Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A Sense Of Humor

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A Sense Of Humor
Does the spirit world have a sense of humor?

I had this dream last night. I had to leave my wife for a secret assignment in Korea. I had never done this before, I wasn't sure I could do it, but there was no one else who could. After just one day I was captured and I knew I would die and never see my wife again. It would be a slow and painful death as they tried to extract as much information as they could. I wish I had a cynide capsul so I could make my death come swift and less painful. I woke up, and guess what, it was April Fools Day!

Errr - that was rotten, I was rreally scared.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not sure if this is a joke, or not.
I am under the impression that you think spirits gave you this dream for the sake of April Fool's.

Well, I believe God has a sense of humor. Life would be worhtless if we did not laugh and enjoy it. He gave us the ability to laugh, so He must assuredly laugh too.

Evil laughs at us, and our follies, and plights cause them delights.

As for the drream, well, what did you eat before bed?

Seriously, dreams are complex 'signals'. No idea what your dream means, but if I were to guess, you may have been having some serious suppressed issues with your wife, and found yourself either resentful or upset with her. The dream was a way of showing you what the seperation would mean to you in a deeper level.
You would much rather die than face the pain of seperation.
I might be positively wrong, and I am sorry. Just guessing.

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 64yrs • M •
Dreamer - no that's very good, I like that interpretation. In a relationship, after a time, you do tend to get tired of your spouse. Possibly my inner self was trying to tell me that it would not be good without her. It reminds me of a time when I thought my son was going to die. I had to hold back the tears while I stood in front of the docter. I did not realize I loved him so much, after that I never questioned it.

I'm not sure I believe in the spirit world, but some do, and there might be. But the dream most likely came from myself and your interpretation is probebly right on. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out dreams, but I missed that one. It was the first of April, I figure maybe somebody has a sense of humer.

You dream between 6 to 12 dreams a night and very rarely do you ever remember them, but when you do, I figure its important.

57yrs • F •
I call myself Dreamer for a few reasons. One being my dreams.
Another I dream of Utopia on earth. Impossible I know, but still that's another reason why I am a dreamer.
I am glad that helps you figure out the dream. When we dream of our spouses, it is our inner feelings being brought out. If we are angry, or unsure of how we relate to our loved ones, our messages are for us to see by 'building' a scenerio where we are taken from them, or they from us, to show us in a subconscious way how we feel deep down.
If we are upset, that prooves to our waking selves, that indeed we still do care for them.

As for the Spiritual world, it exists, and is more profound in the world today than it ever has been.

There is a war within the spirit world, and it is 'oozing' out into the mortal world.
Ever seen so many evil acts committed by people before?

It is real.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I like the idea of the spirit or spirits having a sense of humor though.

Whatever you believe in, say God for example.
Seeing as how God would be so vast and all, I believe he has all the ability to do his work yet enjoy his work at the same time. Like, say he has a favorite football team. He does not help them win against the laws of the universe and all, but he smiles whenever they make a touchdown.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 64yrs • M •
Edgar Cayce believed in the Spirit world and teaches a lot about it.

I did know a man who claimed to be the son of Saten, he would tell you there was a spirit world, it scared him to death.

As for me, that I know of, I have not witnessed anything from the spirit world and I'm not sure if I belive in it, but I don't scoff at anybody who does. Just because we ourselfs don't witness something doesn't mean it is not so.

I did once myself dream that we could all live in a world were we all loved one another, i don't believe that this can happen, but, that doesn't mean we can't live in a better world then we do.

I would agree that God does not always interfer for a reason. There are some things you can't teach someone, they have to learn it on their own, and I think that's why we are here.

57yrs • F •
I suppose then I have. But I have also lost alot of loved ones.

quote:
As for me, that I know of, I have not witnessed anything from the spirit world and I'm not sure if I belive in it, but I don't scoff at anybody who does. Just because we ourselfs don't witness something doesn't mean it is not so.

64yrs • M •
The Kahuna religion teaches that when a person leaves they leave behind a shadow. A memory of all the things they have done and witnessed on this earth.

57yrs • F •
That's interesting. In fact, until no one is around to remember us, we do leave marked memories for loved ones.

A Sense Of Humor
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy