Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Welcome to "Atheist vs. God". Join the s

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
irichc is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Atheists often present themselves as rational and unprejudiced people. I think this is only a mask of their deep bigotry and hatefulness against anyone who thinks in a different way, say, theists or agnostics. For that reason I'm inclined to call them the Materialist Inquisition, although they are more inquisitorial (**) than materialist, and more emotional than scientific.

Well, a few weeks ago I joined "Atheist vs. God". I detected their hostility at first sight, but I pretended to ignore it for the sake of further discussions. However, someone in that community pushed it too far and forced me into a kafkian process as follows:

1) Otto accuses me of plagiarism without any valid proof.

2) I energically deny the charges.

3) Adrian, Sinbad, ASeaOfSins, Sirplus1 and WD join the accusation, being many of them well known for their responsabilities in the message board. Their only argument against me is they trust Otto.

4) I repeatedly prove them that Otto's plot -which he kept changing all the time- is wrong and malicious.

5) Now, although nobody has retracted, only Otto and Adrian maintain the accusation. Plus, two of Otto's comrades, Jon and drmcf, seem to give credibility to my claims:

quote:
Let's assume for the moment you're telling the truth, irichc (Jon).

I understand your anger... if you are correct, but I don't think you are seeing things from Otto's perspective (drmcf).

Nevertheless, they don't dare to blame Otto's temerity.

6) So I give Otto an ultimatum: if he doesn't apologize in time, I will spread the thread containing his false accusations.

7) Otto hasn't apologized yet.

8) Administrators have banned me unfairly.

Please, to check the veracity of my version, read this thread from message #5:

http://groups.msn.com/AtheistVSGod/general.msnw?action=get_message&I
D_Message=157869&ShowDelete=0&CDir=-2

And particularly:

http://groups.msn.com/AtheistVSGod/general.msnw?action=get_message&I
D_Message=158058&ShowDelete=0&CDir=-2

Greetings.

Daniel.

(**) inquisitorial - especially indicating a form of prosecution in which proceedings are secret and the accused is questioned by a prosecutor who acts also as the judge.

61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that imn2caves is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Venting, ain't it good for the soul.

Never generalize any group because that is irrational and prejudice. You don't know me so you can't say I'm "against anyone who thinks in a different way." Everyone has a right to their opinion and no opinion is perfect, not even mine.

I viewed your links. The one thing that stuck out is the name calling. A healthy debate does not stoop to this level. I'd be happy to debate you, but no name calling please.

"No one died when Clinton lied!"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
caves, i only looked at one link then link from there to another page? The only thing I could do was question shat were they argueing? I did find some accusations about use of others work but as it was used evidently to show the support of the athor's stance. Anyway it was confusion at best.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 61yrs • M •
[Anyway it was confusion at best.]

I know. The best I could do was to assume who was on what side of the issue. I couldn't find the original discussion.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
TO: irichc,.. atheists can just the same say that religious people are hostile in not wanting to accept that there isnt a god!!

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that patape is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I gues im (currently outside expressing) am an athiest, and i dont "hate people with different views", you just made an image of people who believe in god as ignorant.. besides i do wish there was a "god" of whats generally describerd of him who sends us to heaven and makes us feel confident ec... who wouldnt want to go to heaven?? i wouldnt mind!! so im just thinking logicly that its us as humans who created this image and concept of god,
you cant argue back to mwe and say i "dont like god believers cause i dont like or want trheir view!!

"no quote until i copyright it.."
 72yrs • M •
I have belief in spirit & God's existence, but what others believe is up to them.
I will debate with others about it as I would other beliefs to which people subscribe but I have no desire to force others to do these things.
I only wish that they felt & acted that way about my beliefs & view my right to live my life the way I choose to do.

61yrs • M •
[I will debate with others about it as I would other beliefs to which people subscribe but I have no desire to force others to do these things.]

I will debate only when they justify at the expense of others, history or political affiliations. I will not debate opinions simply because what right do I have to tell you what to believe or that your belief is incorrect.

I believe I'll have another beer. That is my belief.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is a hostility between believers and non believers. But I believe this all stems from having a closed mind. There are believers who believe they have the truth and have to teach us, while there are non believers who believe they are the more rational and have to try to prove it to us.

As a believer I do not understand non believers and can't honestly believe that they don't believe, and just can't see how you can't.

However being open minded I would guess that a true non believer cannot understand how we can believe. From their communications I gather that they are equaly confused about us as we are them.

I don't believe a believer can teach a non believer. That's something you have to discover on your own. However, you're are not going to prove to a believer that there is no god.

When you are young you believe everyone should see things as you do, but when you get older you realize why everybody sees thins differently and except that.

Because I believe in God I am not threatoned by non believers. Because I believe that God will take all of us as if we were a ball of clay and make us unto himself, I fear that the non believer will perish, but like myself, will live on. The non believer is only a challange to those who are not sure of their faith. And likewise a non believe who continues to challange a believer, is only looking for proof and is not a threat.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 61yrs • M •
[There is a hostility between believers and non believers.]

Really? Again, never generalize anyone. I'm not hostile to you, you're an OK guy.

My reasons for being an atheist are various and occured over the course of my life. I wasn't born this way, nor were you born a believer. Someone sent you (and I) to church and taught us about religion. Shortly after that our logical thinking took seperate paths. Again, neither is perfect.

Why am I an atheist? History, or at least my interpretation of it. There are other reasons but I'll just leave it at this for now.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Danny123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hi. I'm and atheist and I believe in god. I'll explain if anyone's is really interested.

I think we have some really open minded people here

72yrs • M •
Interesting statement how can one not believe in a GOD
and yet beleive there is a GOD?
So how do you define GOD?

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that l2 () l3 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes, please do explain that Danny123. I think that's kind of an oxymoron to be an atheist yet believe in GOD since an atheist is someone who does not believe in GOD.

"Life is just one damned thing after another."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I too am interested in this seemingly wild statement...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Danny123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok, Sorry, it is really just a question of definitions. But let me explain anyway.
An analogy: If you switch on the light what do you see? Some people say its an electro-magnetic wave, some say it's a particle of energy and some don't try to define it, they just experience a sensation of light.
And in the same way, those who switch on to people like Christ might also see a light. The light delivers us from the darkness of delusion into the sight of wisdom and the warmth of love. Some people will say it's due to this god or that god and some don't try to define it, they just experience a sensation of light.

1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy