Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why did you join this site? How did you find it?

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What do you like about this web site? Why do you sit and read other people's thoughts and discuss philosophuical issues with them? Is this a childhood interest? A new liking?

Also, how did you stumble onto this website? A friend told you about it? You found it in a search? Or where you searching for "Sarcastic quotes" on Yahoo like me and found this site on page 29 of the 208848642364275986 results?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, I searched for 'deep, philosphical sites' or something like that.
Well, the main thing I like is obviously the open mindness and deepness of most ppl here. as fer ur why, well, I think I was always a deep thinker

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i was looking for a message board like this one, though I dont think i knew at the time exactly what i was looking for. this site has a comparitivily large degree of sincerity, and it isnt made up entirely of a bunch of people who have to belong somewhere.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
btw attolia, why were u so intrigued with sarcastic quotes?!

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was looking for some pictures on Gogle images and I came across firebird's old pic that he had of that stick dude. When i clicked on it it brought me here

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 36yrs • F •
I love sarcasm. Reading sarcastic quotes helps me broaden my sarcastic abilities. And I was looking for ways to make fun of people without hurting them much.

Then again, maybe I was searching for philosophical questions on Yahoo...no, that was last week...or was it?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 47yrs • F •
Calyxx is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I had a strange experience that brought me to this site.

Every now and then I like to rearrange the furniture in my room - I find changing my surroundings kind of keeps change and growth ticking along on an inner level. Anyway, I have a piece of Greenstone (or Poenamu as we call it here in NZ) that usually lives under my pillow and after shifting my furniture around I could not find it anywhere. As I got into bed I thought to myself that it would turn up, and wasn't really too worried about it.

At about 5am I was woken up by a really loud thump on my bedroom floor. I looked around and thought maybe my cat had knocked something over, but realised the cat was not in the room. What was in the centre of the floor was my stone. There is no way that stone was in the room when I went to bed, and there was no furniture for it to have fallen off. I was a bit freaked out and told my flatmate about it - he said "I've heard about objects dropping out of astral like that".

So I searched the net for "objects dropping out of astral" and found this site. Unfortunately I didn't actually find any info on what my stone may have been up to, but maybe someone out there has some ideas?

I wasn't really looking for a site like this, but as soon as I found it I felt like I found a place I belonged.

""The more you know, the less you need""
 36yrs • F •
lol. Can't wait to hear what other's have to say about how they found this site.

Objects dropping out of astral...happened to me once, though I don't know why.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya, my story sucks, I did a search for debate forums. But I swear a rock could have fallen from the ether at any second..... it was almost pretty tense.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
my story - one word, Mia. unfortunately she doesnt really post anymore

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • F •
Different paths all leading to the same URL...how the Underground members met.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was trying to find the real meaning of life and "sarcasm" showed up. I guess the life we try to make for ourselfves screws us over becuz no matter how hard or how very little people work to try and put meaning to their lives, we all end up dead.
As for why I like to read other ppl's thoughts, I guess it's becuz then I don't have to think for myself once in a while.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was searching for philosophies of life and found myself here.- there was some really great things to read and discuss- still as well!

Welcome Wandering Nobody- I hope you find some of what you need here.

Wyote- how did you mean MiA broght you here.... and any idea why she no longer posts?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that [bastard_earth] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Because instead of killing myself, I decided to study life, learn everything there is to know about it...this seemed like a fitting place to expand my knowledge on the subject, so why not frequent it. Makes sense really.

"Never love anything enough that you cannot bare to see it die"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was searching in google images for pictures of the blue sun. Someone has a blue sun as their user icon, so thats how i got the link to here.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy