Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Iraq War - Page 2

User Thread
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
(Excellent video link, 24 min I think, that unfortunately is something likely written off as left wing propaganda)

Thats what people don't get, there are reasons why many of these people hate us, and why they weren't a threat. Namely, Utter Devastation.

On top of the sanctions, the bombings we did were reported to have destroyed vital factories like some famous powder milk plant which is one of the main reasons those kids died, they could and were manufacturing their necessities, untill we destroyed vital infrastructures including various sanitation and power sources. Like we always do. Like we did again.

The old Surgeon General Ramsey Clark is a great source of info on this, he's been loud for a long time, but I never hear of him in mainstream news, not significantly if so.

What a former U.S. Attorney General has to say about Iraq Sanctions:

http://www.freespeech.org/ramfiles/genocide.ram

Like Democracy now, check out this link
http://www.freespeech.org/ramfiles/genocide.ram

Looks like a video audio archive

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 46yrs • M
From the video with Ramsey Clark:

Dr. Al Muctharr (sp)
quote:

The total number, according not only to Iraqi figures but the United Nations organizations working in Iraq, the total number reached ONE-AND-A-HALF-MILLION victims.

THIS NUMBER IS 5 TIMES THE POPULATION OF KUWAIT.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I remember after Desert Storm I turned the news off, because they were so wrong about everything, but maybe I shouldn't have, maybe I wouldn't have missed that.

I did not know.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
dude122333 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
of cousre people are going to get hurt what do u exepict the united states is not god the shit hole a counrty we should not even care what happen over there im in a hurry got to go

"close the border"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
of cousre people are going to get hurt what do u exepict the united states is not god the shit hole a counrty we should not even care what happen over there im in a hurry got to go

United States is not God

Iraq is a shit hole country - bombs will do that to a country

we should not even care what happen over there - are you saying we shouldn't care.

When you have more time, come back

We are obviously expierencing a communication problem

46yrs • M
If innocent civilians don't matter there, then they don't matter here.

Iraqi's and Afghani's are not the only one's dying.

And one does not need to be god not to imprison and rape men, women, and children, either for information or just for "fun".

A reminder of "some" of the reported abuses.

6. (S) I find that the intentional abuse of detainees by military police personnel included the following acts:

a. (S) Punching, slapping, and kicking detainees; jumping on their naked feet;

b. (S) Videotaping and photographing naked male and female detainees;

c. (S) Forcibly arranging detainees in various sexually explicit positions for photographing;

d. (S) Forcing detainees to remove their clothing and keeping them naked for several days at a time;

e. (S) Forcing naked male detainees to wear women's underwear;

f. (S) Forcing groups of male detainees to masturbate themselves while being photographed and videotaped;

g. (S) Arranging naked male detainees in a pile and then jumping on them;

h. (S) Positioning a naked detainee on a MRE Box, with a sandbag on his head, and attaching wires to his fingers, toes, and penis to simulate electric torture;

i. (S) Writing 'I am a Rapest' (sic) on the leg of a detainee alleged to have forcibly raped a 15-year old fellow detainee, and then photographing him naked;

j. (S) Placing a dog chain or strap around a naked detainee's neck and having a female Soldier pose for a picture;

k. (S) A male MP guard having sex with a female detainee;

l. (S) Using military working dogs (without muzzles) to intimidate and frighten detainees, and in at least one case biting and severely injuring a detainee;

m. (S) Taking photographs of dead Iraqi detainees.

(ANNEXES 25 and 26)

7.(U) These findings are amply supported by written confessions provided by several of the suspects, written statements provided by detainees, and witness statements. In reaching my findings, I have carefully considered the pre-existing statements of the following witnesses and suspects (ANNEX 26):

a. (U) SPC Jeremy Sivits, 372nd MP Company - Suspect

b. (U) SPC Sabrina Harman, 372nd MP Company – Suspect

c. (U) SGT Javal S. Davis, 372nd MP Company - Suspect

c. (U) PFC Lynndie R. England, 372nd MP Company - Suspect

d. (U) Adel Nakhla, Civilian Translator, Titan Corp., Assigned to the 205th MI Brigade- Suspect

(Names deleted)

8. (U) In addition, several detainees also described the following acts of abuse, which under the circumstances, I find credible based on the clarity of their statements and supporting evidence provided by other witnesses (ANNEX 26):

a. (U) Breaking chemical lights and pouring the phosphoric liquid on detainees;

b. (U) Threatening detainees with a charged 9mm pistol;

c. (U) Pouring cold water on naked detainees;

d. (U) Beating detainees with a broom handle and a chair;

e. (U) Threatening male detainees with rape;

f. (U) Allowing a military police guard to stitch the wound of a detainee who was injured after being slammed against the wall in his cell;

g. (U) Sodomizing a detainee with a chemical light and perhaps a broom stick.

h. (U) Using military working dogs to frighten and intimidate detainees with threats of attack, and in one instance actually biting a detainee.

9. (U) I have carefully considered the statements provided by the following detainees, which under the circumstances I find credible based on the clarity of their statements and supporting evidence provided by other witnesses:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4894001/

64yrs • M •
Haliburton has contracts to constuct larger and more permanent facilities in Gitmo.

76yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kathaksung is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Bush needs insurgence

More death is needed to convince people that US has to stay in Mid-East as long as warmonger wish.

"Insurgent" bombs made in USA
Then there was this one.

On May 13, 2005, a 64 years old Iraqi farmer, Haj Haidar Abu Sijjad, took his tomato load in his pickup truck from Hilla to Baghdad, accompanied by Ali, his 11 years old grandson. They were stopped at an American check point and were asked to dismount. An American soldier climbed on the back of the pickup truck, followed by another a few minutes later, and thoroughly inspected the tomato filled plastic containers for about 10 minutes. Haj Haidar and his grandson were then allowed to proceed to Baghdad.

A minute later, his grandson told him that he saw one of the American soldiers putting a grey melon size object in the back among the tomato containers. The Haj immediately slammed on the brakes and stopped the car at the side of the road, at a relatively far distance from the check point. He found a time bomb with the clock ticking tucked among his tomatoes. He immediately recognized it, as he was an ex-army soldier. Panicking, he grabbed his grandson and ran away from the car. Then, realizing that the car was his only means of work, he went back, took the bomb and carried it in fear. He threw it in a deep ditch by the side of the road that was dug by Iraqi soldiers in preparation for the war, two years ago.

Upon returning from Baghdad, he found out that the bomb had indeed exploded, killing three sheep and injuring their shepherd in his head. He thanked God for giving him the courage to go back and remove the bomb, and for the luck in that the American soldiers did not notice his sudden stop at a distance and his getting rid of the bomb.

"They intended it to explode in Baghdad and claim that it is the work of the 'terrorists', or 'insurgents' or who call themselves the 'Resistance'.

I decided to expose them and asked your reporter to take me to Baghdad to tell you the story. They are to be exposed as they now want to sow strife in Iraq and taint the Resistance after failing to defeat it militarily. Do not forget to mention my name. I fear nobody but God, as I am a follower of Muqtada al-Sadir."

The background and admission of guilt for such satanic shenanigans was clearly outlined in Frank Morales' piece on globalresearch.ca: "The Provocateur State: Is the CIA Behind the Iraqi 'Insurgents' - and Global Terrorism," by Frank Morales <<http://globalresearch.ca/articles/MOR505A.html>> clearly demonstrates how Donald Rumsfeld said he was going to do exactly what these three sorry episodes show he actually did.

64yrs • M •
I can't say I don't believe it. Justice is mine saith the Lord, Mr. Bush will get his.

76yrs • M •
The Provocateur State:
Is the CIA Behind the Iraqi "Insurgents"--and Global Terrorism?

by Frank Morales
WORLD WAR 4 REPORT, May 10, 2005 <http://WW4Report.com>
www.globalresearch.ca <http://globalresearch.ca> 12 May 2005 The URL of this article is: <http://globalresearch.ca/articles/MOR505A.html>

According to a classified document prepared for Rumsfeld by his Defense Science Board, the new organization--the "Proactive, Preemptive Operations Group (P2OG)"--would actually carry out secret missions designed to provoke terrorist groups into committing violent acts. The P2OG, a 100-member, so-called "counter-terrorist" organization with a $100-million-a-year budget, would ostensibly target "terrorist leaders," but according to P2OG documents procured by Arkin, would in fact carry out missions designed to "stimulate reactions" among "terrorist groups"--which, according to the Defense Secretary's logic, would subsequently expose them to "counter-attack" by the good guys. In other words, the plan is to execute secret military operations (assassinations, sabotage, "deception" which would intentionally result in terrorist attacks on innocent people, including Americans--essentially, to "combat terrorism" by causing it!

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i cant say i neccessarily believe all of this, there does seem to be an incredible willingness on the side of the muslim extremists to commit these attacks. also large numbers of attacks occured before the iraq war, such as those in palestein. and lastly not even the most sadistic of governments would do anything they thought likely to cause something on the scale of 9/11. im not saying your suggesting they did, bu it goes to showt the hate of america and the west was there long before the iraq war.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 64yrs • M •
You know when that Care worker had her head cut off, strangly no one took credit for that, even before that occured Zarqawi said that if she was released to me I would let her free. This was just before the attack on faluja. I found an article that cliamed that a civilian cia military group was responsible for her death to promote the cause for the attack on faluja. I posted it on my blog and someone also posted it in The Democratic Underground.

Of course its not possible to know whether or not such a thing is true or not. But one thing you can count on is Al qada will always take credit for anything they do, so when they don't, it makes you wonder. Based on that, I decided it may be true and posted it on my blog.

I worked for a guy who was an officer in the special forces during Nam. He claimed that the military dealt in the drug trade inorder to help pay for the war. He was involved in it he claimed.

when they can fix the election and lie to congress, they can do just about anything, believing they are gods above the law.

76yrs • M •
quote:
. also large numbers of attacks occured before the iraq war, such as those in palestein.

Yes, there were. But it makes sense. Palestinain view Isralis as their enemy. They sacrifice themselves as suicide bombers. But, whom is enemy of Iraqi? US? Israle? Or their fellow people?

The continued death toll of US soldiers in Iraq give people one signal that the war in Iraq is not accomplished. US troops have to stay until the condition is under control. Who benefit from it? One thing is for sure, Israel has its proxy to fight and die for them. To make people believe that war is not over, certain sacrifice is needed.

--------------
The first hint came in Imad Khadduri's "A warning to car drivers" written in Arabic and posted on www.albasrah.net <http://www.albasrah.net> on May 11. The dispatch was quickly picked up by two of the most realistic and reliable news sites on the Web, www.uruknet.info, <http://www.uruknet.info,> which I try to read every day, and www.globalresearch.ca, <http://www.globalresearch.ca,> which I try to read every week, since it offers less breaking and more analytical news. I consider these two sites essential to keeping up with the real news of the world, and highly recommend that you monitor them, too.

Khadduri recounted a scam that opens up a clear window to seeing who is perpetrating all this inexplicable violence in Iraq. Beyond the American attempt to pacify an outraged and abused nation through demonic destruction, and beyond the Iraqi attempt to resist this totalitarian takeover by a foreign conqueror, there are more than numerous acts of violence that simply can't be understood by straightforward explanations.

I mean, when a mosque blows up and Americans blame Islamic terrorists, whether Sunni or Shiite, it makes no sense. Muslims never blow up their own houses of worship. Or when reporters sympathetic to either the Iraqi cause of freedom, or even just general principles of international justice, are suddenly assassinated and the blame is placed on often imaginary Islamic extremists whose perspective is supported by these writers, how can anyone believe that Muslims did it, even thought this is what the Zionist American press and government continue to insist.

So who's doing all these demented deeds? As if we didn't know ....

Khadduri's report went like this:

'A few days ago, an American manned check point confiscated the driver license of a driver and told him to report to an American military camp near Baghdad airport for interrogation and in order to retrieve his license. The next day, the driver did visit the camp and he was allowed in the camp with his car. He was admitted to a room for an interrogation that lasted half an hour. At the end of the session, the American interrogator told him: 'OK, there is nothing against you, but you do know that Iraq is now sovereign and is in charge of its own affairs. Hence, we have forwarded your papers and license to al-Kadhimia police station for processing. Therefore, go there with this clearance to reclaim your license. At the police station, ask for Lt. Hussain Mohammed, who is waiting for you now. Go there now quickly, before he leaves his shift work'.

The driver did leave in a hurry, but was soon alarmed with a feeling that his car was driving as if carrying a heavy load, and he also became suspicious of a low flying helicopter that kept hovering overhead, as if trailing him. He stopped the car and inspected it carefully. He found nearly 100 kilograms of explosives hidden in the back seat and along the two back doors.

The only feasible explanation for this incident is that the car was indeed booby trapped by the Americans and intended for the al-Khadimiya Shiite district of Baghdad. The helicopter was monitoring his movement and witnessing the anticipated 'hideous attack by foreign elements'.

The same scenario was repeated in Mosul, in the north of Iraq. A car was confiscated along with the driver's license. He did follow up on the matter and finally reclaimed his car but was told to go to a police station to reclaim his license. Fortunately for him, the car broke down on the way to the police station. The inspecting car mechanic discovered that the spare tire was fully laden with explosives."

If this were the only example of this type I heard, I might have let it pass as just a story. But it wasn't.

There was also the sorry tale of the Iraqi man who saw American soldiers plant a bomb which shortly thereafter exploded, and when he said so out loud for all to hear, he was hauled away, never to be seen again.

This story was reported on arguably the most authentic and riveting source of news from Iraq, the heart-rending "Baghdad Burning: Girl Blog from Iraq," which is compiled by someone known only as Riverbend or Iraqi Girl <<http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/>>. Again, recommended reading.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/3235815

76yrs • M •
If this group hadn't been revealed by Palestinian security force, then all they did would be "terrorist attack". Do you think that's the only one group recruited by Mossad?

Palestinians arrest al-Qaeda 'poseurs'
December 8 2002

Palestinian security forces have arrested a group of Palestinians for collaborating with Israel and posing as operatives of Osama bin Laden's al-Qaeda terrorist network, a senior official said yesterday.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/palestinians_arrest_al_qaeda_poseurs.htm

64yrs • M •
I checked out your sources and now have two more Iraqi blog links.

This is not exactly like Vietnam, this is a little worse, control of oil is at stake, money is behind this. Mammon has no morals.

You seem to be very well on top of things - Do you know what happened to Iraq.net.

The Iraq War - Page 2
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy