Holding onto anger is like grasping onto a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else. You are the one who gets burned. - unknown
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Fat girl, tight clothes. - Page 3

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, if you work out in them and it feels comfortable, then go for it. But the kind of shirts I'm talking about is just like street wear. I don't know how else to describe it. Do you know this company called Randy River? They have pretty cool stuff there (not that I'm trying to promote it or n e thing). They have shirts that have funny images on it and things like that, but it's just a t-shirt. I think polo shirts are cute. Like the ones that button up at the front, and you can wear a t-shirt underneath it and just button some up. You can even wear those stretchy shirts you seem to love, and it's actually look pretty good.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JimmyK is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey good point! Im gonna try that out

37yrs • F •
haleyj01 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i dont have a problem with overwieght ppl. i used to be a big girl growin up and i know what it is like. i never realized how big i actually was till after i lost wight and looked back at pictures though so i was probably one of those ppl tryin to fit in non fitting close. its hard though and i know i dont like the sight of big girls in tight close either. i find it disgusting in some ways but they have confidence and dont care so i totally respect them for that at least. if u got it flaunt it and in todays society we shouldnt focus too much on what we look like or care what ppl think cuz thats the least of our problems.

"theres ppl who know and ppl who think they know"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
agree'd haley, but the problem is, they DONT have it, which means they DONT need to flaunt it. Im guessing it does take some "balls" (or just plain stupidity) to wear the kind of clothes they do though. Im not trying to condone anyone, or or say thaty everyone should be skinny, I have no problems with overweight people. I have a problem with the ones that wear clothes that are 20 billion sizes to small. Well I guess its not that I have a problem with them, I just find it disgusting.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes...theres some things that are better to keep to yourself...theres this guy though that was sitting down on a chair in front of me, and his whole crack was showing--hiding nothing at all. I can't see how they don't notice that sort of thing. Can't you probably feel a breeze or something? And that goes for the same with girls too. You can look at it this way, either bigger girls wearing clothes too small are either confident about themselves or just ignorant.

400yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that poser exposer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
It isn't like I have anything against larger people, it's just that when I see a size 24 chick sucking in and squeezing into a size 8 dress, you gotta draw the line. I mean, I just can't comprehend how they can NOT understand that cellulite bulging out of the tiny mini skirt isn't exactly flattering. Then there are those girls who magically "fit" into the teeniest low-rider pants with the seams desperatly clinging together, as you watch the thin thread getting smaller and smaller...man, I do give full credit for pulling off a Houdini and getting out of that one. Maybe some get turned on with cellulite, if so, they are a very small minority. So please, I really don't have anything against the larger people, but by covering up appropriatly would be a small step in making the world a more bearable place to live in.

right on girl. you rock.

"i hate cRap!"
[  Edited by poser exposer at   ]
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok...im a chubby girl myself....i understand that bigger women want to look and feel sexy,how ever....this does not mean squeezing yourself into something that doesnt fit you....if you a 16 wear a 16 if your a 22 wear a 22!! i know bigger chicks who are totally hot. they dress to acomidate their body type...i personaly dont wear clothes that are too small for me,i wear clothes that fit,and i usually look ok....there are a lot of men who find me attractive and sexy,even men who usually go for skinny chicks...theres nothing wrong with being curvy or vevn big....but women have to accept their bodies and learn to dresss for their size.....and if your really not happy with the way you look you can always change it

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The "complaint" itself is a rather shallow one; although many posters, fledgling philoshopers or not, are inherently shallow (as I believe every individual in the human race is attracted ((or not attracted)) to certain things, regardless of what their beliefs are), I see the complaint toward women wearing clothes too small for them to be a moot question.

Being a male, I can say that if I am looking at women physically, I am either attracted to them or I am not. If a woman feels sexy wearing something that doesn't fit her, then all the power to her. I am sure there are many males out there who would go for this look- the fact that I do not, personally, doesn't really matter.

If a woman is found to be ugly for wearing clothes that do not fit her, then it is just as wrong for the person finding her ugly as it is for the woman wearing the clothes, in that if a man would find a skinnier woman attractive wearing the same thing, he sets a double standard. Let's keep in mind that there are many people out there with no control over their metabolism, and unless you're a fan of making fun of things that people can't change about themselves (Ever bash Lance Armstrong for nearly dying to cancer? Ever hate a guy in a wheelchair for taking up too much space? I certainly hope not...), making fun of people for being fat, or making themselves look "fatter" than they really are, is just an argument that will never quite sway my concurrence.

I say let them wear whatever makes them feel good about themselves. Until I'm built like Adonis and have every woman on this earth craving for me and me alone, I really have no reason to talk. Strangely, I feel I can say the same about the rest of you.

(For those of you who thought this post was typed with a bias, keep in mind that I'm your run-of-the-mill build for an 18 year old guy at 5'11" and 180 pounds.)

"He who refuses to seek will never learn"
 35yrs • F •
I absolutly agree with you rancidkitty. I know some larger women who are very beautiful, and I know some who are not. I know some smaller people who are beautiful, I know some who are not.

The Truth, maybe this complaint is shallow, but it's obviously something to think about. And I know that sometimes it's not their fault they are larger, and I don't view being heavier as a fault. But the direction I'm trying to go with this is they way people who have very bad body odour are viewed also. I mean, I know it could also be a medical condidtion, but it could also be that they're ignorant to it--maybe they're proud of how they smell, but I don't think that it should be viewed as great confidence. All it really takes is regular bathing and deodorant. Just how it would be a courtesy if larger people dressed accordingly, and of course "smaller" people should also.

37yrs • M •
The difference between people with bad body odor and those who are overweight is that one can change his problem while another can not. Some people naturally just don't smell as well as others, but I doubt there isn't a deodorant in this world that can't do something about that. Not bathing regularly is often a sign of laziness, if not poverty (one should be treated as faulty, and the other should not), and I have no problem with you picking on the lazy. At least the lazy have a choice. But people who are overweight? I'm sorry, but I don't think you and I can tell, just by looking at someone, if it is the fault of her metabolism or the fault of her poor eating habits that turned her into the person she is.

And shallow arguments should never be taken seriously, so giving me something "to think about" is pointless- at least in my opinion. I didn't come to this forum so I could see the same complaints I see in high school, from people of a much lower intellect than what I have seen from most of the posters at this forum thus far. I hope it doesn't turn into a gossip forum any time soon, either, because I was just feeling right at home. As you can imply, materialistic things in life are just not my thing at all.

Also, as a final point, I urge you to reconsider your opinion of how fat people "should dress". There has been a debate among many conservative people in this society, and many liberals, as to what young women (just using that demographic as an example) in America "should be" wearing, and that argument has nothing to do with how attractive a lady looks when she's wearing whatever it is that she's wearing.

I could argue that young women should be confined to uniforms, and as cruel as that sounds, it would be alot more fair for everyone than for the cruel standard you're attempting to set, in that only good-looking women can wear good-looking clothes.

Keep in mind that not everyone is beautiful on the exterior. But limiting the way they express themselves by insulting their clothes, in addition to their weight? That's unfair, in my opinion.

35yrs • F •
My intentions we not to bash 'fat' people, but if thats the way you intrepret it, then so be it.

quote:
The difference between people with bad body odor and those who are overweight is that one can change his problem while another can not.

Someone can chose to change their body and make it look however they want it to look. So in my opinion, I'm making a fair example.

quote:
I didn't come to this forum so I could see the same complaints I see in high school, from people of a much lower intellect than what I have seen from most of the posters at this forum thus far.

Then why did you post here? You could of just left it, as it seems like you consider it a waste of time. Some people have a lower intellect then you, some have higher. But who are you to say that it's because of their ignorance compared to basic lack of experience. Just because some arn't as smart as you are doesn't mean they don't have a right to voice their opinion. And since I started this thread, your pretty much referring to me. I don't view myself as significant as you view yourself. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

I'm not saying that only beautiful people can wear beautiful clothes, thats what you said. If you read the whole thread, this wouldn't come up again.

I think that this is a modesty issue. Wear modest clothes. Maybe we should be limiting the way people express themselves through clothes. Maybe we should just all wear uniforms. I honestly don't care. I'd actually prefer uniforms with the way dress seems to be going.

37yrs • M •
quote:
My intentions we not to bash 'fat' people, but if thats the way you intrepret it, then so be it.

Well, there is no reason to give up already! If I have a different opinion than you, the most insulting thing you can do in this argument is respect, at such a primitive state in the conversation, my right to disagree with what you have to say. I encourage you to persuade me at each and every opportunity, so that I am never living in a state of ignorance to the current topic you are discussing.

quote:
Someone can chose to change their body and make it look however they want it to look. So in my opinion, I'm making a fair example.

Changing your body into something that it was not born to be makes it inherently unqualified to be "better" than anything at all, in my opinion. I do not find altering one's body to be a viable solution to dealing with a self-esteem issue. In fact, changing your body is giving up altogether, by resorting to a solution that defeats its own attempt at ratifying.

quote:
Then why did you post here? You could of just left it, as it seems like you consider it a waste of time.
An irrelevant concern is not ALWAYS a waste of time, to me. Until you become unable to comprehend my ideas and, in turn, consider enlightenment from them, arguing with you will always be worth my time. I feel that about everyone, though, so don't feel special, kiddo.
quote:
Some people have a lower intellect then you, some have higher. But who are you to say that it's because of their ignorance compared to basic lack of experience.
Ignorance and lack of experience may be considered one-and-the-same. If I lack experience in something, I am most likely ignorant in that something, as well.
quote:
Just because some arn't as smart as you are doesn't mean they don't have a right to voice their opinion. And since I started this thread, your pretty much referring to me. I don't view myself as significant as you view yourself. But I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
There is no need to get personal, and more importantly, upset about it. I do not see myself as a higher intellect than you; if I happen to possess more intelligent posts in this thread than you do, I will chalk it up to luck and nothing else. I have read your posts before, and find you capable of debating any point that you allow yourself to consider. The only thing that would make you less an intellect than myself is if you refused to allow your mind to open, and accept ideas that can, will, or at least SHOULD, change it.

quote:
I'm not saying that only beautiful people can wear beautiful clothes, thats what you said. If you read the whole thread, this wouldn't come up again.

I think that this is a modesty issue. Wear modest clothes. Maybe we should be limiting the way people express themselves through clothes. Maybe we should just all wear uniforms. I honestly don't care. I'd actually prefer uniforms with the way dress seems to be going.

Your "final solution" seems to be one of either extreme satirical nature, or complete despair. Do you really believe that a universal uniform for women in America would be advancing our society in the right direction? The point I was getting at is that clothes are irrelevant, as what we wear has nothing to do with the things we believe, which are, at least to me, the only things worth caring about.

What I look like is not my fault. I did not choose to look how I do. I am not saying that I regret what I look like, and would rather I looked like someone else, but rather, I am merely stating that since it is not in my power to change what my body, in its purity, looks like, visually, I should not be held responsible for any blame that comes my way because of what I look like.

The last paragraph may seem off-topic, but it leads to my next point: The clothes we wear fit us in different ways, but it is not in our control as to how each article of clothing "fits", and therefore, we should not be concerned as to the result of wearing any article of clothing, provided it does not physically disable us in any way.

36yrs • M •
Captain_Obvious is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Ok then, I guess to sum up how this whole situation with overweight people and inappropriate clothing is can be said like this.

"It's easier to stop something before hand rather than dealing with it when it's happening"

Preventative measures are what people should be taking. Even though it's easier to just sit around and do nothing, or go to some fast food restaurant to eat a meal that consists of over 1200 calories a serving just to avoid cooking there are ways to make it so you don't have to try to fit into a peice of clothing that looks like you stole a sample of cloth from a fabric store.

Exercise people. It's not hard to do, and it's even been proven that any type of exercise will not only help you physically but mentally as well. If overweight people were to get outside and run, bike, swim, lift weights, heck even doing some push-ups and sit-ups before they were to go to bed they would be a healthier person. When you're a healthier person things just add together and eventally you won't even have to worry about seeing a size 22 in a size 8 because she'll be at least a size 12 in a size 12 happy with herself because she is taking care of herself.

How I feel towards this whole clothing issue is that women are confused with how men want them to be. I will change channels only to see commercials of hal fnaked women putting on lip gloss. How does that enhance the effects, who knows. The main thing is that no longer are people in control of what they want, society dictates what a person wants in you, which is sad. So to all of you people, exercise please, it'll help you in the end.

35yrs • F •
quote:
Changing your body into something that it was not born to be makes it inherently unqualified to be "better" than anything at all, in my opinion. I do not find altering one's body to be a viable solution to dealing with a self-esteem issue. In fact, changing your body is giving up altogether, by resorting to a solution that defeats its own attempt at ratifying.

Just because someone wants to change their body doesn't mean they have low self-esteem. If it makes them happier about themselves, then I don't see why not. It's like changeing your diet to lose pounds, but it only speeds up the process.
quote:
Your "final solution" seems to be one of either extreme satirical nature, or complete despair. Do you really believe that a universal uniform for women in America would be advancing our society in the right direction?

Yes, modesty--our uniform.
quote:
The point I was getting at is that clothes are irrelevant, as what we wear has nothing to do with the things we believe, which are, at least to me, the only things worth caring about.

Well, if clothes were irrelevant, then I don't see why uniforms would be a big deal. But some people like to 'express' themselves through their clothes.
quote:
I should not be held responsible for any blame that comes my way because of what I look like.

No ones blaming you. A mother wouldn't let their 10yr old daughter leave for school looking like a hooker, because even if thats the way she wants to dress because she feels confident in it, it's just not modest and it's morally wrong.

quote:
I didn't come to this forum so I could see the same complaints I see in high school, from people of a much lower intellect than what I have seen from most of the posters at this forum thus far.

But you did give off the idea that you thought you were smarter then others. And yes, I'm still in high school. It's like you were saying that only the smarter people have worthy things to say, and that they're the ones who should be allowed to post.

But I got to hand it to you, your right in some ways and your arguments are awsome. And it isn't like I not open-minded about it, because I do believe that clothes don't make the person, whats why I'm cool with uniforms. And I know how bigger people get ragged on, and I know that it isn't their fault, not that it should be considered as one, and that it could possibly be a medical condition, which I know one of my friends has, and it's not like larger women aren't less beautiful, but what I'm trying to boil it down to is that people should be modest in what they wear.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Someone can chose to change their body and make it look however they want it to look.

simply not true. it really irritates me when people run under this assumption. you can take care of your body and stay healthy... thats very different. you can have all kinds of surgery, but you wont be you anymore.

if you find someone unattractive and then simply say to yourself they are a lesser person because you think they could look better, well you are an asshole. similarly if you do not like someone because you feel they are of lesser intelligence than you, you are an asshole.

as for myself, i am a bonafied freak of nature, cant do a damn thing to change it, not even surgery. their are more people like this than you think.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
Fat girl, tight clothes. - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy