Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

You cant handle the truth

User Thread
 77yrs • M •
prophetofthenor is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am not a prophet, you are right;truly you know more than I. I live alone. Sometimes I am good and sometimes I am bad. A man whom took 25 years of his life to learn the truth was interpreted into a lie. I am not a prophet but I chose the appelation. I am not a prophet of Jehovah nor Allah. And I would not know the image of your christ,-the story is allegory-it never happened. The bible is a compilation of selected books of faith. Since faith is the substance of things hoped for ,the evidence of things not seen-it never happened.
To overlook the obvious would be most unforgivable. The one who is called the Son of God survived the cross-went north and east to Srinagar,Kashmir,where his tomb is with us to this day.They called him the Spirit of God.He said he was the prophet of Israel.(see--tombofjesus.com).
I studied the Merovingian side of the arguement and found little on what happened after the cross to jesus.Much was found on Mary Magdalen-it seems her uterus was the holy grail-the cup.
I know they crucified jesus and he survived. He was on the cross for just 6 hours---so are they every easter in the philippeans.A dead man has no body pressure-they claim a centurion pierced his side and out came blood and water.He was seen with the wounds by over 500 confused talking monkees, then he went away.They say Srinagar is heaven on earth.
He spoke of two folds who would become pronounced in the last day. The Son of God was given length of days and God showed him his salvation-he lived to be 120.
He is not sitting on some throne in heaven beside himself, nor will he appear in the sky.He shall rise from the dead after 3 days and 3 nights.Three thousand years.The tomb will be undisturbed because you do not believe in him. You have jumped the gun! That which is highly esteemed by man is abomination to God.Know he is dead,he shall rise from the dead at the appointed time. No one alive shall see his resurrection-unless. Unless you keep his sayings and do them and pass them on to your children. Those who keep the commandments of God and live by the sayings of the Son shall share in his resurection. Pass it on.

So what about Armageddon?

The threat of total elimination of all talking monkeys is imminent. All we need is a born again fundamental leader to bring about the war to end all wars, to speed up the alleged return of jesus. But he is dead! I pray when his majesty rises from his state of death there will be some talking monkies around to see it. Jesus is not God. God was in him, just as He is supposed to be in you. As the Father was in him so shall he be in you and you in him.God is a Spirit and a Spirit has not flesh and bones. There shall be three major attacks on Persia and the Medes-the third one shall destroy the world as you know it. Can you see the bush burning now???

theNorthernPreacher
http://prophetofthenorth.exactpages.com

"all is not as it appears"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Judaism survived because Christians let it survive

Thank God we stopped the Holocost

quote:
Jesus is not God. God was in him, just as He is supposed to be in you

I agree with that statement.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^YEEEEESSSSSSS........YESSSSSS....BY GOODNESS YOU GOT IT!!!!!!!!!..........YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!...... Only those who realize the truth, who realize that God is in them, who realize the reality of life will be risen....only those living in God and God living in them will arise from this earthly grave! BLESSINGS....BLESSINGS.......GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!!!...

"Being is not knowing!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
im not trying to direct this at anyone but people can't handle the truth, religons exist just to give people a sense of purpose,meaning. As humans we are always wondering what is out their but being the stupid beings we are, we are impatint and want answers now. From this religons were born to soothe the masses and to give us"meaning".
We should always be asking what is truelly there not to just give up and settle down for mere theroys.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
As humans we are always wondering what is out their but being the stupid beings we are, we are impatint and want answers now. From this religons were born to soothe the masses and to give us"meaning".

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=43535-u-frmid=17#44301
quote:
Only those who realize the truth, who realize that God is in them, who realize the reality of life will be risen....only those living in God and God living in them will arise from this earthly grave!
Whenever I hear this type of statement, I wonder what is bothering you about it?
I f some corporation was to offer 2 weeks all expense paid vacation to those who would train & enter the San Franciso Marathon, why would you be mad at those who applied or those who made the offer

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 64yrs • M •
Original article: I must have read it real fast, because I don't remember reading it. I checked out

http://tombofjesus.com

Cool flash introduction. But wait a minute. You're saying he didn't die or came back to life and went to India? and took a great following with him.

Hmmmm - that's very interesting. Hope you stick around and explain more of this.

As far as handeling the truth. Who knows what the truth is. So many things could have happened, so much history has been destroyed, great libraries full of knowledge that had made Confucious so wise and now non-existant. Destroyed by war lords, kings and other rulers who felt that knowledge was a threat and put it down. Books were even destroyed by the Catholic Church during the dark ages.

So the only truth left is what you keep in your heart. There is test I recall, I don't recall where it comes from. But if it agrees with your heart, it is true, if it does not then it may not be (provided your heart has not been corrupted), only you would know that. This is why I believe in Jesus, because the things he said just makes so much sense.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you are soo right Eliasan.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 36yrs • M •
to answer you quetion cturtle i wouldn't if they got offered a vacation if they would particpate in a marathon im fine with that. That or i wouldn't care becouse that question makes no sense in the contexts of what this thread is about. so please explain why i would be mad at them.

64yrs • M •
cturtle is sometimes difficult to understand and I can't always answer his posts, but if you stick around, you'll realize cturtle is just very smart.

The reality is - those who do not believe in God have a difficult time understanding those who do, and likewise, those of us who do believe in God have a difficult time understanding how you can't believe in God.

I've been in this forum for over two years now, and the believers and non believers keep bumping heads, and after awhile it just gets kind of old.

All ofcourse are welcome here, but this is a mystery - THIS IS THE RELIGIOUS SECTION. So why is it that those who do not believe in religion or God feel that they have to come in here and challange those of us who do?

I don't, nor do I believe that cturtle goes around in other parts of the furom and try to convince others who we know do not believe in God or religion to believe in God and religion.

Are you trying to convince us that we are crazy, or are you trying to justify your own unbelief.

We've been bumping heads for over two years, and we'll probebly bump heads for another two years, and I don't mind.

But I'm here to tell you, I don't believe in God because I'm insecure. And you're just so tough that you don't need to believe such things.

But you coming in here trying to convince us we're crazy is proof of your own insecurity. Because if you really believed what you believe. Our beliefs wouldn't worry you none, and you wouldn't to feel that you have to convince us of our folly.

36yrs • M •
im not calling anyone crazy, nor try to convince anyone of anything. i was just saying that people are rather strange in thinking that shortcuts like religons and other things just hinder human development of the mind. i was mearlly vocing an opinon not enforcing on anyone.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No-one is trying to convince you that your crazy to believe in god. Mainly its just that debate is the easiest way to sort fact from fiction, it is largely unlikely that any one side is going to change the others beliefs, but this debate does help to shed some of the confusion that prevents the two groups understanding each other.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Antireligious people often try to say that people who believe in religion are weak and they simply want comfort. The same can be said of antireligious persons, they simply want a different kind of comfort one that justifies a life of selfishness.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How is it being selfish to not be christian? there are plenty of other religions out there, all of which have their own philosophies on life. While personally i can't say that i agree with every single one, I wouldn't put someone down because they chose a different religion than I did.

"He who does not question is lost."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I didn't say it was selfish to not be a Christian, I said being antireligious is selfish.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
that statement is almost a bit hypocritical, being religilous is usually being anti-atheist. the underlying belief of any religion is that their god(s) exist and that all other religions or lack of them are wrong, and therefore require converting in order to povide them with the salvation that the religious person believes they will enjoy.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy