The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty. - Amarant Coral (Final Fantasy IX)
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Adam...?

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Adam...?
for supporters of creationisim, Hmmm, ok, so when Adam was supposedly sent down to earth, he was a 'complete' man right? I mean he was the same as us. But no women existed then, so he wouldn't have a penis wud he? and whats the point of hair? whats the point of an appendix? surely God is not that stuipid that he wud give us a appendix just for decoration and operations? Before he asked God for Eve to be created, he wouldn't have had ny reproduvtive sytem, and his whole brain psycology and structure wud have been different....comments?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Firstly Adam was claimed to have been created out of dust, and Eve his rib.

Past that, trust me, your questions will make far more sense than any biblically derived answer anyone will ever throw at you. Which I'm guessing you've noticed.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think it's all symbolic. The Bible is the most symbolic compared to the Torah and Quran, which has perhaps resulted in a few problems. Perhaps that is why God was more direct i the Quran

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that McTex is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
He was created a man. If you are a man then you know what he looked like and was like.

From what I understand an appendix has a recently discovered purpose.

"Thinking themselves wise they became fools..."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
An appendix blocks the waste from entiring your body!..lmao

but as for Adam?...we "males" are all adam...and all females are Eve....and creationism is the same as evolution, because something new was formed....

Basically we don't give God the credit the creator deserves. Man has been here for a long....long....long....long...etc time! We just recently fell into the void of wanting to Know everything, and everytime we get out of it, some poor soul always brings us back in, because they want to know...... This is like the third time all this is going to happen, but this time is the last time...this is it!...hahahahaha.... So dear friend you're adam, and your mom is eve..... it is symbolic, and it will always be..

"Being is not knowing!"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe it is all symbolic also. However I do believe that God created the world, I'm not sure I know how we got here or how that came about?

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe that God created the world and everything in it. When you said:
quote:
and whats the point of hair?

I just wanted to comment that the reason why He made hair is because it's decorative. I mean, why wouldn't he make things just for the beauty of it?
quote:
creationism is the same as evolution, because something new was formed...

Evolution's theory is that we shared a common ancestor called Australopithecus and evolved into humans, and thats different compared to if you were created because you'd already be the final form and didn't undergo transitional forms. I don't think that we're physically created in God's image, because He is in a spirit form, but I think that we're created in HIs image in a way that we reflect his traits, like love joy peace and so on. Theres a lot of symboliysm in the Bible, but theres things there too that really did happen just the way it was said. So I think that the creation of Adam and Eve were literal.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 38yrs • M •
^^^^YUP.....and everything literal is symbolical!......

"Being is not knowing!"
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Evolution's theory is that we shared a common ancestor called Australopithecus and evolved into humans, and thats different compared to if you were created because you'd already be the final form and didn't undergo transitional forms. I don't think that we're physically created in God's image, because He is in a spirit form, but I think that we're created in HIs image in a way that we reflect his traits, like love joy peace and so on.

So you might believe that God is the creator of evolution?

38yrs • M •
^^God is evolution......God is creation.....and evolution is in all aspects creation.....something new that wasn't there came into existence...and that is creation!....so therefore God is ALL!

"Being is not knowing!"
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God is not evolution - God can not evolve - GOD IS!

Again you limit what your god is.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God didn't create human evolution. I don't personally believe in macro evolution. God is the Alpha and the Omega. The beinging and the end. He just is. Theres nothing more to it.

64yrs • M •
You can believe what you like - I don't believe we should argue here in this place. I was just clarifying. It sounded like you believed in evolution, it sounded like you believe in God. And thats ok, nothing wrong with that.

35yrs • F •
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I'm arguing, I was just saying what I thought and I'm sorry I wasn't clear on what I meant to say, I have bad grammer and scentence structure. When I mention evolution, I was just relating to what I've learned in school and I didn't mean to sound like I believed in evolution, although that how it came across. And again, I'm sorry.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
for supporters of creationisim, Hmmm, ok, so when Adam was supposedly sent down to earth, he was a 'complete' man right?
Adam was created as a functional adult upon the Earth, it was the fallen angels which descended.
Though some think that these two events are the same.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
Adam...?
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy