd much rather come from love, I think alot more people would be happier with their lives if their choices were created around this awareness. Don't you?
As for the Catholic church... would Love ever say you cant come or you cant stay? Would Love ever say, you're not good enough? Or you need to believe in what I believe in.? If your sexuality isn't my sexuality?....... The way you CHOOSE to Love or choose to "be" is "wrong"? Love is never wrong. It's just another way of loving. Just another choice, another definition of who you REALLY are, and who may you choose to become.
Anyway, like I said I just wanted to share some of my story, ooops... if it was a little too long for some of you. I did want to leave you with what I have recently come across about what I believe is the truest definition of Love.... some of you may agree.

Love is without condition, without limitation, and without need.
Because it is without condition, it requires nothing in order to be expressed. It asks nothing in return. It withdraws nothing in retaliation.
Because it is without limitation, it places no limitation on another. It knows no ending, but goes on forever. It experiences no boundary or barrier.
Because it is without need, it seeks to take nothing not freely given. It seeks to hold nothing not wishing to be held. It seeks to give nothing not joyously welcomed.
It is Free. Love is that which is free, for freedom is the essence of what God is, and Love is God, expressed.

"WE ARE ALL ONE....there is no RIGHT or WRONG way.... just ANOTHER way."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^you're right.......I like you....we got something in common there homie..........simple as it is, yet so complicated to understand..... man has fallen badly.....grand canyon type drop...lmao hahahaha......and it's even funnier that the quickest way out is just to look at your surroundings and realize you're still on the same ground where you fell from..

"Being is not knowing!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i was essentially taught this. god is love. i grew up going to several different churches, and even branching out to other religions on several occassions. my parents gave me complete freedom and only tried to influence me in expressing the importance of believing in something... anything. as a result, i love all religions. mostly it is the people that cause trouble with them, not the actual religion itself. even if we were all taught the same thing, people always find a way to disagree or have an argument.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 32yrs • M •
hiroki takmisha is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Is anybody here shinto?

"Belive or lose all"
 64yrs • M •
Just-a-Fool is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Someone once told me they do not believe in God. I asked them if they love someone. They answered yes. If God is LOVE then you do believe in God I said. She kissed me then we began to experience God together.

Peace

"Even with all its sham and drudgery your world can still be a beautiful one"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy