Love is like fire. When you have it lit, it's warm, and mesmerizing. If you suddenly thrust your hand in it burns. But when the fire's out you are left cold, and wishing for it to come back. - Christina Marie Power (myself)
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Don't let people tell you what to do

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
dragon slayre is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Our world is based upon rules, who makes the rules? how do we know the rules? why do we feel guilty?
What are the real rules in life? physics contains a set of rules that things obey, where do we get ours from?

"You wouldn't exist without me -myself"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good questions. I too had once "Turned The Inside Out" and asked the same questions. But you can't live by yourself in a cave in a mountain all by yourself. You're going to have to follow rules. But those rules do not determine your essence, just your wit.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The rules come from men that want to rule other men. (I use the term men lightly here ladies.)

One word : Power

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hm, ever hear the old saying ' Good enough for government work' or 'Hey, I can't see it from my house!'. Is it really alright to steal from the government, after all they steal from you?
How about 'rules are made to be broken', if we hear them often, we come to accept them as the truth or is it the truth in them which we see?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 205yrs • M •
::F34L3SS:: is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Take dark city 4 instance , The rules were built around Mr.Murdock and the rest of the poplation so the starngers could learn , they alterd and swiched the memories around to find what made humans tick this could be true but rules can be brocken , man made rules neway but rules of nature are a diferent story all together if it is "real".I think deja vu is a bent rule of phisics a memorie that canot b earased .

"ignorance is bliss"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that timemachine is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Rules come from someone who can enforce them. Our government has an army that can enforce our laws. If someone came along **** say I was just sick and tired of paying taxes and I set out to find people like me that wanted to change a few things. If I found enough people to support my ambitions and the amount was higher than any army and the strenghth over barred them. I could make the rules. I could make the old men that are diteriating in office from doing nothing and collecting my money for it, mow my yard in a mini-skirt , b/c I could enforce it.

51yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Blissfull doom is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good subject, if you break the rules of existence then you could set of a catastrophe or just implode the world, mad scientists beware, rules and commandments written in stone have played a big part for 100's of years no doubt, when tyrants start trying to enforce rules that we deem in-humane we rise against them, people have been killed as heretics or witches because of a set of religious "rules", so if they are extreme either way no one likes them, peoples ives and the things that happen to them as in order of events etc. must be hard to reconcile with rules, car clamped and towed off whilst visiting dying relative, what about people that beak the rules and then pay thousands to a lawyer and walk away scot free, man was reared from his errors, and he made a new rule after each error until he had a collection of common sense rules, we need taxes even though it seems terrible, if you have followed the rules and terrible things happen to you do you feel justified in breaking the rules, what do rules mean at a time like that? Deja-vu hmm is it because you dreamt of the situation or setting that is why you feel like youve been there before, maybe we get bursts of the future in transmissions in image sense,

72yrs • M •
Ever wonder who made the rules you live your life in accord to,
but then it doesn't really matter.
They are the rulers that rule over us so just accept injustice because
it is only injustice in your mind, not those who rule.

80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Don't be so quick to say that the 'rulers' don't think they are unjust. I've seen too many cases where people know exactly what they are doing yet do it anyway. Power means you can be unjust, know it, and revel in it.

"I did it because I could." William Jefferson Clinton

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 72yrs • M •
or GW bush

35yrs • M •
Unreal22 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I was talking to my friend the other day about something similar to this topic [maturity]. Rules (and i think this can also go for maturity) are set within ones mind. we follow rules everyday, we are told them yet in our heads agree to them, we can brake them yet there are things that it can cause (beings shot). So to wrap up, we are run by rules that we set in our own minds, we have free will and can choose our own rules. They may get in the way of what another [more powerful] person may like though. Not sure if that got anywhere but im sure some of you can play with it

"Words dont matter unless we make them matter."
 72yrs • M •
ah . . h, we come to consquence. We are given a choice, because their is consquences for those actions.
Do we conform to a general consenual agreement
if not contract imposed by the relationship?
Does the government serve the people, is not the rule of those governed by mutual consent formed?
Do those governed have the right {freedom} to disclosure to verify to those governed?
Are these essential to form a democracy based upon the rights of the people?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think the thing with rules is that we need them. We set rules for ourselves and some try to impose theirs on others. Without rules, there would be chaos, everyone doing what they please, which is provoked by human instinct, which for most part always led to bad consequences. I think the basis of rules come from God. Like morally, we know not to steal or kill other people, becuase God said not to when He made the 10 commandments, and with those rules, we incoporate them into our own way of life while making some other rules according to them.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy