Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Religion has history - Page 4

User Thread
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To follow Jesus is to follow His Father.

The Mosaic law had come to pass with Christ, but God's laws never wavered.
This would include all that was from the beginning.
jesus came to teach the WORD of God.

God GAVE MANKIND WAR OVER EVIL NATIONS....and that has not changed.
So, although war worries me, and it lurches in the pitt of my stomach....ti must be.
Because the Lord wants it.

IT would not have occured....if it were NOT for God allowing mankind to wage war.

Now, understand something, you seem to repeatedly ignore okcity....the ppl of IRAQ want this war, they want their freedoms....
YOU are whining about a war that thye desire to free them.
YOU are against the ppl of Iraq.

The biggest surprise is that CNN.....of all stations in all of media history...actually did a special report on the happy Iraqi's, and the destruction of Saddam's state, that they all cheered at!

Incidently, let me just say, the Iraqi's you point out that have died, have been at a majority.....done by terorrists....and NOT at the hands of Americans.

However, THE IRAQI ppl are ready, and want the freedoms....

IT IS THE TERRORISTS who STILL FIGHT!!!!

This is a war about TERRORISM. I wish you could comprehend the differences. You protests the unfairness of this war, but it's not your butt living the way they have been tormented for 30 years to live like.

Get the facts, m'love, and then preach about what is actually happening there.

War is punishment.....
Lev 26; 24
Duet 28; 36-49
Judges 2; 13, 3; 1-8, 4; 1, 6; 1, 10; 6, 13; 1
Isa 5; 25
Jer 5; 15

Jer 5; 19 And you shall say; Why hath the Lord our God done these things to us? thou shalt say to them; As you have forsaken me, and served a strange god in your own land, so shall you serve strangers in a land that is not your own.

Also remember when Jesus said...Those who live by the sword shall die by the sword...?

What has Saddam, and the terrorists done thus far??
They killed...whether it be children....as Saddam has done, or civilians as the terorrists have done...they have killed!!

NOW God...is returning the chastisement....upon the nation.

Therefore, I truly believe that this is a time of retribution.
I wish it never did come to this...but He did say they who use the sword...or any way to kill...will die by the sword...or any way used.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Now, understand something, you seem to repeatedly ignore okcity....the ppl of IRAQ want this war, they want their freedoms....
YOU are whining about a war that thye desire to free them.
YOU are against the ppl of Iraq.

Your opinion - let me quote an Iraqi

quote:

"In a written statement the Pentagon said last night: "Our report is that this was not a wedding party, that these were anti-coalition forces that fired first..."

No. Of course not- it couldn't have been a wedding party. It was a resistance cell of women and children (one deviously dressed in a wedding gown!). It wasn't a wedding party just as mosques aren't mosques and hospitals are never hospitals when they are bombed. Celebrating women and children are not civilians. 'Contractors' traveling with the American army to torture and kill Iraqis ARE civilians. CIA personnel are 'civilians' and the people who planned and executed the war are all civilians. We're not civilians- we are insurgents, criminals and potential collateral damage. Check out mykeru.com to read some thought-provoking commentary on the whole sadistic incident.

From Bagdad Burning Blog

http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/

Iriqis are very happy with there new government even though the White House dissaproved.

I really am getting tired of your insults. I very much care about the Iraqi people, our soldiers, and I love my country. God knows, God is my judge who sees in my heart. What you say about others is the truth about yourself. As you judge so shall you be judged.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that imn2caves is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
[This is a war about TERRORISM.]

Patrish, you don't seem to understand the roots of the Iraq war. It had nothing to do with terrorism. The war with the Taliban and Afghanistan was warranted, but this war is a seperate issue all together.

Rumsfeld himself said on several occasions that Iraq posed an "immenent threat" to the US and our allies. Bush himself claimed repeatedly that Iraq had WMD's capable of terrible destruction. Then in midstream, the reason for attacking turned to regime change. Then it became a crusade to be democracy to Iraq.

No one in the Bush administration has been able to connect the terrorists of 9/11, or any organization to Iraq. What people like you will say is 'see, there are terrorists in Iraq'. Well duh, there are now!!!!

"No one died when Clinton lied!"
 80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Very nice ^^^^^^^^, imn2caves.
I agree.

There seems to be a real problem with Americans understanding our written right to voice our differences. Does opposing any movement made our government make us un-American? If so, what were the Republicans under Clinton and the Democrats under Bush? Open debate, and the ability to stand-up and say NO is what many of you say we are trying to force down the throats of ALL Iraqis. Some may want it. Some may not. Does that give the US the right to invade? Even if Saddam was the worst leader in the world, does that give the US the right to invade? Where in OUR constitution do you find that right?
I can hear you now, "But he...", "He had...", and "He supported...".
So did, do, and will we!
Just because we can, doesn't mean we have to.
I always liked Nixon's 'fessing-up' to the American public in 1970 or so. He told the Americans that our troups had entered into Laos and Cambodia. I was sent there in 1962.

As long as we Americans allow the government to hide things from us and to lie to us we will be in shooting wars forever. We allow it. We vote for it. We send representatives to Washington D.C. to do it for us. We put the President above the law as long as we can't find 'criminal' activity. Breaking into the opposing party's headquarters is criminal. Invading another country isn't. Something is skewed. I think we've all been skewed (sp?) by our elected officials.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
To follow Jesus is to follow His Father.

The Mosaic law had come to pass with Christ, but God's laws never wavered.
This would include all that was from the beginning.
jesus came to teach the WORD of God.
God GAVE MANKIND WAR OVER EVIL NATIONS....and that has not changed.
So, although war worries me, and it lurches in the pitt of my stomach....ti must be.
Because the Lord wants it.

Again you gotten things askew,
'To know Jesus is to know the Father'
Mosaic Law was given to (know) convict the people (children) of right from wrong. It contained durectives on what to eat, when to work & to rest, social, religious & governing functions.
Christ came to fulfill the Law by living the Way. If you want to abide in the Law of Mose then go & become a Jew.
If is intend tolive under the Law of Christ then follow (adhere) to the Law of Love!
Jesus never taught taking of human life! Loving your brother, doesn't include war! The Catholic Church isn't justified by Christ to kill others not during the crusades nor today.
But as you love to quote from the Old Testament " Vengence is mine says the Lord Thy GOD." As the OT teaches that God used other nations to bring Israel to repentance, only to fall themselves. Then you know GOD's Will be done in accordance with what nations have stored up for themselves.
Need I add that from the beginning (we) this nation has quite a store house full of woe-be it, from our aggression (taking lands of the natives inhabitants) to our agression upon foreign nations?
WWII was the was justifiable war in which we fought. But note that we were making money by staying out it & supplying goods to those nations which we were allied too?
War is good for economic prosperity, but hell on humanity.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
We're way off subject, but - oh well.

quote:
Breaking into the opposing party's headquarters is criminal. Invading another country isn't. Something is skewed. I think we've all been skewed (sp?) by our elected officials.

I never could understand that Watergate thing. Surely this president has broken a hundred laws and still acts like he's the all American savior of the American way. A lot of conservatives are now pretending like they don't know him. : /

64yrs • M •
Back to the subject

quote:
If is intend tolive under the Law of Christ then follow (adhere) to the Law of Love!
Jesus never taught taking of human life! Loving your brother, doesn't include war!

Just because Jesus said that there would be wars and rumor of wars does not mean he supported killing and wars. He taught us to pray "let it be on earth as it in heaven." If there are wars in heaven, I don't want to go there. Just because it may be impossible, it is the effort that makes us the better person.

and imn2caves - thanks again for explaining that the war in Iraq and the war on terror are not the same wars. I do read all of your posts here, and thou I may dissagree some - I do not mean to insult you.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Just because Jesus said that there would be wars and rumor of wars does not mean he supported killing and wars. He taught us to pray "let it be on earth as it in heaven."
If there are wars in heaven, I don't want to go there.
Just because it may be impossible, it is the effort that makes us the better person.
I think the bible says there was war but GOd dealt with it by exiling the offending parties to this world. Well, that would be one way to end the feuding at least in His Realm! Sure does produce a lot of Hell in our existence.
Don't understand why people want to make life into a 'living hell' the way we do. Live & let Live, so why do these people think they have the right to play 'lil tin god'?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
The war in heaven. I thought about that after I made my post. I didn't know if anyone would catch that. I agree, that's what we are here for. We were a waring spirit sent here to learn to live in peace. We're not very good at it are we?

61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that imn2caves is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
[and imn2caves - thanks again for explaining that the war in Iraq and the war on terror are not the same wars. I do read all of your posts here, and thou I may dissagree some - I do not mean to insult you.]

OK, you're ok. It takes alot for me to be insulted.

"No one died when Clinton lied!"
Religion has history - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy