Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Matrix Online

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Matrix Online
Is anyone interested in this game? its supposidly going to be the largest massive multiplayer online game to date. will peoples bitterness toward the way the trilogy ended shy them away from this game and result in it being a total flop? personally i think it looks like an amazing as well as ground breaking game.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
so, how is the game played? is everyone like a hero like neo or what? that would be kind of stupid because i mean, he's "the one," and not everyone in the world can have powers and such. sounds like a strange concept.

"You are reading this."
 40yrs • M •
haha yes that would be rather strange, which is why it wont be done in that mannor. contrary to popular belief the Wachowski brothers are not idiots. not a heck of a lot of information has been released about the game yet, but here is the website to learn more...

http://thematrixonline.warnerbros.com/web/index.jsp

[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we should team up dood.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The game looks cool but they really don't say what type of game it would be.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 40yrs • M •
id be happy to join up with you firebird, or anyone else on here for that matter. looks like the largest faction so far is the Illuminati. kinda weird that there are already groups and ship names and yet the game isnt even out yet... i also read today in my Computer Gaming magazine that UbiSoft is ducking out of the whole project... they claim that production is still underway and it will still be released in late 2004, but it looks like they are already having a lot of trouble...

ok so the way i understand the game (with everything i have read thus far) the whole game takes place inside the matrix just after Revolutions ends. there is one large main city with many familiar sites from the movies (probably places such as Metacortex, Merv's castle, the oracles appartment... you get the idea). you (as a player) are a human from Zion who is "jacked in" from a ship at broadcast depth.

during missions you may choose to fight for Zionists or Machinests. missions will be played in "pockets" of the matrix, seperate from the main city. your reward for doing missions is not currency but rather "information" which can be used to improve your character. they have also said that if you work at it hard enough, you will be able to meet some of the main characters from the movies, which will allow for bragging rights amongst gamers (im gonna go out on a limb here and say it wont be Neo or Trinity LOL). there are three main character branches that i am currently aware of 1. soldier 2. spy 3. hacker. obviously hacking is a large part of the game. Nodes must be hacked during missions in order to obtain information. also certain items in the game may have "code" on them which can improve your character (ie - clothing, weapons, accessories). opponents are harmed in various ways, the obvious is weapons, but also certain abilities may allow you to change a persons Residual Self Image which would be quite troublesome if you think about it

anyway the overall object is to free people or keep them from being freed. the Wachowski Bros. have made an entirely new storyline just for this game. the progress of the society of players will determine the direction and progress in which the plot develops. this may very well end up being the finale everyone wanted so badly... seems to me like an excuse to lead up to making more movies

[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 40yrs • M •

40yrs • M •
well being as broke as i am, i havent picked up the game yet. but im still trying to follow the continuation of the story as much as i can... if anyone else is interested, the first chapter is up to watch here.

http://thematrixonline.warnerbros.com/web/live/downloads/movies_sounds.j
sp#cinematics

The Matrix Online
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy