Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Video Games - Page 5

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
game graphics are improving in quality, and more complex activities and actions are now capable. but there is still space for the good old games like gorilla (ne1 else remember throwing explosive bananas at each other against a pixelated skyline?) they are still classic, and despite the lack of new things to do, it can still provide hours of entertainment.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I still love Yoshi's Island that I played on my old-as-hell Super Nintendo which would delete your file if it got too hot. 2-D platformers are vastly underrated.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
2D platformers are great games, and i think in some cases are far better than 3D platformers. the 3D platformers tend to have sloppy controls and bad camera placement, making the a pain to play. whreas the old 2D ones u can always see what ur doing, and u cant send ur character slightly the wrong way and kill urself. did anyone ever play a pc platformer called Jazz Jackrabbit, that game just ruled.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
3d platforms engulf you in an entire world. 2d games are just fun. depends on what your looking for.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that takemeseriously is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That's debatable. I've felt pretty engulfed in Yoshi's Island. It has such beatiful artwork and fun, interesting worlds, the kind that show up in your dreams. And even though Final Fantasy games have beautiful cut scenes, I've never felt engulfed throughout any of it. It's probably because the battles are so engaging. Actually, the most engaging 3D platform for me has been Dark Cloud 2. Not the best cut scenes, but stupendous backgrounds and gameplay. It's dazzling.

"If home is where the heart is, then I got evicted this week (Johnny Hobo and the Freight Trains)"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Dark Cloud is the most under rated RPG. even though its got blatent rip-offs all over the game, its got some highly inventive aspects. the story lines need some work though.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M
dark cloud 2 made up for one. and i always feel like im inside of the ff worlds, and part of that reason is the battles, and hey youve never finished a final fantasy! like i said, you prbably see the world in a cutsie way, i see it in a more what if way. thats probably why the out there worlds and real looking graphics pull me in.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 40yrs • M •
the thing about ff games is that if you really do follow the plot line, you start to feel for the characters and what they go through. ff7 was not only emotional plot wise, but also as a gamer losing so much progress and not being able to do a damn thing about it. the world of gaming and relationships collided, tragically. sorry, i sound like a big nerd.

35yrs • M
no you dont. you soud like you know what your talking about. did you cry when aeris died.

35yrs • F •
(sigh) Thanks for ruining the ending for me. (Doesn't she drown?) Anyways, yeah, I do like looking at the world through a cutsie RPG POV. Life is so much prettier and more simple that way

40yrs • M •
i didnt cry, my friend and i sat staring at the tv in total disbelief for about five minutes. then while playing the next half hour or hour we just kept saying stuff like "no, shell come back... it was a joke... a trick or something" haha, god im depressed now.

which is remarkably similar to the way i react to a girl breaking up with me... "no, she was just joking...right?" but then after a while you just have to accept it.

35yrs • M
thats wxactly what i did. but five minutse into it.... a single tear. damn that game kicks ass.

34yrs • M •
Bam is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
some kick ass games are Guildwars and Halo2

"Jesica Albas HOT"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Excerpt: Chinese go online to torture, kill corrupt officials

AFP
Thursday, August 2, 2007

An online game in which players can torture and kill corrupt officials that a Chinese local government set up to teach people about the perils of graft is proving a roaring success, state media said Thursday.

"Incorruptible Fighter", developed by the government of east China's Zhejiang province, was launched just over a week ago and is already so popular that it is being redesigned to accommodate more players, the China Daily said.

"I feel a great sense of achievement when I punish lots of evil officials," one gamer surnamed Sun was quoted as saying.

The game, which lets players get ahead by killing officials by means of "weapons, magic or torture," has been downloaded more than 100,000 times, the Southern Metropolitan Daily said.

The different game scenarios are based on well-known incidents taken from Chinese history, but the parallels in modern China of people struggling against seemingly insurmountable corruption are clear.

In order to advance to a new level, the player must enter into an "Anti-Corruption College" to be lectured in more detail about ancient cases, the Southeast Business newspaper said.

Along the way Internet vigilantes are rewarded for the capture, torture and killing of not just corrupt officials, but also their sons and daughters.

Once the player has punished enough corrupt officials, graduating through successive layers of vice, he or she enters into a graft-free paradise.

"We want game players to have fun but also to learn about fighting corruption, folklore and history," said Qiu Yi, a local official in Ningbo, one of Zhejiang's most prosperous cities.

Some experts have questioned, however, if the game is targetted at the right people.

"Government officials should be the ones getting anti-corruption education, not local youngsters," Peking University professor Wang Xiongjun told the China Daily.

Corruption is a source of immense and growing anger among ordinary Chinese.

President Hu Jintao has identified corruption within the Communist Party as one the greatest threats to its legitimacy as rulers of the country, and the government regularly authorises the real-life killing of people for graft.

The former head of China's food and drug watchdog, Zheng Xiaoyu, was executed last month for corruption, with his killing hailed by the state-run press as a warning to other corrupt party members.

http://rawstory.com/news/afp/Chinese_go_online_to_torture_kill_c_0802200
7.html

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • F •
GuitarGirl is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
guitar hero ii lookin forward to guitar iii and halo 3

"Hi"
Video Games - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy