Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i have always considered myself a "fan" of the harry potter series. i have yet to read any of the books but i have enjoyed each one of the movies and this one was no different.

this movie had a very different tone and overall feel to it, very seperate from the first two. i think this is partly due to the new director, but also due to the increasingly dark direction that the series seems to go in.

i would even go so far as to say that this movie may not be appropriate for young ones who have been fans of the previous movies. parents may be shocked at how dark its gotten, and how dark its going to get.

8/10

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that anchises868 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
LOL. The books are awesome, and the movies are good, too. I'd give this one 8.5/10.

But if you're concerned about how dark it's getting, I wouldn't read the fifth book. Teenage angst (which Rowling writes really well) plus the new rise of the dark wizards and witches gives it a MUCH different tone than the first couple of books.

--kev

"“My idea of an agreeable person is a person who agrees with me.” –Benjamin Disraeli"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i am not personally concerned. i am actually very happy with the direction it is going. i am however concerned for the little kiddos who saw the first two movies with their parents... and their ignorant parents thinking that the coming movies will be just as bright and jovial as the first.

i think the word is pretty much out about how dark they get though... so hopefully it isnt a shock for anyone.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy