Giving every man the vote has no more made them wise and free than christianity has made them good - H.L.Mencken
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Soccer! - Page 3

User Thread
 47yrs • M •
ullapool is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Right, here's my tuppence worth...

'Football', as is contained in the name, is a game played with a ball, at the foot. Not hands. No throwing (other than to return the ball to play when out of bounds.) Americans have such a hard time accepting this. Your game should be called something like, 'throw-and-catch-occasionally-kicking-ball' or something. Don't get me started on the World Series...

Someone mentioned that only the Americans call anything other than 'soccer' football, but I must disagree. The Aussies also have a 'running-jumping-throwing-punching-kicking-ball-game' that they call 'football'. It's better than American 'throw-and-catch-occasionally-kicking-ball' but it's still not Football.

Glasgow Celtic are the greatest team in my eyes, but then they're kind of glazed and biased. We just signed Roy Keane - he's too old but hey, He's Roy Keane!

J

"All religion is only there to control free minds and suggest false answers to the unknowable. Release your mind, accept death and enjoy working with each other towards the creation of a true and attainable paradise on earth."
 36yrs • F •
nic269 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I love soccer or footy as the uk says anyone been watching the world cup?

"Who cares what you own we leave this world alone"
 30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Weebl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I watch as many of the games a day for the world cup.
National team: England
Club team: Liverpool Football Club
Spanish team: Barcelona

"Life is worth living for until you believe that life isn't worth living."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I hear everytime soccer comes up in my school that it is the 'fairy' sport. It just shows a lot of people ignorance at how well soccar athletes are conditioned and just because they don't tackle people into the ground and try to hurt other people doesn't make it a bad/fairy sport.

I personally like Rugby better than any of the sports that I've played. I really like soccer too though because apparently I have extremely good stamina and endurance.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that RocketTed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
World Cup Team: Italy (and Brazil evry1 likes Brazil you can't not like them)

Club Team: Ac Milan

"Bad things to hear in a submarine: "Captain, the flooding put out the fire!!""
 30yrs • M •
Coming from england I'm surprised how how many people enjoy footie in the U.S.A/ rest of the world. Oh yeah unlucky ted about the 2005 champions league, but hell A.C. millan played amazingly!

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
football is the best sport on earth, this world cup germany is gonna win, its so obvious. anywayz, im stilll supporting the english lads.... my all time fave footballer is.....steven gerrard, thatz my liverpool boy.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Germany?! I hope not; anyway I don't think they're the team they used to be. They've won all their games so far but even with Argentinas weary match against Mexico, I think they'll lose to Argentina. We'l find out June 30th.

Of course I'm backing England, and with Portugal having problems with Rinaldo and two players red carded last game, we have a very god chance-w got to beat them after last time.

My moneys on Brazil-they didn't play too good against Ghana, but still won 3-0. They just score goals.

""No words""
 30yrs • M •
I see what you mean about brazil. 1 of the portuguese red card players was Deco, not sure about the other one.

Did you see the Spain - France game. Henry shouldn't of got that free kick against Puyol. If he didn't it would gone to extra time and then penelties which spain would of won. If you haven't guessed by now I like Spain.

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that neuterdbynature is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Germany won against Argentina! Even though they went into overtime they were still able to pull it off. It's a bit disappointing though because my cousin said that if Argentina won then it would show that Mexico lost to the better team. Yet after losing to Germany it just proves that Mexico sucked in their game with Argentina! They had so many shots and blew all of them. My money right now is on Germany and Brazil ...

The US is about the only country that does not appriciate football[soccer] as the rest of the world. They kind of like it if and only if they are winning but when they are not part of it they bad mouth it and ridicule it. I mean damn its a better sport than golf!

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that spiderz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
thats it.... i cant take this..... england's out. as much as i love ranoldo, i feel like ripping his hair out. oh well, he is a spectacular footballer. one of my favourites. yep... germany's already won. i can feel it. but im not supporting them. jus stating the obvious.
everyone assumed that brazil will win, but if you paid attention properly from the start youd see they werent playing as well as normal. and they were so awful against france.

"There is a thin line between bravery and stupidity"
Soccer! - Page 3
  1    2    3  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy