if there is no such thing as a stupid question what do stupid people ask? - unknown
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Soul energy

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Soul energy
I was watching monty python's meaning of life, and they had a wonderful theory, not really theory but reason why we humans are unalbe to fully understand ourselves. They said that there are many energys in the universe, some we cant perceive. Like soul energy. Not the religious soul energy but carefully self guided soul energy. that takes strict dicipline of slef observation to acheive but as humans (now) are unable to do so. This is due to the many distractions that surround our enviornment. Like T.V, and people. I am goin to test this theory out my friends, i want to see if i am able to connect with my soul energy, if there is such a thing.. Love must have something to do with it.... so long for now might be back in a week or so.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Like Ki energy?

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when i was thinking about Duelism one day, i had a thought about "soul energy" and/or Ki... the main problem is that there is no way a non-physical thing can influence a physical thing. this is why Duelism struggles as a theory. so my thinking is that what if, in your brain (mostly) there is some sort of energy which is either A. non-physical and phyisical at the same time or B. neither non-physical or physical but somehow able to influence both.... this seems to be a viable solution in solving Duelism, but there is no proof of its exsistence.... yet.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have come to a conclusion. After 5 days of meditation before proceeding with my daily activities i found that it is impossible to connect with myself in the environment that i am in. But i did continue with the experiment and the process of ignoring distractions and seeing things for what they really are. Most of all i am a closer to finding out what i am capable of.Some distractions caused variables, for i was unalbe to fully ignore them; School, Friends who do not know the significance of what you are trying to accomplish, and parents. besides these distractions i was able to form a conclusion.

1. (after meditation) the discourse of college and highschool stundents greatly reflect what they watch on Television. I have not watched T.v for 6 months but through careful analaysis and questions i found this to be true.

2. (after meditation) i witnessed three church ceremonies: one from a christain church, a cholic church, and a jewish church. I find church to resamble a cult more or less. If you go in atheous they basically repeat this quote but in different ways. "God has the power to forgive, so please consider, if you don not you will surly go to hell... i was sacred. Even though i had nothing to repent. The power of a cult is amazing. For religions use the unknown to scare you into becoming a member.

3. Love is the greatest gift to your soul.

4.meditaiton works wonders.

5. most importantly, Follow your heart!

Wyote what do you consider your thoughts to be? What do you consider love to be? I think these forces are non-physical yet they are capable of making physical things. Example, writing, drawing, painting, persuing a relationship and making it stronger. For all these things are physical yet are born from non-physical forces.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
one could argue that these so called "non-physical" capabilities are in actuallity physical chemicals in your brain, in which you transfer on to paper, canvas or some other such medium. im still trying to sort all of this out in my head, its hard to come to a reasonable and modestly "correct" answer. as to where and/or how these chemicals are influences in such a mannor as to create thoughts/feelings/emotions... that is where i believe the "non-physical" element comes in to play. i suppose one could still argue that the chemicals are simply reacting in such a mannor that they have been designed.... but then where does the design originate? explanations can be given and more and more questions can be asked.... ultimately, i believe that because of this seemingly endless process, there must be (somewhere down the line) some sort of "non-physical" thing, as well as something which transfers or allows for "non-physical" and "phyisical" to interract with one another.

also, through meditation we are capable of finding love within ourselves, deeper than we could have possibly imagined. i have heard over and over that "God is Love" and with the christian version of meditation the idea is to look within yourself in order to find/allow God un to you. through my meditation experiences i have found depths of love which are almost incomprehendable and quite frankly, unexplainable.

PS - five days of meditation isnt nearly enough. i have been meditating for about twelve years now (maybe more) and i still discover new things all the time.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
Soul energy
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy