A relationship that is not built on friendship, is like a mansion built upon sand. - l2 () l3
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Would You Tell?

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cujo0424 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Would You Tell?
Last night, while lying in bed, I thought of something. I've been looking through these threads of us (I guess you could say premature) philosophers attempting to uncover things such as the meaning of life, or the concept of reality and things like that.
But what if we did find out?
What if you found the meaning of life. Once you discovered what it was, everything that has ever happened to you all of a sudden made sense. There was no more mystery to life and you can now pretty much predict what's gonna be happing to from her on out.
But would you tell somebody else the meaning of life? Putting aside the fact that they probably wouldn't believe you for a while until they actually took it into consideration and found the meaning and connections in their lives to your discovery.
You would probably become rich on the brighter side of things, but then that would change the world. There would be no more philosophy sections in the book store, Woody Allen would stop making movies, and people would know life's greatest secret.
To me, life is a continuous journey to find out it's meaning. Now, if somebody were to come up to me right now, me being only fourteen with a majority of my life still ahead of me, I wouldn't appreciate it to much.
Aside from the fact that I enjoy philosophy, I wouldn't want to know the meaning of life because then there would no longer be any meaning. I don't want to know the future. I don't want to know death's plan or why I'm here. If somebody told me that I would grow up to be an author and publish three books out of four hundred that I'd written, I probably just wouldn't bother writing those other three hundred and ninety-seven books, but then the three that I published wouldn't be as good because I didn't have any practice with the previous ones.
I don't know if this is a very good way of wording what I mean to communicate, which is just the simple question at the top of this entry.
Would you tell?

""Scared is not the right word...I'm frightened of it..."---Love & Death"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if you knew the meaning of life, you wouldnt need anything period. your exsistence would become so vastly superior(for lack of a better word) to humans that describing it to them would be an impossability. they would be unable to comprehend it. it would be like trying to explain quantum physics to a rodent. futile, in an unimaginable number of ways.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Exactly! You would then not only be content with life, you would rise to something beyond, in other words, enlightnment

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I had this understanding theory, and that truth(all there is) cannot be limited to the acumen of the human mind.

I wouldnt share the meaning if i knew it. Even if i could somehow project in a way that wouldnt distort the truth. Even if i could just allow everyone to understand. I wouldnt want to get rich because i was already considerable "blessed' being give the truth. (Im sorry if i have lengthy ass posts guys...and im sorry if you just scam over the shit i say to get to the end. But hopefully some can respect it.)

I believe, from everything i've experienced and the unbias truths i've pulled from different areas of life, that "life cant be burdened with meaning." (im almost positive i've heard that somewhere..and if i knew who said it, i would give them credit. Let me know if you guys recognize it) Anyway. I think it would just allow more suffering and chaos. Its a good thing that you have to really work to find a so-called definition for life. Because if it was easy come, then everyone would know everything...apparently. People are ignorant by nature.

"Deaf, Dumb and blind, and born to follow" -Tool
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
something like that^..

enlightenment is not necessarily a good feeling. Once again, our big fat egos come into play. Its really only such a great feeling because we believe we're on top of creation. Truth can hurt, especially when its something you didnt expect or anticipate.

I dont think a truly enlightened man will only feel blessed. But also cursed.

Good question Cujo.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 40yrs • M •
Garagos is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think that the whole "meaning of life pursue" is more important than the meaning of life per se. i dont think its important to find it, but looking for it is the real deal. it must be really boring knowing everything...

PS:sorry about my english

""Never trust the northern winds, never turn your back on friends.\\\""
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cujo0424 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Interesting theory, sleepingwraith.

""Scared is not the right word...I'm frightened of it..."---Love & Death"
 36yrs • M •
bighead is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
if the meaning of life was explainable to you it doesnt mean you had acheived it and what if it was some thing that only through out a life time could be acheived then i bet you would had been plzed you were told. also it does not mean you would achieve it and because it is in relation to life existence and everything it is bound to be profound. also once it is comepleted you can live in security that your life has been forfilled and that all pleasures that are not directly related to the meaning can be assured that if not contradicting with the meaning is ok to do just for the sheir pleasure of it. personally life would be wonderfull everything i do i could be sure of it also it is obvious to see that many other people would be pleased to know the true meaning, just look at all the religions that people ahve been committed to to be sure that what they do is valid and right and sometimes to them wheather it is the true meaning of life is almost irrelivant aslong as they beleived it was.

"their is always a way to make it better"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
..what if death was the meaning.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 35yrs • M •

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that if I knew, I would tell, because as it was brought out earlier, just because you know it, doesn't automatically mean you have it. I'm sure that many would be grateful to know The Truth, because many people are flocking to religion to seek answers. Those who doesn't want to know, can just live their lives as per usual.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you knew what the meaning of life was then you would realize that you know nothing at all...and telling educated people that you know nothing at all will only bring you joy rather than anything else. Sorrow would first fill your heart because you would see that so many people are seeking to know what's already imbedded, then joy would overpower you in just letting people know what simplicity is and seeing their ignorant reaction.....hahahaha......besides if you knew everything then you can only evolve into something greater, life doesn't stop at knowing, it stops at the beginning of forgetting..........You already know all you need to know, and that's everything to you....don't you feel like a genius in your own mind?......everything else you need to know will come when you want it to.......we already know everything..... is life boring now that you realize you know everything you already know?........hahahahahahaha...

"Being is not knowing!"
 35yrs • M •

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
true....existing is knowing that you just are....not that you exist in any form or place.......Being!...

"Being is not knowing!"
 35yrs • M •

Would You Tell?
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy