If you have a lot of tension and you get a headache, do what it says on the aspirin bottle: "Take two aspirin" and "Keep away from children." - Ana Rpo
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Child Predators

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Child Predators
What are your thoughts on Child Predators? Whether they are registered or not, as that fortunately is a requirement nationwide? Should these people be allowed to just serve jail time or should the government allow the Death Penalty to be implimented?

I have a friend that is going through this type of situation. However, there has been recent information letting on that there might be another child that was conceived out of another predatorial act in another state?

There are lots of concerns and issues with this type of crime. I know how I would feel.

What are your thoughts and how far would you push?

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think child predators are screwed up in the head--i.e. they display deviant behavior that harms other people that is related to their sexual prefrerence. this is why i don't see pedaphiles as any different from homosexuals except that acting on their sexual impulses does great harm to others. (i have nothing against homosexuals, im just comparing their sort of sexual deviance). the thing is, you can't stop a pedaphile from being attracted to children any more than you can stop a hetrosexual or homosexual from being attracted to the opposite or same sex. thats the point im trying to make--however, people do have the choice as to whether or not they're going to act on these impulses, i think. should child predators be sentenced to death? i don't really believe in the death penalty, but i do think that they should be seriously psychologically evaluated...i honestly think that their condition is a disorder, but i dont really think its practical to try and treat every child predator in the country--because, i don't know if its really possible to cure something like sexual orientation. its really tricky. the people that do really gruesome things to the kids are even worse, and a lot of people would probably like to see them executed and all that--i really don't know, i guess...its a touchy issue.

"You are reading this."
 51yrs • F •
Today I am reading our local paper and this is the front page news:

Local Man is facing charges of Child Abuse with a Minor: A 29 year old man is charged with having sexual intercourse with a 13 year old. This charge carries a 10-40 imprisonment upon conviction. The State says that anyone under the age of 17 is incapable of agreeing to any sexual act.

With this in mind, do you feel that the Courts should have taken away his rights to his own children? What makes his own children any different from this little girl?

I am sorry but this is the worst crime and it carries the least amount of punishment except in a few states, ie..Texas, New York, Georgia, Florida, etc... They do not allow for these individuals to be put back into society they do time and hard time at that.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yea 10-40 doesnt make me sleep any better at night. life in a minimum security prison seems about right, itd keep em away from society anyway... if it is some sort of disorder tho, theres got to be a cure...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 51yrs • F •
Have to agree, I believe that they need treatment. However, I don't think that they deserve a slap on the wrist and told to not do that again.

But then again, I suppose they don't have to worry about clothing, meals or where you will be sleeping either. Bout your only problem would be if you hair color clashes with the jumpsuits they provide.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You know. Ten to four years is going to end up being 4 years, that's the most sickening thing.

I think they should live out their years in a trash dump spending there time separating recyclables and formulating fertilizers from the organic matter. We need someone to do that. It should be their lifetime contribution to society for the harm they have done to another child.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 51yrs • F •
My husband (walts) is on another forum site. He brought to my attention the other day, that they have a gentleman on that site whom is a Registered Sex Offender. They (administrators) have blocked him from the site, due to the nature of his crime and the fact that children are on that site as well. The admin's took this measure as to keep from having any trouble.

My question is as follows:

What does Undergrounds Admin think about this? Do you or will you keep a Sex Offender from being on this site? Or are the children fair game on here?

I feel this should be answered by the admins on here other than the one that knows the circumstances of this matter.

I would also like to know from a personal stand point, how much information Admins are able to get with regards to our accounts on here. Is my information safe or can any of you get into and see who is who.

Concerned and asking for answers.

Lynnie

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Obviously these folks are mentally ill there is something wrong- (obviously) my thought is that somehow they are stuck in some child hood sexual phase themselves perhaps perpetuated by guilt for these feelings that started at this time in their life.
We are pretty hard on these people and for good reason but my thought to add to this is that of help- where can folks like this go to for help? It is unfortunate that in Canada and I am sure it even worse in the US that there is little affordable help for those with mental issues - we will deal with them only if they have done something horrible. It is to bad there are not more avenues for help for these people- prevention may be the way to go....

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i agree w/ir me 100%

"You are reading this."
 51yrs • F •
Myself and my oldest son will be testifying in a hands down case of this sorts, just for extra brownie points (if that is what you want to call it). The State had all the information they needed handed to them, literally.

Leaving my Grandson behind is going to be the hardest , hopefully nobody looses their cool over this.

Okay, I haven't ever disputed the fact that these people need help. Totally in agreement there.

Let's present another question: Should these people be allowed to have children and raise them?

What keeps the children of these people safe? I hear it coming well that is there own child, and what about the victims, they to are someones own child also.

47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why don't you want my opinion on this matter lynnie? Is it because I know so much about what is going on or is it because I know the REAL truth as to what happened? Or is it just that because I do know what it going on I'm not allowed to give my opinion on this matter? And knowing all that I know and what is going on now I won't say anymore on this particular case.

Wanted or not...

I agree that if someone is harassing others (sex offender or not) they shouldn't be allowed on here. However, how do you know if there is a sex offender on here unless they openly admit to it or they start harassing others? If they don't openly admit to it and they don't harass anyone you would never know that they are here.

And as Decius said you'll be happy to know that unless you give yourself away in a post as an ID other than those that ppl know who you are I won't know.

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm now im intrigued by this "situation" ...

anywho, they definately shouldnt have kids... if they dont have control over their "urges" then i dont see whats to stop them from going in that direction. but then again, ive never had a kid, its hard for me to even grasp exactly what that whole scenario is like...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Public laundry- I love it!

A nother aspect of the question as well although some parents are not exploiting there children but are neglectful in educating them about sexuality and it's consequences could that also be considered criminal? Or is the lack of education the fault of the society in general?

Also regarding Anonimity in this site that is a pretty easy thing to keep I don' think anyone volunteeres there real name in the public forums- I think the best way to protect young children on the net is to deny access to sites like this and chat rooms. I think there is plenty of time for chat rooms etc in later childhood and thereon but before that people need to learn solid interpersonal skills- they need to understand the darker side of socialization and how mean people can be a couple of years in a public school should do the trick.

But seriously Even if the admins did all they could if they suspected something what could they do? there is nothing stopping folks from communicating in other venues and there is such anominimity there is nothing that can be done except for educating people.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 51yrs • F •
Paula,

You are so correct there is always 2 sides to the truth, and no matter what if it is underage (minor) it is against the Law. Period.

47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree there lynnie, but I don't agree with the way that this one became an issue.

I don't use my real name on the internet for a reason, please use my s/n here when talking directly to me.

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
Child Predators
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy