Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get? - daisygirl
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I had an Idea about everything, I think.

User Thread
 47yrs • M •
FPML976 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I had a thought, but I would like to explain a little of the evolution of this thought. I was pondering a concept expressed in Orson Scott Cards 'Ender quintet' the idea of aiúa and the possibility of atoms having a will. I started thinking about what I knew of the behavior of the smallest parts of an atom that I had any knowledge about, proton, neutron, electron. Then I thought about the behavior of individual atoms. While I was thinking about the physical parts of the atom and the atom as a whole I looked for a pattern of behavior within what I know about the subject. Then the idea formed, it seems to me that both the atom and the individual parts of an atom appear to be looking for something, 'Balance'. So I started thinking about this and realized that if each part of an atom is searching for balance then at some point it will be in balance, so there are two states in which all parts of an atom that I know about can be in, either balanced, or looking for balance. Then an atom can only be in either of these two states, then molecule, then on up the chain of complexity. Maybe everything is either in a state of balance or looking for balance? Can everything that exists be formed because something is trying to attain balance, or there was some force that moved something else out of balance and an action was the result? The more complex the structures the more complex the balance that is needed. Simple balance of an electron and proton in an atom to the balances that people look for psychologically to the many chemical balance in the body. Could all action and reaction in the universe be a function of balance? Could the universe have started out as the big bang theory proposed, as a single point, then thrown out of balance by some force, and every thing since then has been an attempt to regain that balance, like throwing a handful of marbles in a bowl if one attains balance another one can knock it back into motion again, could everything in the universe be in this process, but since we have such a small view of the whole we can not see the big picture? I could write all day but I hope I have distilled the main point of the idea. I had many examples that I had thought of that I think give some weight to this like how a wing causes imbalance and the air tries to rebalance, which causes lift, and I believe hydraulics works on this as well. Since I do not know what every little thing considers a balanced state I could just assume that I do not know it. I ask that everyone who reads this with more knowledge and understanding than myself absorb my thoughts here and show me the error in my logic.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Interesting theory, but how can you simply state that the atoms and molecules are looking for balance?
The law of Entropy resembles this balance thing a little bit. The law basically states that entropy(disorder) increases over time. Disorder can't be decreased, only increased.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that protege is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You are right. Atoms seek balance, but this has nothing to do with Will. In actuality, it is governed by the charges of the protons and electrons. Atoms link to create a neutral charge, or trade of electrons to balance with the amount of protons. magnetism is this Will you speak of, this seek of balance, and it proves that everything seeks a neutral state, something with humans have overriden with their sense of morality and right & wrong. Natural things seek neutrality in magnetism.

""In the beginning, Man created God""
 47yrs • M •
FPML976 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Angel: part of my thinking is that this would actually axplain entrepy. I do not mean that everything is looking for balance as in being even, but things are looking for their own balance, and what that is we may or may not know. Could it be that from the way that we see entrepy is just a partial view of the whole?

47yrs • M •
Protege: I agree with you that it is not a "will" as we see it but if some one was to observe osmosis and was ignorant of the cause, they may come to the conclusion that the water had a will to move across the barrier. I am just saying that atoms and other particles "take action" not from a conscious act but to reach some state, and this "action" to reach that state is driven by a universal force or "desire" to be balanced, and what that balance is can be different for each type of particle.

51yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Blissfull doom is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Balance obviously plays a massive part in the structure, or everything would just spin off and fly all over, or would have done from the start. Can everything that exists be formed because something is trying to attain balance? Hmmm its like balance is a condition of everything that exists, or the equilibrium or symmetry would be offset and chaotic, so its as though that something does attain balance, and that balance is an inherent quality, thats one of the most inexplicable things I think. The balance factor is an in-escapable factor that all the particles planets etc. are chained to by the various forces.

[  Edited by Blissfull doom at   ]
 35yrs • M •
Well, molecules, galaxies are all 'looking' for balance becasue of gravity

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that uneasy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

Organization comes before chaos. Just as things seem to be balanced and cyclical, maybe you are right with your theory and we're all heading towards one organized "being" or force or whatever, but will eventually go into chaos once again.

A book by Scott Adams, called "Gods' debris", talks about how, if you keep breaking atoms and its parts down more and more, you eventually come down to something he's labeled God dust. This God dust, he proposes, is slowly coming together to form God once again.

Good stuff.

35yrs • M •
And what is this 'God's dust' made up of?
Its pretty stuipid. I mean, I can say a lot of things more interesting then that staright from my imajination. You have to have atleast some scientific evidence or logic.
I dont think he meant we are going towards some being or something

47yrs • M •
Angel: could gravity be an effect of the universe as a whole attempting to return to its state of balance before the "Big Bang"? Gravity gets stronger with more mass correct? This runs contrary to what we would perceive to be a "balance" but maybe the scope of what we observe is not large enough.

35yrs • M •
Yeah, if mass increases in the universe, then gravity may balance things out, but it's the same thing anyway, just a different defination. If there was no gravity, there'd probably no Universe, or if it there was a universe, it would be in chaos.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
nice FMPML 976.. i was thinking how everything balances out automaticly,.. and your mentioning of some non human examples supports it... you can call it "will" if you want or something happeniong wether it knws it or not.. like we humans always try to adress the other side that we dont feel is adressed.. mabey were not thinking about balance buat at the same time were participating in balance wether we realize it or not.. "too much of anything" perfect expresion we never are one thing really (mabey in a limited time period) and come back in cycle... when theres too muxch ex: ciolence theres always the other side adressing the problem.. and there is always the "negative" side ex: violence hate etc... cops robbers.. crime + other side co existing.. wether its an individual person or a society as a whole there comes a time when stimulation or whatver feels good stands out (something considered "negative" like to attack verbally orr physicly etc inflict somone.. and as ciolence heats up ther comes a time when it feels good (relief) to calm down.. the need for that balance takes place.. and then agn cycle continues when too little of that stuff things are boring or whatever and reasno to stimulate "negativity" again... chek it out with thunder storms and blu sky... tension builds up violense but it rerasleased the tension then clears up... but then again cycle continues... a million other example i baet.. i hope people will contribute naoe exapmles/g

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 47yrs • M •
I think what I am trying to get at is that maybe every action whether it be a cell dividing, or atoms coming together to form proteins, or a star collapsing into a black hole, all have a common "force" that is behind it. This "force" is either trying to attain balance, or is a reaction to being knocked out of balance, and every action no matter what it is, is a function of this. Does anybody see where I am coming from, or am I just way out there?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that UnderDawg is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So pretty much you are saying all religions are wrong, and Star Wars is the actual truth...

"My drum skills > Your drum skills"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Out there.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy