I need more money, more power, and less shit from stupid people like you. - Evilia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

is love enough?

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
gilbert is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
is love enough?
is love enough to truly live life to it's fullest? is love enough to truly understand the life we live and accept it on it's own terms? is love enough to truly be happy?
thank you for whatever responses i get. i'm brand new at this and my questions on love being the answer to life and happiness are all i can think of right now.
take care one and all, cheers

"hope and love are the meaning of life"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no... but it makes everything a lot easier

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It depends on ur perception of love. If u mean love as in 'loving' ur Girfreind or boyfreind, or even 'loving' ur parents,which are the lowest and most pathetic kinds of love then no, that iz definately not enough, and often, it makes life even more difficult then easier; relationship problems,suicidal tendancies...
However, if ur talkin bout 'real' love, then thats sumtin else. Now what the hell iz 'real' love? Well, it cannot be explained in words, but it's experiancing the the universal love that flows within u.
Nywayz, it won't make sense to nyone whu hasn't experianced these higher forms of love, but lets just say that once u have reached a certain level in meditation, then u may catch a glimpse. That is all I have, something less then a glimpse, and with that, I feel that even if I lose everything in the world, I l still be very happy and content, because I can survive on love alone.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
ahem ahem, yes thank you(takes bow), very dramatic and emotional end!

35yrs • M •
ahem ahem, yes thank you(takes bow), very dramatic and emotional end!

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
love is the answer, but questions are still needed for a fulfilling life.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
Yes, or rather, first come the questions, then the 'true' love

35yrs • M •
Yes, or rather, first come the questions, then the 'true' love, but ofcourse, very few ppl have experianced that, so lets jus say that love and questions go hand in hand(ofcourse in that way, countless number of things can be included, like grit, determination, patiance etc)

But if u have love inside you, then all these things, all the postive values of life will automatically come into u.
Love and negativity can't both exist inside you at the same time

42yrs • F •
Love can be enough only when one is enlightened through it and not restricted by it in any way. When you have love within you and are able to use it to enrich your own life, and of lives those around you, then you experience a fullness and completeness that just can't be compared to.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 35yrs • M •
gilbert is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
in that case, what with all you people talking about questions and stuff...
what are the questions of love? are you in love? is your love truthful? does it exist at all? what questions are you talking about?
personally, i don't like to ask questions. love is a feeling, therefore i like to feel it, not think about it. and as for which love i'm talking about, i'm talking all love, wife, gf, bf husband, friend mother father stranger anything and everything. do you think these feelings through, or do you just feel them blindly and heedlessly?
thanks for replying to a confused teenager, cheers

"hope and love are the meaning of life"
 35yrs • M •
Well, that depends on ur defination and perception of love...

@ gilbert, regarding the questions I wz talkin bout, I meant dat throu questions we may perhaps be able to c the path of love. nywayz, as ur reffering to wordly love, then you shoudln't think bout it, if it happens so be it, if it doesn't so be it. Dont exaggerate or under rate it, just let it be

Ok, now regarding the perception of love. Everybody here has so far only been concerned with 'wordly' love or a lower form of love. The love I m talkin bout is the one which spiritualisim talks bout...
Nyway, even with wordly love, yes it is enough, i.e, as long as it lasts. If ur 'in love' with ur girlfreind, then during those moments u will feel love iz the only thing u'll need, although it may be a different story when, not if, there is a breakup.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Theres 3 types of love:
Eros, which is based to physical attraction and fulfillment, Philo: which is the friendship love, and Agape: which is the giving love.
With these loves, it does help life to become fulfilling and it could be all what you really need. Only if it doesn't become a problem or a burden to you and others and it's effects would be positive and enlightening.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 35yrs • M •
3 types of wordly love

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Then what kind of love are you talking about?

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^He's talking about Godly love.....the being of our existence all powerful everlasting love, contentment with nothing..... that type of love, not needing anybody to love, but having everybody to love.....confusing??....I mean why segregate love in 3 parts??....in the end it's still love right??..so why not just go for love alone without breaking it down..(destroying it)..

"Being is not knowing!"
is love enough?
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy