Sometimes you have to do what you don't like to get to where you want to be. - Tori Amos
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Traped In Civilisation

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gothabomber is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Traped In Civilisation
Has anyone ever told you before that if you didnt like something you should just leave or not go near it.... well why cant that apply to a country?

Say I absolutly hated the idea of organised communitys, plus capitalism, plus...watever else you would find in a 'any world' country. I dont want to partake in any of these things that i mentioned... but where else can i go. Without using the things such a passports, money, going through an authorative customs etc etc.

Also even if i did go through those means to reach my end...where exactly would my end be. Where in the world, besides desserted islands with no resources, could i go. Every land mass containing neccessary food sources and natural materials with enough space is taken up by a goverment with a name meant to resemble a country.

Dont get me wrong, im not into anarchism because - no offence - collective anarchism just makes people stupid and dangrouse. Individual anarchism doesnt exist becuase the term refers to a type of goverment. All i am talking about is to leave any form of society or law and live by my own devices and do what i wish without and limitation imposed by any authority.

This however isnt possible now-a-days.

If anyone has any critisisms then please reply away.

"everything but never anything"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You can fade into all the obscurity you like, I don't know if you are wanting to live off the land, but if you are wanting hospitals and businesses and stores available to you, then thats part of a city and government, but if you want to run off into the woods, hey, untill they come to chop it down they won't give a rats ass about you living out there. Thats in the US, I can't speak for other countries. Its just that most people aren't willing to give up the amenities of "civilized life".

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
i never said that anyone would want to follow in it, if i actually wanted to do that. When i say that i would want to leave and i hate everything that society has then of course that means away from hospitals and thing slike that. And i guess things are abit different in the U.S but what im getting at is that i still wouldnt be answerable to the law. Even if your country didnt give a rats ass about me living in the woods they would still come and get me if i decided to start killing everyone that i see.

Again my i emphasise on the fact that is not what i think and that it is a hypothetical argument. Dont make it personal....

46yrs • M
Not making it personal, not sure I know what you are asking, if you just mean a piece of land where idependant of all governments, well, you may have to stick to the island idea, but no matter where you go in or out of any government controlled countries, if you start killing people they will still intervene, its a human instinct to survive, part of that comes by stopping people from killing people (unless for good reason, self defense). Otherwise, if I'm still missing your point please clarify.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • M •
my main pointis that no matter what...you cant get out of civilisation... not anywhere that u can survive on ur own devices. Also like u said if i did do something that would usualy be against the law, like killing, the countrys near or knowing will try to stop me regarless of whether its THERE country or not. So the people who do not wish to live under any authority or goverment cant leave and are thus left to me miserable and suffering (mentaly of course) in a civilisation that they want no part of. I.E were TRAPED in civilisation... of course it would not be so if you prefared to live in civllisation.

46yrs • M
If your whole case is the desire to kill people, well, if you are living by yourself inside or outside and country borders you would most likely be killing citizens of a country (or you are by yourself and there is no one to kill), and yes you can live by your own means, people have had to, and in many places still do just that.

Civilization doesn't just mean government, it really means people and community, perhaps more advanced even, if you are standing in the middle of a giant, relatively uninhabited forrest, its not civiliztion.

I hear the moon is pretty uncivilized

37yrs • M •
ok civilisation is probaly the wrong word... i admit but the point still stand...and its not exactly as if i have the desire to kill people, its just an extreme example becuase im sure no one would intervine if i just stole something ( well... maybe the person i stole from)

46yrs • M
Ya, then I still may have no idea what you are talking about if you would like to clarify, I'm not sure what theiving you would be doing if living off the land, if you mean just living on the outskirts of society thieving, than ya, people are going to defend their PERSONAL (not even governmental) right to protect what is theirs.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That's why people left for America... I sometimes get the feeling we all have this subconscious drive to not have to deal with other human beings.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 46yrs • M
All while we can't seem to stop wanting other humans around too, especially the opposite sex, kinda frustrating.

37yrs • M •
lol good point

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Put it this way, abused folk sometimes seem to have an urge to just go out and get these things:
- farmland
- animals
- woman
- God

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
That's why people left for America...
The initial settlement was about religious fredom which was opened by nations seeking colonies to serve those nations.
the greater influx were those seeking to make their (personal) fortune because of the virgin lands represented room for growth not available in Europe.
The influx of people creating a civilization which tended to push those of withdrew from society further into the unsettled areas. Example mountain men who would come settlemnents to trade goods for necessities then finding the freedom & beauty of the wild areas beckened to return.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
Traped In Civilisation
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy