Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

glOBaL waRMInG - Page 5

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It has already cost us, and will continue to cost us as we clean up after flooding, hurricanes and tornadoes, and it will get worse and cost us more. What we can stop now is like putting money in the bank. It will cost us now but it will be there for us in a brighter future.

We can pollute, not give a hoot and invest in oil (proving to be a bad idea as we discover, oil really is running out) make a profit today and loose it all tomorrow.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
DT,

Kyoto isn't a step in the right direction but a miserably thought-out step in the wrong direction and could lead to far greater damage to the environment.

Now think about it - Kyoto admits that it will NOT have any positive impact upon decreasing Greenhouse gases in any manner that would benefit the environment or reduce the 'so-called' Global Warming effect.

So why would any thinking person implement anything that does not accomplish what they are wanting to accomplish? Especially something that has such a potential for disaster as Kyoto.

If I said to you I had a stock that I want to sell to you for $10,000 and although its doing really bad right now I guarantee that in a 100 years it will be through the roof would you buy it?

[  Edited by Xris at   ]
 64yrs • M •
quote:
Now think about it - Kyoto admits that it will NOT have any positive impact upon decreasing Greenhouse gases in any manner that would benefit the environment or reduce the 'so-called' Global Warming effect.

I went back thru this thread to see what I missed - I still don't see it, what are you talking about. Where did Kyoto admit that it will not have any positive impact?

quote:
If I said to you I had a stock that I want to sell to you for $10,000 and although its doing really bad right now I guarantee that in a 100 years it will be through the roof would you buy it?

Yes I'd invest in Kyoto - thanks for asking

53yrs • M •
Kyoto's goal is to imposing limits on emissions of carbon dioxide and other gases, right?

Do you even know what Kyoto predicts it can accomplish?

By their own admission their reduction of pollutants will not be enough to even begin to reverse what they claim is causing global warming.

"Yes I'd invest in Kyoto - thanks for asking"

That's not what I asked. Now try answering my question and if you want to continue to answer in the affirmative then I will send you my address and await your check.

LMAO

64yrs • M •
quote:
Do you even know what Kyoto predicts it can accomplish?

By their own admission their reduction of pollutants will not be enough to even begin to reverse what they claim is causing global warming.

quote:
went back thru this thread to see what I missed - I still don't see it, what are you talking about. Where did Kyoto admit that it will not have any positive impact?

Where?

53yrs • M •
In the Kyoto protocol. In their stated pollutants reduction numbers.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No it can't reverse it, but it will help.

Are you saying there should be a more radical agreement for us to stop global warming?

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 53yrs • M •
Actually it wont help because it will have negative effects in other areas that could actually make things much much worse.

There is an alternative that claims that it would reduce pollutants to thesame degree without the negative Kyoto consequences. I know very little about it so I am not able to endorse it or oppose it either way. I will try to look into it though.

64yrs • M •
REcent Update

quote:
Scientists Find Dramatic Changes in Southern Ocean,
Fear Climate Link
Common Dreams / Feb. 17, 2005

HOBART, AUSTRALIA - Scientists have discovered dramatic changes in the temperature and salinity of deep waters in the Southern Ocean that they warn could have a major impact on global climate.

Expedition leader Steve Rintoul of Australia said his multinational team of researchers had found that waters at the bottom of the Southern Ocean were significantly cooler and less salty than they were 10 years ago.

He said the size and speed of the changes surprised scientists, who have long believed deep ocean waters underwent little temperature change, and could indicate a slowdown in the flow of deep water currents.

"Ocean circulation is a big influence on global climate...
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/0217-08.htm

glOBaL waRMInG - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy