Sometimes I simply feel that the whole world is a cigarette and I'm the only ashtray. - PhoebeKnowsAll
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

War - What The Hell Is It Good For - Page 11

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What the people voted for, they did not get. You'll have to click on the link and read the whole article. It's a large article, I didn't think it proper to put the whole thing here.

Democracy takes time, and you can't never stop fighting, as I am learning, because there will always be someone like Mr. Bush who will try to take it away from you.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 64yrs • M •

77yrs • M •
jcrespin1947 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Right on! We'll be very lucky if we establish a stable democracy in Iraq. This is not Eastern Europe. Saddam keep the lid on tribalism and ethnic and religious conflict through sheer brutal terror. Instead of imposing our arrogant and capitalist serving vision on Iraq and the Middle East, we ought to let the Iraqis sort it out for themselves. Hopefully, at a conference table while the UN keeps the peace. If the result is an Islamic state at the head of the Persian Gulf, all I can say is that I didn't vote for Bush!

And have you noticed that people that hate us (Chavez, the new guy in Bolivia, etc,) are becoming more outspoken. Thank you W for your diplomacy!

64yrs • M •
I didn't vote for Bush - sad thing is, I don't believe most people did. We have been tricked by Diebold and others to include a bought media and we're too comfortable in our living rooms to be outraged as we should be.

But you have some good ideas there, but for sure the best thing we can do now is Impeach Bush, he is a magnet for extreme Islamists who believe it is Gods will that all the Jewish and American infidels die and they recieve their support from a people who see Bush and Washington as an evil empire. He is an evil empire, we NEED to impeach him. If you haven't signed the petition for Censure, the first step in the impeacment process, then go to http://johnconyers.com

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ancient is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Whats wrong with Bush, he's my favorite comedian.

"Dark and silent and complete."
 64yrs • M •
Good comedian
Bad president

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that lastresort is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
war is good, if there was more war, there would be no war.

64yrs • M •
quote:
war is good, if there was more war, there would be no war.

You're absolutely right, eventually everybody could be dead and nobody left to fight - just takes a couple of those big bombs is all.

35yrs • M •
thats just you being cynical... with war comes a transfer of territory... adventually there will be enough war that the earth is all one territory... that's what we need.

64yrs • M •
Well this is captain cynic.

What good is territory when its radioctive and poisoned. You need to reread your history books.

Will we own Iraq, did we obtain Vietnam, Korea, Japan, Germany?

Did the cold war earn us any possesions in Russia?

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
that's what we need.

Perhaps, but war is not how we need to get it.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 71yrs • M •
MattBeckwith is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
quote:
But I have no confidence in Bush, Chaney or Rumsfield, or even now Rice and whoever else is involved. Their only concern is securing the oil and everything else is a smoke screen. And if anybody believes that we went there for anyother reason than oil, they need to look around a bit a pay a little more attention to other people other than Fox News to find the real scoop.

And they don't want the oil for the American people, they want it for the oil companies, because otherwise why would the price of gasoline be so high?

In the 60's we talked about the "military-industrial complex", but nobody does anymore. In fact, it still is a big factor in the world today, but it's the "military-industrial-political" complex. The politicians want to stay in power, so they please big business and the military. Big business and the military wanted the war, so we got the war.

"Niceness over intelligence any day"
 35yrs • M •
bahahahahahahaha.... history books?
those things are retarded and so is history...

64yrs • M •
Matt - Its a bought media. People don't believe it if the media doesn't report it and the media doesn't cover it so people aren't outraged like they should be.

Our taxes and debt to china is making a very small group of people in America very rich using up the surplus and plunging us into debt.

China is now reconsidering its future purchases of the dollar - that means prices are going to go up and then we'll begin to see the real effect of this, but if we don't our children will and especially our childrens children.

That's just one part of the picture. Global warming ignored because the rich will survive the poor will just die so who cares.

It will be painful for those who believed in their government and are forced to face the truth. Their government served a small group of rich people and they weren't included but instead used like the rest of us tax paying citizens.

The blood that was spilt - souls of the dead cry out for justice of the living.

I don't want to believe that the Oklahoma City Bombing was a prelude to 9/11 to scare the American people into submission. God if this is true, I hope there is a hell these people can go to.

War - What The Hell Is It Good For - Page 11
  3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy