Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Who here has been moved?

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Who here has been moved?
I am just wondering if anyone here has been persuaded by the thoughts of another. If you actually ever lost an argument and found out that you were either wrong, or that the other person was just more right than you were.

Did anyone ever change their religion because of something that happened here? Did anyone ever find God, or loose him because of these debates?

Also, who is stubborn?

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I enjoy learning what others believe in. I also believe that if anyone is moved, it is God who opens their hearts and eyes To understand.

In the term stubborn, do you mean that they refuse to let go of ideas prooven wrong?
Or stubborn in faith in a good way?

I would say I am stubborn in regards to my own faith. But my friends vary in different religions. Again, God's Spirit is the worker of softened hearts. Those who dispel his teachings are but seeds for faith. Those who sow, let God nourish.
Peace.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have definitely been pursuaded and/or moved by several people here, so much so that I have found those people to be very good "online" friends (68firebird, PV_em, Mia, Wyote etc.). They offer better advise and better viewpoints than the people that I am friends with "offline" and if I get pissed off and disagree with them, I can just not respond, lol.

As far as the religion thing, I don't think I will ever let anyone pursuade my view again. My thoughts on the issue, are just that...my thoughts.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
this is a bit hard to explain. i try to let myself become persuaded by peoples opinions so that i might understand where they are coming from better. at the end of the "discussion" i feel like i maintain my own beliefs/opinions, but on occasion a person has been able to make "additions" or "subtractions" to what i had previously thought... i dont think anyone has ever fully changed the way i think however. and yes, i am very stubborn.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Though my position on religion has not moved, I am not looking at the Iraq War in the same light since I came here.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I myself have not been moved, but I have been enlightened. When I first stumbled upon this rock on forum, I had the biggest grin on my face, 'cause I love the topics about religion, philosophy, and meanings to life.
There have been thoughts that you all have given me that have actually strengthened my own beliefs with logic, even if you were against me in an argument.

But I am stubborn to protecting what I believe is true. For, after all, it would take a lot of effort to destroy some one's meaning of life.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Iraq war - who has not changed their mind about that one? Sometimes I will go days and not even think about it.

Concerning Religion - I don't really have one, but I sure do have a lot to say about it. As I speak, I begin to realize I do have a religion, I just don't have a name for it.

I don't think that I or you can teach anyone religion. Religion is a personal experience. And best that one can do is share it with another. Some times that other person has experienced something similar, and two can share together. Sharing might also inspire another to search. Religion is something you have have to see for yourself. No one can show it to you - you have to open your eyes, look and see for yourself. And what you see, I may not even notice.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We all have a nique.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
Who here has been moved?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy