The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers. - Denis Diderot
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

sex age

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
maskara_tears is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
sex age
do you rekon there shud be a legal age for sex and what do u think it should be?

"Sluttyness being defined as the depiction that a male or female is sexually active and sleeps with mutiple partners and has little moral issue with the exploitation of sexual pleasure."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How we would we inforce it and what would be the sentence for such a crime.

Do we make it illegal for birds to sing and flowers to bloom? Some things come natural, and you can't make nature illegal.

I think we need to improve sex education. Because we are human animals capable of making decision. Making the right decision will depend upon how we are taught.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • F •
Laura11 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
well true but i think that there should be a sex age because people around the world is have over popurlation, the sex age should be like 14 or 15 and yes a higher education should happen

37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Distraction B is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no! thats a big definite. no. kids are curious,for the most part devious. If there is an age put with sex than it is almost guaranteed that 97% of kids would want to rebel against it therefore causing even more problems.

"you held my hem as I traveled blind listening to the whispering in my ear"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree, sex education is very important. I think that a person can have sex when they know for sure that they're ready and that they won't get hurt, then again, I believe in marriage before sex. It just seems right that way because sex is very special...well, thats what I think.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree, education is most important.

I was reading an article on a crime site and one story was about a 10 year old girl. She was in love with a guy and was ready for sex. She believes that one day they will get married. The guy was 23.

There is something very wrong with this guy. Maybe when he gets out of prison, she'll be mature enough to make such a decision.

There's a reason why consenting age exist.

64yrs • M •
It is against the law for an adult to have sex with a minor, and this ofcourse is right.

But I think the question is (for instance): Should it be against the law for a 15 yr old to have sex with a 15 yr old. While I don't recommend this activity it is almost impossible to prevent, to make it illigal would not prevent it but further complicate the problem. Do we send them both to jail, ofcourse not, but if it was a law, some idiot would try to do just that.

39yrs • F •
SheDiesTomorrow is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
sex isn't something you can give an age. it depends on the person everytime. Or if your horny.

"vegetarians taste better"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, determining whether someone is mature enough to vote is always going to be dependent on the person. Arguably some people are never mature enough to vote. But we have to set an age, 18 or 21 or whatever, for the sake of consistency.

Sex between minors, well I can't see the point of making it illegal. Teach the kid what a condom is dole out buckloads of them and there shouldn't be any pregnancy/STD problems.

I might be for making certain age differences illegal. Say, 5 year age difference is too much. By this a 17 year old can't have sex with a 22 year old or a 12 year old. Which looks reasonable to me.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
First of all, Laura do you really think that it's ok for our 14 and 15 year old children to be out there having sex?

Second of all, look at what kids do that is against the law now and have for the most part pretty tough punishments for. Smoking under 18 yrs of age (in the US), drinking under the age of 21 (again in the US), drugs. I say in the US on the first 2 examples because I don't know the age restrictions in other countries. The first time a 14, 15 even a 10 year old is told that they CANNOT have sex till they are say 18 years old that is EXACTLY what they are going to go out and do.

No, sex education, not only through the schools but also at home is the answer to stopping our young teans from having sex or at the very least protecting themselves and their partners when having sex. Something else that will help is to have more parents who actually care what their children are doing, where they are going, and who they are with. I'm not saying put a chain on the kid but know what they are up to, help them learn right from wrong. Unfortunately we don't have enough parents who care enough about their kids to be a bit strict with them but yet still let them be themselves!!!!

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 39yrs • F •
SheDiesTomorrow is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
honestly, ignorant people shouldn't do alot of things. You can't say a 15 year old shouln't have sex.. cuz your not them. You can't be ageist.. if the kid has a condom and knows how to use it.. i say have fun

"vegetarians taste better"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thats the problem with people today. sex has become a past time. "hey im bored, wanna fuck?" ...its absurd. but hey who am i to judge.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 64yrs • M •
I think parents are taking a bit of a beating here. It is not so easy to be a parent today as it was yesterday. The government who caused this to be should take more responsibility of educating our children. That ofcourse is a whole nother subject.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that starforsaken is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree with Wyote, it is nothing more than a pastime in most cases. I personally turn sex down quite often, because I don't believe in doing it just for the sake of doing it.

It's hard to judge at what age a person thinks it's ok to lose their virginity. I lost mine at age 15 to a 19 year old, and looking back I'm sure I was too young. However, at that time I thought I was more than ready... probably more quizzical than anything else.

"www.starforsaken.com"
 64yrs • M •
In our area (concerning sex education) its the government - parents don't much get involved.

This may not be the palce - but here it goes:

quote:
The Bush Way or The American Way

My mother always said that if you tell a child not to do something, that's exactly what they will do. My mom is very smart, she should be, she raised six kids. The Bush Administration is attempting to keep his support of the Christian religious fundamentalists, but should instead listen to my mother, if he really did care about children and their future. I think the fundamentalists should also listen to my mothers teaching as well. Since this abstinence program has been in place the rate of abortion has risen 14.6 percent. When I was in the Navy and a program was put in place, and it was deemed to be a failure, everyone got together, had a meeting and discussed alternatives; that's what those who teach our children should be doing; but their hands are being forced by politics and religion.

I fully support a moment of silence in our public schools so that those who may, can have an opportunity to practice their faith. Faith is important. This is one nation under God.

However, in the curriculum should be facts and figures not politics and religion. If we call ourselves American, we need to take a stand on this. Our children have a right to learn about birth control and the functions of their body without prejudice, sexism, or guilt. Based on a curriculum containing facts and figures not the beliefs and opinions of politics and religion, anything less would be unamerican. Americans aren't stupid and neither are their children, we can figure it out for ourselves, granted we are given the facts, that would be the American way.

This comes from my blog - I think I may have posted it somewhere here though.

sex age
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy