Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

End Of The Universe?

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
GKR Warrior is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
End Of The Universe?
I have heard several times before about the theory of the 'Big Crunch'. Meaning that the universe will keep expanding as it is now as a result of the 'Big Bang' theory and eventually will come to a stop and collapse in on itself causing the 'Big Crunch'. This process is said to be reoccuring.
I am keen to see what poeple think about this theory?

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling... but in rising every time we fall..."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The current idea is either a Big Crunch, or a forever expanding universe.

Depending on the mass of the universe and the initial force of the Bang, there will either be a Big Crunch or an infinite expansion.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There's also a theory that everytime as a result of the big crunch, a new big bang takes place. It is also possible that no big crunch takes place and all the matter misses each other.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, I like the idea of things to keep growing. Also, what started the first big bang?

Besides that, I think we do not have to worry about it. For as the age of the universe goes, man kind would have killed itself by then.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 35yrs • M •
what started the big bang? Simple question-difficult answer!
There's also a question of when did the big bang take place, or why didn't it take place earlier. Well, the thing is that as time didn't exist before, so there was only that single moment. there was no 'before' the big bang.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The whole beginning of it breings questions of existence. If the big bang started from the size of the head of a pin, then there was always a universe, just a really small one, so how did that begin? If it was not in the beginning anything at all, then there had to be a cause or an outside force that is not physical.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People need to realise that we can't explain everything.
People keep asking WHY?
Science might give an answer, and they'll ask why again and again forever.

There comes a point when there is no good reason, and the answer is 'so'.

Though if you replace the word 'so', with 'god', people tend to argue less about it.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 50yrs • M •
Blissful Doom is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The unknown factor is always present thwarting the very best efforts of our explanatory existence theorems, things as big as the big bang or the immense pin head event are all to do with molecules atoms massive masses meaurable quanta [?] is the universe just an unending vacuum within which the big bang happened, why are there no theorems about how nothingness or void and light began, is light a shining vacuum or is it denser or lighter than the vacuos darkness?

"Outside the loop of mind existence, a matterless vacuum zyxthanaspiance"
 35yrs • M •
Regarding elementals question, in other words it means that how could the big bang have taken place if there was no universe in which it could take place in. Well, the answer is that 'space' can't be created. For exampe silence only comes into existance when there is sound. Can the emtiness inside your room be created? No, because you can't create nothing. Space can't be created, and it came into existance when matter was created, just like silence comes into existance when sound is created, though that doesn't mean that it did noy exist before sound.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Angel, you say that "space can't be created and it came into existance when matter was created". That seems like a paradox. I think that matter must have needed to be created within space. Without space there would be no matter. Personally I like to think that there was no beginning to the universe and there will be no end- hence a continuity. And the big-bang may have occured but it was an event that occured within a larger universe. So basically there are many smaller universes like ours that exist in cells or bubbles within the big one.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like what angel and summit said....both of them having truth. but the created result...always has substance of the beginning.......so the beginning we're looking for physically is inside the created us..........

"Being is not knowing!"
End Of The Universe?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy