Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

FFXII

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
FFXII
http://www.ff12.com/

cant wait, cant wait, cant wait! *jumps up and down*

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey Wyote- Or anyone else for that matter...
have you played Final fantast tactics or FF7 for playstation
any fantasy game recomendations in general for PS1?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 40yrs • M •
im not a fan of tactics, never really got that far into it tho. FF7 is awesome... also check out the umm well i forget its official title but its got three of the old FF games combined into one on the PS1... also check out Legend of Dragoon. oh, and any Breath of Fire game, those are great

was the original Dark Cloud on PS1? im losing my mind...

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
final fantasies 4, 6 and 7 in my opinion had the best character development(4 in particular) and storylines. 7 was the game that got the final fantasy games famous and thus more commercial and kind of silly. i thought 8 had terrible character development and a somewhat predictible storyline, 9 was better but still not that great...i couldnt really take it seriously since all the main characters were under the age of 16. 10 was better even though it was still missing some things that the old ones had. you can get 4 and 6 in ff chronicles and anthology for ps1, although ill warn you that the graphics are VERY dated. still, the storyline in these 2 games i think are better than that in any rpg ive seen in a long time.
ff4 was good because of its serious tones and excellent character development and themes of redemption, loss, revenge, betrayal, love, all that...basically more going on here than most ff games. its only like 30 hours long but very deep. cecil was in my opinion the best hero in any rpg of all time, even though a lot of people dont recognize him as such.
ff6 had kind of a strange deal where there was no main character, but every character in the game has the leading role at one time or another. really good storyline here too, and the atmosphere of the game itself was real dark and heavily influenced by world war II as well as the industrial revolution.
ff7 was good because it was the dawn of 3d graphics and square hadnt gone heavily commercial yet so the plot was still real good. great char development here, and great length for an rpg--around 70 hours, not too long like xenogears and not too short like ff8(4 disks for a 50 hour game).
aside from final fantasy, some really good linear rpgs(past and present included are): dragon warrior 4 for nes(this ones probably hard to get ahold of), suikoden 2 for playstation, legend of dragoon for playstation, xenogears for playstation(the longest rpg of all time i think--200+ hours), chrono trigger(also on final fantasy anthology for ps), and others that i cant really think of.
sorry this post was so long but i could seriously talk for hours about old supernintendo and ps1 rpgs that i grew up playing.

"You are reading this."
 40yrs • M •
ah, heres that stupid thread i was looking for just wanted to add Beyond the Beyond to the list. its such a rip off of final fantasy, but its a great game

windup - anthology was what i was trying to think of! thanks! and youre right, cecil rocks

oh, and ive heard that ff12 is getting back to some of their old routes... many older fans of the series will be very satisfied with this one.... supposidly.... so heres hoping!

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yeah it takes place in a world called ivalice...does anyone know if this is the same ivalice from tactics, or just the same name?

"You are reading this."
FFXII
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy