Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

War - What The Hell Is It Good For - Page 4

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
OMG you are such a fool - the bin Laden family has been close to every administration for 2 decades and was close to Clinton as well. You have most likely been in shopping malls owned by the bin Laden family and purchased products that profited the bin Laden family. WTF is your point?

The Bin Laden Family and the Bush Family have close ties - and yes they have close ties within the government as well and everything else. They have lots of money.

I didn't make a point or ask a question or even made a statement. Oviously you can connect the dots and it insults you.

If I was Mr. Bush I woul try to prevent such theories from even developing, but then, he won't be up for reelection again, so why bother. Bin Laden goes free, and you know it. He won't be captured while Mr. Bush is president. Why would I be happy about this, and why does that make me a liberal?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Again - back to my original point - so what? Are you saying that the father must pay for his child's sins? That really is the connection you are trying to make now isnt it.....?

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well that the Bushes have a history of cooperating with Islamic fundamentalists may be disturbing for some. The fact that the Bushes continue to strongly support some of biggest funders of Islamic fundamentalism and wahabi doctrine, the Saudis, might also be disturbing to some people.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
And before the repeated point of that not mattering because we always have, well, first I doubt that anyone in America's governmental history has quite the ties that the Bush's specifically do, personal and personal business ties.

And second, before we had not openly declared that we would not put up with any terrorists nor the country's that harbour or aid them.

This is the difference, the Bush's personal ties are the difference, this is beyond hypocritical and the rest of the world knows it.

But we too have funded and trained terrorists so that Saudi tie isn't even needed for our hypocricy.

See, the difference between the average freedom fighter and terrorist are American and European interests. Depending on what day of the week and what resource or political nugget is at stake.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Indeed, the right-wing Contras who fought in Nicaragua were no more and no less than terrorists/insurgents. They were explicitly made to attack 'soft targets'.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 46yrs • M
Not to mention, the Taliban, Al-Qaeda, Osama and Saddam, various countries Intelligence agencies including Pakistan's ISI, Iran's Savak etc etc.

Who have all been guilty of some pretty nasty stuff, but nothing worse than ourselves.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Israel provided arms to Hamas to attempt to undermine the PLO by causing internal dispute. So whether Hamas was, like the Taliban, at some point in history an "ally" to the US/Israel is an interesting question.

Who dropped the first and only nukes on another country!
That is all.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Are you saying that the father must pay for his child's sins? That really is the connection you are trying to make now isnt it.....?

Bin Laden will not be caught while Mr. Bush is in office that's what I said. You don't disagree so you must know I'm right. What that means, you go figure.

America's military was originally created to defend the homeland. While world one was a noble cause, past that point, I do believe we are guilty of some crimes. I only know the details of Vietnam. I know enough about Vietnam to know that we are capable of some bad sh*t. After Desert Storm, I recall that a bill was submitted to forever change that, to prevent our troops from becoming mercenaries of other countries and other countries causes, tregretably, it was thrown out. I believe Collin Powell tried to push that thru.

53yrs • M •
I have no idea if Osama will be caught - I actually think the likelihood is good. But this idea that Bush is protecting Osama is insane - defies reason - and reveals some instability in the minds that share such group-think.

You still didnt answer the question though. Again!

----

DT - actually you are quite wrong about W and the Saudis. Bush is the first president since FDR to infuriate the Saudis. They threatened to end diplomatic relations in the days proceeding 9/11 - however they quickly changed their tune after 9/11 revealed that it was their own citizens that had attacked us. Bush's admin has done more to hold the Saudis to a higher standard than any other and they despise him for it.

'There's a letter from Crown Prince Abdullah to President George W. Bush, apparently in August of this year, which was revealed the other day in Saudi Arabia, in which the Crown Prince says, "A time comes when peoples and nations part. We are at a crossroads. And it's time for the United States and Saudi Arabia to look for their separate interests." It doesn't sound like a very solid ally.'

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/saudi/

I recommend you check out the whole site - very interesting and completely contradicts all this conspiratorial crap. Of course leftwood wont believe it even though its the liberal PBS. lol

You are also wrong about the Contras - they were freedom fighters who defeated a Soviet puppet regime.

64yrs • M •
quote:
Who dropped the first and only nukes on another country!
That is all.

Good point - when I was a kid, they used to show the movie in school so that we could see how awfull that was. You can see shadows in the concrete where people used to be.

They don't show that movie any more or any thing like it.

To build upon your point. We don't believe anyone else should have this bomb, that would be a threat to us, while we believe we should have more of them.

64yrs • M •
quote:
You still didnt answer the question though. Again!

Am I on trial? Maybe you didn't like my answer. But please ask again, I'll give it another shot

53yrs • M •
"To build upon your point. We don't believe anyone else should have this bomb, that would be a threat to us, while we believe we should have more of them."

And your point is? Of course thats what we believe - who do you want to give it to? Iran? Libya?

And lets not forget how many lives we saved in WWII by dropping those bombs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My question was are you actually making the argument that a father must pay for the sins of his son? No you are not on trial but you could at least attempt to answer a question once in a while.

46yrs • M
"You are also wrong about the Contras - they were freedom fighters who defeated a Soviet puppet regime."

They were a group led by CIA who terrorized civilians to accomplish their task, amid more drug smuggling and gun running on our part.

No one said they weren't freedom fighters fighting for a cause, just like any terrorist today when viewed by a sympathizer.

Its about what they do, not just what they want to accomplish.

64yrs • M •
quote:
"To build upon your point. We don't believe anyone else should have this bomb, that would be a threat to us, while we believe we should have more of them."

And your point is? Of course thats what we believe - who do you want to give it to? Iran? Libya?

And lets not forget how many lives we saved in WWII by dropping those bombs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's hypocracy Xris - you know, that word you keep calling me. But I guess if you do it with integrety, that makes it ok.

I answered that question, but if you can't find it, I'll be happy to cut and paste and answer it again. I know that you have a difficult time seeing things.

quote:
quote: Are you saying that the father must pay for his child's sins? That really is the connection you are trying to make now isnt it.....?

(my reply)
Bin Laden will not be caught while Mr. Bush is in office that's what I said. You don't disagree so you must know I'm right. What that means, you go figure.

53yrs • M •
"That's hypocracy (sic)"

No it would only be hypocritical if I believed all nations were equal or if I believed other nations morally superior to the US -which of course I do not. Are you really saying you do not understand the definition of hypocrisy?

"I answered that question, but if you can't find it, I'll be happy to cut and paste and answer it again. I know that you have a difficult time seeing things."

Gomer - htf do you think that answers my question? TRY AGAIN!

War - What The Hell Is It Good For - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy