Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Do you smoke? - Page 2

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
more so even, Patrish. i am pretty sure it has something to do with an emotional attatchement to them more than a physical addiction, i could be wrong tho, but i have friends who have done every drug under the sun and then quit cold turkey... every single one, except ciggs.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ya, dunno why children think it's cool. Its probably because of two things. Firslty, u know how forbidden fruit tastes the best....
Secondly, we can thank our entertainment induustry, where smoking is promoted as 'macho'.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
nicatine beats most drugs in its addictive potential.
Lucky us it is not as potentially as dangerous (harmful effect).

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dunno that I can agree with that cturtle....I know people that have been addicted to speed there whole life (practicaly) and the ones I know that smoke seem to have worse hell then them, so it might not be that far from the other end of the scale (no pun intended).

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 72yrs • M •
you may be right, wesdawg but just the same caffine and nicotiene are highly additive (drugs) chemical compounds and you con over dose on them, but we seldom think of them as drugs (like alcohol) because they are common usage.

58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Angel you are so very right. I mean look at all the people that can not get going in the morning without having a couple cups of coffee or better yet can not sleep without having a large coke or pepsi. I actually have a friend that will wake up in the middle of the night and have to have a coke so she can go back to sleep.

Dugs no matter legal or not can be anything.

The smoking thing is something I quit thank God, but it was more of have to and not want to. I have three kids that smoke and I know that it is because they grew up seeing me smoke. I wish that there was a way that we could make them understand that it is not cool and that death is inevitable without the help of cigs.

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i know im addicted to caffine, my head hurts right now in fact, because i have not had any today. i sound just as bad as my smoking friends when i say "today is the last day i drink caffine" and then of course it never happens.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 58yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that cowgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I completely understand the whole being addicted to caffiene Wyote. I get up and come to work then have a cup or two of coffee. Then on weekends when and where I don't drink it first thing in the morning I wonder why I shake and have headaches.

I guess that it is better then being addicted to some of the other things out there though.

"Life is like a box of chocolate you never know what you will get!"
 72yrs • M •
quote:
I actually have a friend that will wake up in the middle of the night and have to have a coke so she can go back to sleep.

Sounds like so of those cold meicines where to some it acts as a sedative to others an upper.
Love my coffee, actually I should use the spanish cafe', used to work with a guy who started his day with coke. On the way to work we would make a pit stop for caffine boost, me & my coffee and him & his 32oz. bottle of coke.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, I'm one of those addicted to caffiene, trying to drop Pepsi completely off, and still drinking Iced Tea with caffeine.
I usually drink something with caffeine in the morning when I wake up, and all day and night otherwise I get headaches.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 72yrs • M •
You said it, I grew up drinking ice tea not cokes. Still drink over a gallon or 2 aday?

37yrs • M •
GKR Warrior is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I would have to agree in both cases...
Caffine is quite addictive and i dont know where i would be without that morning coffee to get up and moving for the new day...
Likewise I used to smoke and did not find it particularily cool as most people imagine but rather, like patrish said, found it very satisfying/disatisfying at the same time... while i enjoyed every smoke i had at the same time i was irritated by the fact that i did enjoy it so much...
If that makes sence?

"Our greatest glory consists not in never falling... but in rising every time we fall..."
 30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that tummy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
oh silhouettedevil, I started smoking a year ago(I am 19 now). and although I know it's bad for me, it helps me through the really tough times I have been going through.

I started smoking when I moved to Italy and was forced into a mental institution for about a week.

In the institutions here in Italy they allow smoking, all the while I was there the nurses kept me drugged up on lots of valium to the point where I was high for a good week straight. I never would have tried cigarettes if not for another crazy dude there, that I got along with. He gave me a cigarette after deciding that I was a giant hornet and only wanted to help him kill the killer mosquitos that were after him.

So after that week I had gone through a good 6 packs (all free, thanks to my new friend) Was strange at first but now I like to just kick back and enjoy a nice long drag.

I know this is irrelevant but that crazy dude called my Hornet the whole time I was there and I still go visit him sometimes to say hi. He gladly accepts me as his friendly neighbor hood hornet. haha gotta love crazy people. That would be my story to how I started.

"You see a mousetrap, I see free cheese and a fucking challenge!!"
 70yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that littlejohn is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
46 years now... and have quit everything else.
not going to quit this !
(smoking)

64yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Hobbes Choice is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was brought up in a house in which 3 adults smoked without the slightest hint that smoking was either harmful or connected with cancer. Being 53, I', m not even sure my Mum stopped smoking for her pregnancy.
Through peer pressure at age 11 I tried a cigarette,; it was if I had been looking for it all my life. I was hooked within a week.
It seems to me that I was already dependant. I smoked my self to illness until when I was 21 I managed to give up due to ill health.
I stopped for 10 years and started again. Such is the power of nicotine addiction.
I've not smoked for 9 years, but quitting did not stop me getting cancer 5 years ago.
I think the answer to my addiction is juvenile passive smoking.

i hope that answers your question.

Do you smoke? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy