I would rather have my ignorance than another man's knowledge, because I have so much more of it. - Mark Twain
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Was Christ really resurrected?

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hi ppl. Well, I wz wondering if christ really was resurected, or is it a misinterpretation of the Bible. Could any one point out specific verses to support the resurruction?

The bible says that Jesus went up some tower to his followers, and first they grew scared and thought that he was a spirit, but the jesus told them that 'look at me, I have flesh and bones, and a spirit has no flesh and bone', thus trying to convince them that he was alive. Then to further prove this, he asked for and ate food and drink. I dont think a spirit needs food.

Another thing against resurruction is that after he was put in the tomb, it was found that the stone was removed, and the sheets were unwound, showing that the physical body of jesus inside the tomb had escaped.

Also, regarding the Holy trinity, what argument is there for supporting this concept? Because no where does the bible state that christ was God.

Thoughts anyone?.....

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
On this subject I don't know for sure what to believe - but his body was supposed to be a more perfect uncorruptable body that all believers will one day receive. That is what I have been taught on the subject. But I don't know for sure what to believe.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is Jesus God?
Phi 2:6 who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God,
Phi 2:7 but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men.
Phi 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Phi 2:9 Therefore God has highly exalted Him, and has given Him a name which is above every name,
Phi 2:10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of heavenly ones, and of earthly ones, and of ones under the earth;
Phi 2:11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

the Pharasees crucufied Him because they said He blasphemed...and called Himself God.
IT is written in text, that only GOD can forgive our sins...and YET there stood Jesus...forgiving ppl.

Phil. 2:5-8, it says that Jesus "emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men . . ."

God demonstrates the greatest love

He is infinite, holy, loving, and no one can demonstrate these qualities better than God Himself.

God has full ability to demonstrate His own nature.

Can anyone "out do" God in love?

Jesus accurately represents the Father

Heb. 1:3, "And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high," (NASB).

John 14:8, ". . . Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. . ."

Jesus said, . . .

John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends."

Conclusion

If Jesus is not God and He laid down His life, then He is doing something greater than the Father can do.

If Jesus is God and He laid down His life, then God is performing the greatest act of love.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 57yrs • F •
St. Matthew 28; 1-10
"Now late in the night of the Sabbath, as the first day of the week began to dawn, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to see the sepulchre. And behold, there was a great earthquake; for an Angel of the Lord came down from heaven, and drawing near rolled back the stone, and sat upon it. His countenance was like lightening, and his raiment like snow. And for fear of him the guards were terrified, and became like dead men. But the angel spoke and said to the women "Be not afraid; for I know that you seek Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here, for he is RISEN even as he said. Come see the place where the Lord was laid. And go quickly tell his disciples that he has risen; and behold, he goes before you into Galilee; there you shall see him. Behold, I have foretold it to you." And they departed quickly from the tomb in fear and great joy, and ran to tell his disciples. And behold, Jesus met them saying "Hail!" And they came up and embraced his feet and worshipped him. The Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid, go take word to my brethren that they are set out for Galilee; there they shall see me"

Matthew 28; 18-
And Jesus drew near and spoke to them saying "All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the father, the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and behold, I am with you all days, even unto the consumation fo the world."

57yrs • F •
St MArk 16; 19
So then the Lord after he had spoken to them, was taken up into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God.

St Luke 24; 25-
But he said to them "O foolish ones and slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Christ have to suffer these things before entering into his glory?" And beginning then with Moses and with all the prophets, he interpretted to them in all the scriptures the things referring to himself.

31-
And their eyes were opened, and they recognised him; and he vanished from thrier sight.

And while they were talking of these things, Jesus stood in their midst, and said to them "Peace to you! It is I, do not be afraid." But they were startled and panic stricken and thought that they saw a spirit.

50-
Now he led them out towatds Bethany, and he lifted his hands and blessed them. And it came to pass as he blessed them and was carried up into heaven.

What exactly was the question?

57yrs • F •
One more thought. Jeuss had mentioned the FEAST in His Father's kingdom.
I will assume He can eat.

64yrs • M •
Dreamer - I believe in the Christ consciousness. This theory does not disagree with your theory, yet again, it doesn't exactly agree with it either. But like a templet it fits perfectly.

What I question is the validity of the scriptures, whether or not the story has been told correctly or not. This has nothing to do with the Christ consciousness theory. There is a very large group of people who believe in the Christ consciousness theory as I do and like you believe that the bible is the uncorrupted word of God. I am a more rare person who questions the validity of the bible, and this is why I am not sure.

57yrs • F •
The very fact that four men had indeed wrote their accounts seperately, and from memory tells me they may differ in small detail, but the stories all corroborate.
If they were a group of men sitting side by side, they went to great measures to ensure their writings for future reference would all be found on different lands, and places.
But if they ahd corroborated, their stories would have exacting measures.
Example, the fact the details differ by some degree however each show an account for the same story, relates to me they did indeed experience the things written.

Their position of the account concludes how the story draws out.

For instance, John was more attached to Jesus, due to his innocence and youth and felt more loved.
Matthew was basically written for the conversion of the Jews. So, he carefully worded his accounts.
Mark was written for Pagans, so he wrote
a harsh tone.
Luke wrote the most emotional view point.

Each differed because like anyone sitting in a group. If an event occurs, take them away, ask seperately what they saw, it will all be very close, but each person observed something slightly different, so it will NOT be exact.

64yrs • M •
I had read the Aquarian gospel. By reading the Aquarian gospel I have discovered that the reason they have different accounts is because some things happened more then once and each time it happened a little differently. For instance the sermon on the mount. This was a sermon that Jesus repeated in different places he had traveled. Slight changes had been made in his sermon to match the people he was giving it to.

I think the question is, when Jesus returned, was he flesh or was he spirit. My answer is, I don't know. I could probebly study everything and come up with an idea exceptable to me that I could share. To me, it's just not that much important to me. Did he return, whether it be spirit or flesh, or better yet, was his body actually resurrected. I would have to look into the Aquarian gospel and see what it says.

You see, things have been added to the four gospels. If you look in the foot notes, sometimes you will find the statement, "this was not found in earlier translations." Therefore I suspect things have been tampered with. Why not? who had control of the scriptures? It's not so impossible to believe.

57yrs • F •
I have a fairly old bible, so I do not have that 'added feature' you refer to.
I also do NOT use the King James Version, nor the New World Translation.
It would depend on the bibles 'background'
There are 30,000 different christian churches. Although many kept the reference the same, some have actually brought and yeilded changes.

I think the question is, when Jesus returned, was he flesh or was he spirit.

His Spirit went to 'a holding tank' so to speak. He judged those there, and because of His sacrifice, the gates to heaven were opened. As they had been shut in the Garden of Eden. Caused by the Original sin of man. Through Adam and Eve.
He came to earth for the sole purpose to free mankind from that sin, and allow the gates to reopen.
He took upon himself the sins of an entire world, for every nation.

When He RESURRECTED on the third day, He received His body again. The Spirit rejoined the flesh.
He rose to heaven as a whole. His body was incorruptible, and therefore was not left to decay and rot.

So, the answer is, He was both Spirit and Man, as we shall all be at the FINAL judgement, and the resurrection of life.
When man first dies, he is given a transposed body, much like Jesus showed the apostles when He gave them vision of He with Moses, and Abraham.
'The brightness was better than any bleach could give.'

When man dies and is able to enter heaven, he is waiting for the resurrection of the body. Therefore we shall be reunited with bodies. As Jesus was reunited with His body.
Although He died, He was the 'FIRSTBORN' into the kingdom of heaven.

Hope this helped. I find myself competing with the keyboard sometimes, losing track of my thoughts.

64yrs • M •
Yes - In the Aquarian gospel, First the spirit was taken and he visited the captives and then he returned and his body rose. His body was changed into something different. (That's the condensed version).

So - because it says this in both the bible and the Aquarian gospel, I would have to say that there is about a 75% chance that this did happen.

I believe that a man became so enamoured in the Christ consciousness that it was as if God was with us. Islam certainly knows the truth about martyrdom. If Jesus had not been put to death, we probably would not have heard about him today, Jesus I think knew this was the way it had to work with our free will. In allowing himself to be killed, he became a sacrifice because of our sinfulness. I won't kid you and try to tell you that I believe the same as you, because I know I don't and I will not call myself a Christian, because I would not want to confuse anyone. But if you study the church history you will know that your belief that Jesus died for our sins is quiet new. I can't remember the name of the man who first started preaching this, but I've read many of his sermons. He took a lot of flack; this was a very new idea. One can say with confidence that the Church is growing in understanding. I can hope, someday, my belief will become acceptable. Not just mine, there are many others who believe the same as I do.

You might ask. Why can't you believe (what you believe)? In all honesty, my father found the gospel of grace and sucked it right up. He owed a lot and found a way to pay that debt without having to pay it, by simply saying, "Jesus paid it for me." I loved my father very much, a simple apology would have been enough, and all debts would have been paid, but he couldn't even do that. My father taught me that this teaching could be used as an excuse for wrongdoing, he was an example of that.

57yrs • F •
quote:
But if you study the church history you will know that your belief that Jesus died for our sins is quiet new. I can't remember the name of the man who first started preaching this, but I've read many of his sermons. He took a lot of flack; this was a very new idea.

Not exactly sure where you find the info you have kid, but if you understand the term Chrsit,who is the promised Messiah, The Anointed; an appellation given to Jesus, the Savior.

Both God and man--the Messiah sent to save the human race from the SIN it inherited through the Fall of Man.

This is he "of whom Moses in the law and the prophets did write." The Old
Testament Scripture is full of prophetic declarations regarding the Great
Deliverer and the work he was to accomplish. Jesus the Christ is Jesus the
Great Deliverer, the Anointed One, the Saviour of men. This name denotes that
Jesus was divinely appointed, commissioned, and accredited as the Saviour of
men (Heb. 5:4; Isa. 11:2-4; 49:6; John 5:37; Acts 2:22).

64yrs • M •
I remember now - It was Sturgeon who intruduced salvation by grace, I think it was the 1800s. A teaching that is now the norm, back then, un heard of. People traveled great distances just to hear him. Ofcourse, in the bible - it tells you right there. But everyone didn't always have the bible. And I don't have to think to awfully hard for an example of something in the bible that is not taught or followed. Here is a mystery, Paul says, a woman is saved by giving birth, I don't know of anybody preaching that.

Before that it was believed that you were saved by following the law. Going to church, praying, being baptized, tiething, and repenting if did do anything wrong. Now - you believe that Jesus is the Son of God (God in the flesh) who paid the price for your sins with his blood, and you are saved, by faith. Believe it or not, but even here in America people were put in jail if it was thought they were false teacher spreading false doctrine. You was to tell someone back then that they were saved by faith, not works, you'de probebly end up in jail. I'm not certain if Sturgeon was put in jail, but I wouldn't doubt it.

57yrs • F •
St James 2; 14-26

What will it profit, my brethren, if a man says he has faith, but does not have works? Can the faith save him? And if a brother or a sister be naked and in want of daily food, and one of you say to them, "Go in peace, be warmed and filled," yet you do not give them what is necessary for the body, what does it profit? So faith to, unless it has works IS DEAD in itself. But someone will say "Thou hast faith, and I have works." Show me thy faith without works, and I from my works will show thee my faith. Thou believest that there is one God. Thou doest well. The devils also believe, and tremble.
But dost thou want to know, O senseless man, that faith without works is USELESS? Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he offered up Isaac his son upon the altar? Dost thou see that faith worked along with his works, and by the works the faith was made PERFECT? And scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham believed God, and reckoned to him as justice, and he was called the friend of God." You see by that works man is justified, and NOT by faith only. In like manner was not Rehab the harlot also justified bu works, when she welcomed the messengers and sent them out another way? For just as the the body without the spirit is dead, so faith also without works is DEAD.

As for you wondering about why women suffering in childbirth are saved, because instead of suffering eternally for the sins committed against God, from the original sin, God gave pain in childbirth to all women instead.

In other words, they take the time in pain for a period to cleanse themselves of the sins brought onto mankind by their original act that brot suffering into the world.

okcity, it is a good thing. By their pain in childbirth, they are saved, and are no subject to be mistreated by men or made to suffer at the hands of mankind. Nor are they dismissed from God's sight, but embraced because accepting to still have children and bear the pain, they make a sacrifice. It brings perfection to their nature in suffering for God when they bear life
for God's creation.

64yrs • M •
Thank you, you have brought back memories.

Some would say that you have not rightly devided the word of truth. That was a part of a different dispensation, the dispensation of the law.

You are saved by faith, not works, less any man should boast. (whatever).

You keep believing what you believe and you'll do alright.

I like your analogy about women.

1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy