Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The omniscient God a question?

User Thread
 45yrs • F •
xaniiu is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am sure there are posts like this already but I am new so here is mine....I God is all-knowing then why would he introduce factors into a human life that would bring upon they're "eternal damnation" ex:

A child is severely beaten for the first 12-15 years of its life and they go on to murder.

A child is sexually molested by a family member or a priest and go on to molest.

Now I am only talking of these factors being introduced to CHILDREN who are seen as innocents. So why?

Is the life of this one any less important than that of the one who had an abuse free childhood?

Those are just two ex. of many that could be brought up I would just like some honest OPINIONS on the matter.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes - you are right - this question does keep coming up. I don't know what omniscient means. I could look it up in the dictionary, but still, it might mean something different to you.

So I must first introduce you to the God I believe in, and that's very difficult. In my younger years I thought I had it all figured out. Now that I've gotten older, I've realized how foolish I have been and realized I don't have a clue (things have happened, and a dream that have led me to this conclusion) My explination is limited.

God is the creator. I believe God personaly, initially created the earth, however, I don't believe God personaly, initially created us. Another entity God created, created us personally. Other scriptures refer to this God as the false god. However - the true God is personally recreating us.

God is a loving God, God is a hating God, God is everything. I think Angel of Death explained in very well

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=35428-u-frmid=12

God does not make people do evil things, but God does allow it, and though it may be ugly, what springs forth from this ugliness is more beautiful. Why it is that way - only God knows.

I'm sure others will expound upon your question further, if not, I'll come back to it.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What You Are Refering To:

http://www.gnosis.org/gnintro.htm

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"God is the creator. I believe God personaly, initially created the earth, however, I don't believe God personaly, initially created us. Another entity God created, created us personally. Other scriptures refer to this God as the false god. However - the true God is personally recreating us."

^^^YESSSSSS..........THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!........YESSSSSSS...... creation is still going on....

"Being is not knowing!"
 45yrs • F •
xaniiu is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Thanx for your reply I read the poem and it is confusing. I understand the words that are written but actually understanding the whole thing is giving me trouble. I am just one of many searching for my way. Anyone elsse wanna give they're 2 cents...........be my guest.

53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Your question, if I read you correctly, is why does God allow evil. The simple answer is that if he didnt God would have to eliminate free will.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
fairy boy - yes, something like that. Most of the Gnostic scriptures have been destroyed, and the horrible persecution (unfortunately they did not endure). What is left behind, much of it is very difficult to understand. But I would say that my belief on this subject is close to that.

xaniiu - Xris is right, one might ask, why is free will so important that suffering should be allowed? and of course Someone else might say, well what about the Tsunami? That incident involved a free will yet untaped, unawares. We could stop the Iraq war tonight if MANY of us believed strong enough, but never the less - why does a child suffer and or even die? To that answer, one must look at nature, it is the reflection of the personality of God, and it's not always compassionate, the strong survive and the weak die. But when one thing dies another thing is born.

There is a scripture that explains why - I need to find it again so I can quote it, seeing this question comes up so often.
In Genesis it says that God repented of himself that he had made man. This other scripture digs a little deeper into that.

The father repented to her that he had made mankind, he was very distraught and wanted to destroy them for they would become evil, but she prevented him explaining that the seeds of truth would sprout heartily and you shall harvest a greater truth.
Thats about what it said, I can't remember it word for word, I should find it. I found this scripture fascinated as it connected with Jesus's often reference to the harvest, the reaper, the sower, etc.

Anyways - the point is - This freedom, though it allows us to do awfull things, and sometimes even in the name of God, we are growing, maturing, until someday, our us, full grown will be ready to be harvested, and leaving behind our physical shell.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^The truth has grown from the time that it was planted into a pretty aged tree right now...don't you think the harvest is sooner than you think??...... If I may throw a wrench into this, don't you think that the harvest is a personal harvest tho? but just en masse.... I mean each plant is his own, but when the reaper comes he takes all of the good ones....and what other way do you leave your physical shell other than death?...
Mind me, not taking your own life, but accepting loss when it comes.......I'm just saying when the light of Gods goodness touches this earth it's not going to be pretty I mean Gods aura is light...and to get light you need heat right?....that's the only way we're going to put on immortality, and that's by dying!.. when you die with the truth in your hearts it will be yours until you live again in an immortal body......... is my wrench worth anything?

"Being is not knowing!"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy