A friend starts to become a true friend when you begin to see yourself in them - Angel Of Death
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Favs - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
One of my favorite authors is Sophie Kinsella. My fave book by her is Can You Keep a Secret. I love her style of writing. her books arte always comical and sexy at the same time, and she writes about situations that you can totally put your self in. I love that her characters always throw everything way out of proportion.

Joel, my friend is a huge fan of Palahniuk. She was describing that "Invisable" book to me. It seems really odd!

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My favorite book?- Touching the Void by Joe Simpson. he is also my favorite author.
It captures the real essence of human survival, when we are left with nothing but to fight against the extremes of physical and psychological traumas . It discusses the issues that the closer you are to death, the more you realize you are alive

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 58yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that RaTyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Favorite books are the Dune series by Frank Herbert (Not the crap his son wrote after his death) and Watership Down by Richard Adams (I read it over and over - gone through 3 paperbacks and am on second hardback cause they keep falling apart).

Favorite poem is Goblin Market by Christina Rossetti.

'....
"Did you miss me?
Come and kiss me,
Never mind my bruises,
Hug me, kiss me, suck my juices
Squeezed from goblin fruits for you,
....'

fyi - I have kept the first page of the first edition paperback of The Hobbit in my night stand drawer since I was in the military in the late 80's.

Honorable mentions (books read more than 5 times) - Michael Moorcock's Elric and Corum series of SF/Fantasy, Edgar R. Burroughs John Carter of Mars series, Stephen King's The Stand, and LoTR (includes Hobbit, Silmarillion, and Lost Tales - just a very intricate and fascinating world he created).

""I do not wish my pockets to be searched.""
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that deifiedslacker is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
author: Ayn Rand

books: we the living, the fountainhead, what dreams may come, a clockwork orange, stranger in a strange land, the iliad and the odyssey....

"I had the right to remain silent but I did not have the ability."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that earthenwings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Authors: Amelia Atwater-Rhodes, Garth Nix, Jane Austen, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Sanjay Nigam, Bill Waterson, and Joyce Maynard.

Books: The Usual Rules, Hawksong, The Raging Quiet, Sabriel, Lirael, Pride and Prejudice, The Scarlet Letter, The Snake Charmer, and the Calvin and Hobbes "books".

""...Not every fight is worth fighting." Hold me to it."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Fav book definitely Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Fav author Fydor Dostoevsky.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
author: Darren Shan

i love all of the cirque du freak books,by Darren Shan

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
auther: Arthur C Clarke
Book: ohh hard call like a lot of books, so ill do it by series 2001 series, dragon blood series. why i love them cause Clarke is in my opinion a god among authers and the dragon blood series well as the name implies it had dragonis and i like dragons.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Favrotie author? Definitely Jack Kerouac. (Is no one else into the Beat Era?)
Favorite book? I don't know. Right now it's a fight between Moby Dick and Watership Down. If my favoritism is based on re-reading then I'd have to say Watership Down. If it's favoritism based on the love of the material and beauty of the words I'd have to say Moby Dick.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Podslapper is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
George Orwell, 1980s Stephen King, Bukowski, Vonnegut and Salinger.

"Hello, hello, hello"
 36yrs • M •
maladjust is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
there are so many books i love, but my absolute favorite would have to be angela's ashes by frank mccourt. i read that book for school and it is still my favorite, so thats saying something

"Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said, "I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!"?"
 35yrs • F •
papolska is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
My favorite book is Lala's Story. I also thoroughly enjoyed The Bielski Brothers by Peter Duffy & Survival in Auschwitz by Primo Levi. Very nice books. READ THEM !!!

"little things affect little minds"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Kurt Vonnegut Jr's - Breakfast of Champions.

Vonnegut's my favorite author, I've read four of his books over the past year and half and going to start another one when the reading from school lighten ups a little. I like Vonnegut because he is very open with what he thinks while still leaving much of what is stated for one's self to think about. I also agree with Vonnegut on a lot of things such as how to view politics and how one should live their life.

I like Breakfast of Champions because its is extremely funny while still opening the mind of the reader. It also ties things into the plot in a very interesting way. I also have a minor emotional attachment to the book because I grew a lot as a person while reading it.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that forgottentruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
my favorate poet, well im not realy a poem person

favorate author probably justin somper

favorate book The Spooks trilogy

"All we see or seem; is but a dream within a dream. - Edgar Allan Poe"
Favs - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy