We are a tiny race, involved in a vast pursuit, amidst the cold stars, and all bound together by reason and amity. - Dr. Trefusius
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

AlienVSPredator

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
AlienVSPredator
***** SPOILERS *****

i saw this movie opening day, and it has taken me up until now to decide whether i liked this movie or not. i have decided that i do not. in fact, i almost despise this movie. there are so many things wrong with it, i dont even know where to begin. the ending was completely predictable and a sure sign that this movie was simply made to make more money off of the franchise. coughautomaticsequalcough. they basically disgraced the predators, making them seem much less terrifying, even compassionate! WTF? those were not the predators that Arnold duked it out with many years ago. even the aliens were wussied up a good bit, the only thing that was a challenge was the queen... give me a break! the new "Ripley wannabe" did an OK job, but everyone else just died off with little to no resistence... they didnt even show most of what happend to them.

oh, and Bishop... why the hell was he in this movie? and it doesnt make any sense that he comes back as a synthetic many years in the future now... they have to make a whole new movie just explaining that bullshit. just an excuse to go and make more dough.

there are many other plot holes, like how the area where the pyramid is wasnt flooded at all after all that ice had been melted... or how the Ripley wannabe's arm seems to be impervious to the Aliens acid when shes using its skull as a shield... or how the queen isnt killed instantly when that four hundred bajillion tons of ice comes tumbling down on her... i could go on, but its pointless.

ill give it a couple of points of cool factor, just for having Aliens and Predators in the same movie for once, and then a couple more for the decent acting on the lead characters part.

4/10

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yes, this movie sucked, but i didn't think it was as bad as you made out. in fact, it was surprisingly a whole lot better than i thought it would be.
first of all, the predators aren't really bloodthirsty remorseless creatures. they are simply hunters looking for a challenge. in the first movie the predator wouldn't kill the one guy or the woman because they weren't armed. and in the second one danny glover was surrounded by them in their ship or whatever and they gave him that gun as a gift and let him go. so the fact of a predator "befriending" a human, and even giving one gifts is not all that far fetched.
i will agree with just about everything else that wyote said, however. if you recall, that bishop character came back in the third alien movie as the human being who designed the androids, so it really confuses the hell out of me that he could be in this movie, since alien 3 takes place like hundreds of years or whatever in the future. still, i thought this movie was a million times better than alien ressurrection. what a piece of crap that was.

"You are reading this."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That is too bad, I have not seen it yet and probably will not now... I have seen a string of bad movies and I am getting wary of seeing any more- any one else have the misfortune of seeing van helsing?....
But let me ask this which film did you like better-
Predator or Predator 2?
Alien or Aliens?
both good film series I liked Aliens most of all- a fantastic film, great story great effects, great characters.....
I liked predator 2 over the first although most prefer the the first. I will allways remember the scene when the predator fixes his hand with the funky blue stuff- very cool.
any thoughts...?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i liked Aliens and Predator 1. also, i think Ressurrection was better than AVP, altho it was probably the worst one in the alien series.

you guys should go see Collateral.... its given me some hope after suffering through AVP, Van Helsing, I, Robot and Catwoman

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 36yrs • F •
ravenrogue150 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
well i liked it really.....i think it was good in a way. i dont remember alien being that soft its like a oversize dog i have never seen predator but i was like ergh romance between that woman and him SIK any way its been bugging me if he never died id think shed marry him or sum shit but it sounded a lot better when it was advertized "whoever wins we lose" yer right pred won and well we still lived what a mess they made

""we shall die together bitch""
 35yrs • M •
Gon is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I thought that it was the best film ever! The only thinf I didn't like was the fact that it was all talk and very little action.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The DVD is supposed to be offerring the original R version, the theatre version apparently cut out a whole sub plot too. So I've been waiting for that one.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 33yrs • M •
iii is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
it was good but some of it was shit a say

"willy luck"
AlienVSPredator
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy