You can't truly see the connections between things so how do you truly know they exist? - gothabomber
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Right or wrong.... - Page 20

User Thread
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont like the way my feeling bad for her feels, so no. i wouldnt.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So then you could judge that particular activity as unacceptable

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 35yrs • M
no. i would judge that activity as something that brings a feeling that i do not particularly enjoy. that is all. i do not know if that is a necesary feeling or not. i try to avoid it, because i dont care if i need it or not. i dont like it. that is how i would judge it. as something that does not feel good. and i accept that it does not feel good. i accept that there are some things in this world that i wont/dont like. i dont pretend that they should not be, because i just say so. im not that selfish. are you?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you had feelings for other people then you would not want them to feel bad also, or do you think you are so unique that it would only make you feel bad and therefore other people should experience it?

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
i feel emotionally for that view as well.. but when i think of how we discrimnate against (kill with no conseequences) a fly or whatever i feel revengful and sometimes wish the death and or torture of humans in reaction to our behaviour to non=human living things such as flies..
Right we should all become vaggans (strict veggetarians . . . no wait we still take life to survive, we should only eat the frui of trees but then that is only taking life while still in the womb so to speak?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M
of course i wouldnt.

35yrs • F •
Taiyondae is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
HOLD UP! I need to preach! (note: im over dramatic so take no offense) WELL...some of you dont even believe in the God/Bible etc....But God said what was right and what was wrong. If something hurts people or goes against what God says ITS WRONG!! Like being gay...thats nasty and ppl try to cover it up by saying they were born that way! Thats WRONG! NO ONE IS BORN GAY! Gay is a lusting desire! gays dont love they lust! Soon the population is going to decrease because of this Sin, and America is basically allowing it. I feel sorry for any nation that stands against God, thats why 911 happened!...NOTE: SO I have been told. so take no offence

"Stupidity is not a virus, but idiots can spread it like one."
[  Edited by Taiyondae at   ]
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok now im allowed to be an ass. Why do you keep refrencing our national tradgedy as supposed proff that homosexuality is wrong. If I didnt know better id say you were a clone of president Bush since you are sounding just like him in using a huge loss of life to promote a ideaslistk (sorry for bad spelling) agenda that promotes christianity as the supperior way of life. I would help you there Awakend but im having a hard time figureing out what you meant with that last post.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 35yrs • F •
Fallen Angel is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If we don't believe in god or your god telling us what he said will not change any opinions. I find it highly amusing that you say that if it hurts someone that it is wrong. Words are just as powerful as a gun, and what you say about people that happen to be gay might hurt some of them and yet it is apparently against gods will for people to be gay, so therefore what you're saying is rather contradicting as far as I'm concerned.

Plus aren't there countries that are becoming overpopulated? So I don't think we need to fear the death of the human race anytime soon and especially not do to people being gay. And excuse of America for being somewhat tolerant and not completely biased.

Also I believe that scientists are on their way to proving that being gay isn't a choice, that they were born that way. And I find it rather amusing that you wish for gays to not have rights that as human beings they should have, such as marriage. I mean it's the same as denying someone the rights they deserve because of race or even because they have glasses. It's just so silly. It seems to me that people against gays are just scared because they do not understand, fear of the unknown, and find any reason religion included to shield them.

Furthermore if what you're going to say you feel is going to be taken in an offensive way but you don't want people to take offense than don't say it. If you still wish to say what you feel, because everyone is free to their own opinion, than have a little backbone. I am sorry if this is deemed as mean but it is my opinion.

This also brings up a question for me. If the bible says that gays are wrong and sinful and you believe that than what are your beliefs on evolution?

35yrs • M
Damn this is an old thread, and my favorite by the way.

Tai-
quote:
WELL...some of you dont even believe in the God/Bible etc....But God said what was right and what was wrong

It is very important for you to understand with talking to someone that you talk to them so that THEY understand you because YOU are trying to get a point across. If I tell you that I dont believe in God, if yuo want me to consider the things you are saying to be truthful, which is what your goal clearly was here, then you must, for the sake of credibility in your claims, prove to me beyond my reasonable doubt that the basis for your claims are solid and prove to be pertinant to the subject. You did not do this. This is what you did. I said, "I don't beleive in God." You said, "Well I'm right and you're wrong. Nananana booboo." I understand that you may not, and in a very non-offensive and non-insulting way, are more than likely not fully aware of how to effectivly get your point across. But I am telling you that the best way for you to do this is to talk to me on a credible level.

So when your basis for these claims is that God says so, you must either prove to me that God is real, or admit that you don't have a leg to stand on. In humility ofcourse, not defeat. I am only trying to help you get your point across in a manner that I will understand.

quote:
NO ONE IS BORN GAY!

See, here is where you tried to make sure that your point got across. The point you were trying to get across was that no one is born gay. But instead of giving real hard evidence and instead of using tangible reason and logic, you typed in capital letters and you put an exclamation mark. That didnt help your case at all, if anything, it made you sound like a rambling idiot. Next time, instead of yelling and getting forceful, use reason and logic to back yourself up. Then people will start to listen t you better, which means that you will be able to spread the word of God more effectivly.

quote:
Soon the population is going to decrease because of this Sin, and America is basically allowing it.

This is something else that annoyed me with your post. You just made a very very very ridiculous claim, and then said nothing else and expected us to accept that as truth. It is litterally pointless to do something like this, because it litterally gets you no where.

quote:
I feel sorry for any nation that stands against God, thats why 911 happened!

Please elaborate on this.

Fallen Angel- Though I appreciate your effort and your clear headed thinking, like I said, this is one of my favorite threads and a question like that would take it off topic. This is about right and wrong, not the intelligence of other members of this site.

72yrs • M •
Please elaborate on this.
quote:
HOLD UP! I need to preach! (note: I'm over dramatic so take no offense)
WELL...some of you don't even believe in the God/Bible etc....But God said what was right and what was wrong.
If something hurts people or goes against what God says ITS WRONG!!

Hmm . . . seems to have an open kettle so to speak? The statement is that 'GOD teaches the truth' or that 'GOD is the truth'? Does the Bible contain the truth or is it man's wisdom (folly) dressed upped {charades}as being 'Scared'?
quote:
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/23985/18/right_or_wrong.htm
etherealmeekle
5:34:14 pm – October 05, 2005
judging is not an evil just necessary.

Hmm . . . well like you said I too find it nice to go through this old thread! From reading these post I we accept that some judgments are necessary but the aspect of whose judgments {sense of right & wrong} should we conform too?

72yrs • M •
quote:
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/23985/right_or_wrong.htm
Wyote
7:08:56 am – May 18, 2004
murder is always "wrong,"
those other things that are being spoken about are simply justifications for doing the "wrong" thing.
you cant say "murder is right" under any circumstance. the actual act of murder is always wrong,
anything that is tacked on to the sentence "murder is right" is simply a justification for murder,
it doesn't somehow make murder "right."

how about torture?
you can say "torture is right...IF....." but never just "torture is right" because torture in itself is always wrong.
i may be wrong. if i am, please explain?

So I would point out to you a truth in the teaching of the Bible?
Several instances I have point out the reference in the N.T., a slave had run away from his master & going into a far city, he took up with some Christians or had been converted to one as a slave?
Now, this became a problem as the man had ran away from his owner, who it seems to have been Christian as well? What resulted was the those party to the slaves plight brought it to the knowledge or awareness of those given charge. Who witness the truth to the owner of the slave, who had given faith to another (Jesus) & therefore were brothers of equal status before GOD. Note that force was not used to pursue any course of action rather a common sense of righteousness prevailed?
quote:
So what does that have to do with today's world & the situation presented in this thread we form our judgments On?
the Constitution & the Bill of Rights holds that these are God given rights to man.{Hmm ... right or responsibility?} So note that although these were accepted as man's rights did not extend those rights to all people but rather to a class {citizens or property owners}of people?
We know has been over a hundred years to form into an accepted status of all men {& women}, but with blood, civil war, etc before government stood by it's {promised mission} authority? Let alone another hundred years to find general acceptance of most of the populace?
So we are still fighting against . . . 'GOD's Truth'?
quote:
It is very important for you to understand with talking to someone that you talk to them so that THEY understand you because YOU are trying to get a point across. If I tell you that I don't believe in God, if you want me to consider the things you are saying to be truthful, which is what your goal clearly was here, then you must, for the sake of credibility in your claims, prove to me beyond my reasonable doubt that the basis for your claims are solid and prove to be pertinent to the subject. Did I not do this?
Oh as Wyote pointed out torture then doesn't the rights of the accused just as much a universal right of mankind, not the right of citizenship? Yet we still have those {Bushites}whom feel they have the right to with hold those rights for the privileged few!

35yrs • M
"Oh as Wyote pointed out torture then doesn't the rights of the accused just as much a universal right of mankind, not the right of citizenship? Yet we still have those {Bushites}whom feel they have the right to with hold those rights for the privileged few!"

I'm sorry, but I didnt see how that was related to the qoute. Could you connect it a different way please.

39yrs • M •
eightball365 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
We all individually put a price of everything. It all boils down to supply and demand. Things that are more scarce have a higher price. If we all had 50 lives murder wouldn't be such a serious crime. The problem in morals is usually a problem in comparisons. You can't compare an amount of money to a human life just like you can't compare an apple to an orange. An individual must make the distinction as to which is more valuable. If you were to kill someone, you would probably have something to gain from it. But the definition of kill is to take away a life, so in order to gain from the act of killing something, you would have to rob anything that that something meant something to. It's selfishness, a trait that humans deem is wrong, which is why murder is wrong. To figure out if something is right or wrong, we have to trace the situation back to its most simplistic nature and ask ourselves whether we like or dislike the trait, quality, category etc.

72yrs • M •
Ah, I guess so I will try. Americans were taught the Ideal of Human Rights which were put forth as being the basic reason (justification) for the War of Independence . . . While the desire to be free certainly played its role in our seeking & forming this nation, we find that they didn't extend those rights to others (slaves, conscript servants, etc). So taking Wyote's statement as relating to the long term imprisonment without charges or trail lead to the situations which resulted to torture of prisoners. The present administration has worked hard to promote the idea that "terrorist' aren't worthy of any such rights. If they were soldiers of a traditional army then we accept POW camps till the end of such warfare. But even in conventional warfare had citizens which faced charges & therfore brought to trail. Granted many trails were a sham but they at least they were charged & convicted presumably on evidence.
Most of those being held by us are held leading to cruel or usual punishment (torture) to extract information without consideration of the basic human rights.
If we truely believe in the rights of the individual then we would extend that right to all, not allowing prejudice to overshadow rights of the individual by the individual person or our adversion to the acts of those individuals . . .
But then you are supposed to be so outraged & unthinking in your commitment to war that indiviuals rights are acceptable offerings to maintain national security...

Right or wrong.... - Page 20
  12    13    14    15    16    17    18    19    20  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy