Take your favorite quote or phrase with the word 'life' and replace it with 'wife', in order to make it more interesting. But don't say it out loud at an inopportune moment, on fear of losing your wife. - ravenclaw
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

does energy and matter cover everything

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lets just say for the people that belive in spirit god etc.. that energy includes them (uless you explain otherwise ).. (by the way this thread isnt terrbly important so can delete if you want)

so heres my question.. if people do think that energy (any occurance) and matter (any substance form) can make up "everything" i want to ask you this..

what does CONTRAST make up? or PLACE in SPACE etc...

another catagory?
or wouild you logically think that perhaps they are an occurance (energy type) such as our mind occurance thinknig of it.. or the action of ex: contrast differentiating,..

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 48yrs • M •
SeeJohn is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If matter and energy are distinct, then these two forns would affect eachother. To me energy means force (gravity,weight, etc.). Matter is all things physical (rock, water, cells, etc.).

When we look at physical things that contrast with eachother, it is because of the effect that energy has had on it. This does not mean that energy is inside of the physical thing. Over time, distinctions became more and more established.

There is the representation of energy in all things, but only in symbolic significance. The reason for distinction is chance.

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
According to Einstein everything is matter and energy combined. E=MC2, the theory of relativity.

He said "Matter is energy. Energy is light. Everything is light."

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
what about darkness? if lightssomething then darkness should be.. thanks for your replys.. so do you think that words that youve used like chance and didtinction, what they describe can be considered a form of energy??

a place in space= enery (or matter) ?? thin air not including the substances in it.. or is air itself some sort of subsatance?

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is energy and there are places with less energy

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Darkness is the absense of light.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, thats new

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • M •
Well, thats new

35yrs • M •
btw, does energy even exist? I mean, it's not a seperate 'force' or something? I think This whole energy thing is bull. Kinetic energy, example: a man on top of a mountain, holding a boulder, the boulder has 'potential 'energy'. Well, i think thats stuipid! Or someone explain it.

50yrs • F •
Einstein devoted pretty much his entire life to studying energy and I have seen it so I would have to say it exists.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vegeto is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
btw, does energy even exist? I mean, it's not a seperate 'force' or something? I think This whole energy thing is bull. Kinetic energy, example: a man on top of a mountain, holding a boulder, the boulder has 'potential 'energy'. Well, i think thats stuipid! Or someone explain it.

pull the string back on a bow and arrow, try and make it not snap back. Try running your car without gasoline in it. Try running your body without burnig calories. Feeling like you are lacking energy yet? Eat somthing. Hey who turned out all the lights, someone call the electrical company! Jeeze..

I guess I just not sure what you are unclear about.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 36yrs • M •
rage is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Everything in our universe is moving (regardless of the absence of time or light). Energy is there to create equilibrium within matter. Without the balance that energy creates, we would have a reaction on our hands.

Any thoughts?

"only the dead know the end of the war"
 50yrs • F •
Sounds right rage. There has to also, I believe, be a balance within the energy itself. So there has to be equal parts of the types or kinds of energy working within the universe... positive and negative, masculine and feminine, yin and yang.

36yrs • M •
rage is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I totally agree thoughtmanifest.
Our universe is made up of equal parts, without opposites there would be a void in our atmosphere. The way that it applies with energy and matter is that the two are simply 'yin and yang'; with out energy matter couldn't exist and vise versa.

"only the dead know the end of the war"
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy