Except for the American woman, nothing interests the eye of the American man more than an automobile, or seems so important to him as an object of aesthetic appreciation. - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why do teens find Chruch Boring? - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gothabomber is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
buddisms interesting, is it true that it dont have any god. That sounds like agd religion

"everything but never anything"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The way I understand Buddism is that God a force within you that you find, nurture and grow one with. Decius is Buddist. I'm sure he could explain it better.

Hot Nuns. Is I r me decribing a church or a new idea for a night club.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
church is in jeapordy of losing its traditional look with its attempts to modernise

64yrs • M •
I agree. Honesty and their ability to face what is happening in the world will make them more interesting. But when people are dieing in Iraq and you're only willing to preach about roses, I don't think people will like that.

37yrs • M •
yeah thats true

43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hey Decius r u a buddhist?

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It might be the 'hard sell' approach of some religions as well or the guilt driven aspects, the hollier than thou attitude- but maybe it the parents that keep them away what with all the church molestation cases these days...They are so pulicisied lately

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 37yrs • M •
man its weird like 100- 400 years ago noone would beleive a preist would do sumit like that...now look at the world!!

43yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that daisygirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think people are getting crazier and wierder every day and its all boils down to the mass population of people and it makes people sad and depressed when all you have to worry about is money and when you can get a feed. I just give up sometimes and worry what kind of Government are we ruled under and dosent the hurt and pain affect them at all. I'd like to be a fly on the wall and listen into their thoughts etc.

"Flesh and Blood Skin and bone, Whats mine is mine is mine alone."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wouldn't say I find church boring. I just dislike the idea of church all together.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 64yrs • M •
Child molestation is not new. It was very popular with the Romans, actually small boys were very popular, to them that was normal. Within religion you find record of it as 300 years after Christ. Its not new and they were probebly crazier back then.

But children and church are a scary thing. A childs mind is very formadable and some will try to take advantage of it.

37yrs • M •
well it was cuase of religion that people looked forward to something else like heaven erternal love and free non harmfull drugs ( alternative veiw to heaven) lol, and because of the neglection of the church people see life for wat it really is, the depressing world of money and survival ( which is the basics of human and animal lives). Church in moderation ould be a gd thing but as soon as it stops even in a slightest people start thinkin g outside the box ( which is a good thing) and looking to alternative ways of life and thinking. Would we have been better off without church or religion if this is the effect of its neglection?

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think church would be of better use to todays society if it were more personal rather than social. in the past it has been great as a social event but with how things are these days im not sure its the best way anymore...but maybe thats just me and my own theories rambling.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 64yrs • M •
Wyote - you might have something there. I'm not an old man, but I've seen this world do a complete 180. We have gone from Ye who follow drum is wise to Ye who follow drum is foolish and the church is still preaching Ye who follow drum is wise.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
it were more personal rather than social

Very true. Very true.

Churches differ in terms of denominations. Church has become a dull activity because it doesn'tappeal to the teenage soul. A lot of churches have youth groups to make religion more exciting, but some lack the spirituality. You need both the religion (texts and sermons) and the spirituality (praying to God directly). One without the other won't work.

Think of it in this way. Cleaning the house (religion) is a dull activity. You do it because your parents tell you. Loving your parents (spirituality) and not showing your love is also pointless. But if you see cleaning the house as a way of showing your love, it makes cleaning worthwhile. Religious practices are a way of showing or refreshing your love for God.

Clergy also need to go beyond the rules and restrictions in their sermons.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
Why do teens find Chruch Boring? - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy