Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Discovering True Happines

User Thread
 41yrs • F •
Decode Me is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The way the world works today is the same as it always has been. I just can see it now. For a time I was blind to all things that existed, specifiaclly all the bad stuff that happens in this world. And I find that knowing only makes you wonder why, and never getting the answer you want to be true can mess with your head. So ignorance is bliss!

"Everything always comes full circle!"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"So ignorance is bliss!"

What if someone were to say that that very frame of mind is the biggest tool in the enslavement of the masses.

That actually, the answers you want to be true are possible, but we must first see and understand the problem, collectively, thats the key, we all have to see and understand.

And then all we have to do is stand up and change things.

You will most likely be forced out of ignorance at some point, the question is, do you want to wait untill its too late?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M •
Aki_rocks is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Ignorance is the biggest flaw on one's part.It is not at all a bliss.Please dont get me wrong mr."decode me",but you cant run from reality.Your statement:-
"And I find that knowing only makes you wonder"is completely correct.We can only arrive at this conclusion that :"Imagination is more powerful and important than knowledge."

41yrs • F •
Decode Me is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
All great inputs. I just can't stand that so many people refuse to see the truth. I hate that in a world we live in a person is smart but peole are stupid!

"Everything always comes full circle!"
 46yrs • M
"I hate that in a world we live in a person is smart but peole are stupid!"

Indeed, well put.

But blaming the people isn't the answer, while waking them up is.

We need to blame all who lie about such important issues and those who allow it, especially/specifically those in posistions of authority.

We are supposed to be able to trust people and not have to worry about being lied to. But in our society we are so flooded with lies that we don't even know what truth is when we see it, let alone trust it as truth. This is a problem indeed.

Yet people still defend lying, this one baffles me.

But censorship and white lies those touchy subjects, are actually distractions that cloud a real and separate issue.

Lying to avoid hurting someones feelings, and censoring developing minds from certain images etc. are not the same as lying about or censoring information of guilt to heinous crimes.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
true happiness comes from learning enough about things to be able to fix problems. ignorance does create happiness, but it fades and isnt "true" anyway. some of the hardest things in my life have been the most rewarding.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ambition is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think ignorance probably is bliss, to be honest. There's a great quote which I think is relevant here "Philosophy is a study that lets you be unhappy more intellegently".
I think being happy is about being yourself, and being content with everything you do in life. Make sure you have no regrets.

"Lifes battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man but in the end the man who wins is the man who thinks he can"
 46yrs • M
"I think being happy is about being yourself, and being content with everything you do in life. Make sure you have no regrets. "

That only works or makes sense if you live alone in a forrest or something or are trapped inside your own mind.

In a society others will react to your ignorance and usually fuck up your bliss.

And ignorance is what allows corruption to rule us, and if you are ignorantly blissfully ok with that, well, you won't be once you are forced to become aware, and it will happen, be it now or later, your death bed, or in purgatory.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
become aware of what? what exactly do you think is being hidden here?philosophical revolution is all well and good on an unexamened level. but even if a different philosophical scheme could be implemented culturally, it would not do away with the parameters, it would simply modify them to its own ends.

"dont got one"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy