Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Fake? - Page 2

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vic_Silver is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is there any difference between what we're calling fake and the barriers we have?

"Somethings out there.. Oh wait thats me"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok but would you tell you'r grandma how hot some girl on tv was? as if you'r grandma were your brother

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i speak very openly with my grandparents. its gotten me in trouble a few times. other times i simply get baffled looks. i know when to keep my mouth shut though, thats not being fake thats being respectful.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 43yrs • M •
That must be why I'm always shutmouthed.

37yrs • M •
haha ok but you do have different personalities in different situations.. you have to cuz people are different..

just for example when you go on a date with a new girl you act a certain way (you probably flirt a little).. now i hope you dont act that same way around your best (guy) friend..

this is all that i am saying about different personalities.. it doesn't mean you are fake........

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
depending on the situation, people do change. as long as that change does not involve some sort of conformity or sacrifice in morals/beliefs then i dont think they are being fake. its when you adapt to the situation in order to make yourself seem a certain way that you are being fake. trouble is, people adapt this way without even realizing they are doing it. im as guilty as anyone else, but i try my damndest.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
yes i see what you'r saying this is why it's hard to tell when a person "is for real".. im not saying that people don't act fake cuz they do and im not saying it is right..

but truth will come with time.. who knows maybe they will eventually become what they've been faking.. either way it turns to truth

43yrs • M •
Become what they're faking, oh thats a good one. I should start molding people.

I see what you saying thou. We can adapt other ways of thinking or being without fooling ourselves. Simply an exploration of self really and as long as your not lying to yourself about it its seems like a healthy thing. If I was to dye my hair blue others might think I was trying to show or prove something. In the words of one of the great thinkers on here "fuck them".

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont think there is such a thing as "fake" action, as you put it. all situtations and circustances one encounters in life require, in one fashion or another, a responce. and the responce one gives is based upon what they want to achieve through that situation/circustance/encounter. and thats not fake thats as real as it gets.

"dont got one"
 37yrs • M •
good point wholly

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
how is it possible to "fake" "yourself" im sorry but this topic is really ignorant.. whats fake?hows it posiible to be fake?? whats you? the personalkity you show.. well its all inluenced way yo ot aused to etc... how is it even possible to be "fake".. your sayingyour really away from "you" but thn isnt that still you (assuming yo define you by persnolity behavioir what you express etc) your really not clearon what "fake" means and howits even possible...

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
even though this "fake" term is so stupid,.. it doesnt come from no where so if like to hear how the distinction is made (other tan ansewering "when your not being yourself" you gotta tink of a more inteligent answe than that.. and just realised wholly said what im saying sorta,.

40yrs • M •
igonre that st smiley face

46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I once read that the human soul is composed of thousands of little "I"s that churn about and battle to be at the forefront of one's psuedo-consciousness. Some of these "I"s have more in common with or are somehow connected with others to form large groups, although oftentimes these "I"s may be "attached" to more than one group. Moreover, these various groups may ally to form varying personalities that are brought forth by internal (thoughts and emotions) or external stimuli (sensations). For instance, let's say a person has decided to quit smoking and he or she has all sorts of motives and reasonings for quiting and the thought of smoking seems totally out of the question, but when the cravings start kicking in these certain little "I"s that want to smoke start working on the consciousness with all sorts of little validations as to why smoking isn't so bad and how silly it is not to smoke. "I"s that want to smoke start gathering together to overcome the "quit-smoking" "I"s until the idea of quiting seems no longer seems to be what that person wanted at all. And then they smoke. It's not until after they have smoked again that the "not-smoking" "I"s begin to return to generate feelings of guilt. In a sense we have a very weak will under these circumstances. Personalities may also pop up in different envornments and around different people. The only thing any of us can do is recognize them when they appear and watch for those instances when we alter our belief systems to conform to these sometimes contradictory personalities. In other words, study ourselves, what we believe in and why, and try to maintain these beliefs until new perspectives, facts and knowledge alter them, not circumstances. Oh, well, I guess where all a little fake in some sense or another, but we can create a "belief-system" or "center of gravity" that can underly all our personalities. All this is just a theory of psychology I once read long ago.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Kinda like how we change our clothes for different occasions, like you don't wear a wedding gown just to go out for lunch--we have different clothes for different occasions, but we're still the same person underneath.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
Fake? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy