The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity - SirKohl
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Memory

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gothabomber is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Memory
With all that happens in the world, everything which is known or not known by either human or non human perceptions, whether or not something does happen or not. These events and moments must be stored somewhere right? I mean think about it as memory, of everything thats happened. These memorys (A bit wierd but stick with me lol...) if they are what i am saying they are must be stored somewhere, collected in some sort of way which might be able to be broguth back up , read , organized or changed, but enough of the technical stuff. Any takers?????

"everything but never anything"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dunno what your trying to get at, but what I think about memory is that it's just stored in people's brains. What happened in hisotry is stored in books, and what happened that people don't know about is just forgotten or remembered by the people who were there. It's either that people forget or they remember. Maybe it's all complivated or very simple. I don't know.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
neurologically speaking, the human brain contains enough neurons to contain everything it experiences down to the most mundane and intricate detail. like you said, however, the problem arises during the process of retrevial. as for a collective unconscious, it has been theorized both in eastern and wester philosophy. as for any form of empirical proof, though...we got nothing.

"dont got one"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There's no such thing as memory.....there's perception of experience...... you never remember exactly what happened, you make up an image of thought of a previous occurence........The only thing you contain is thought....your thoughts create futures, and recreate events that happened... Memories don't exist, just a wild imagination...

"Being is not knowing!"
Memory
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy